IPL 12th Match: Deccan Chargers v Mumbai Indians

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Deccan Chargers v Mumbai Indians at Durban

Cricinfo probables

Deccan: 1 Adam Gilchrist (capt/wk), 2 Herschelle Gibbs, 3 VVS Laxman, 4 Rohit Sharma, 5 Scott Styris, 6 Venugopal Rao, 7 Ravi Teja, 8 Harmeet Singh, 9 Pragyan Ojha, 10 RP Singh, 11 Fidel Edwards.

Mumbai: 1 Sanath Jayasuriya, 2 Sachin Tendulkar (capt), 3 Shikhar Dhawan, 4 JP Duminy, 5 Dwayne Bravo, 6 Abhishek Nayar, 7 Harbhajan Singh, 8 Zaheer Khan, 9 Pinal Shah (wk), 10 Dhawal Kulkarni/Rohan Raje, 11 Lasith Malinga.

Cricinfo preview

Pranav

ICC Board Member
Mumbai Indians will win it :D

I expect a 100 run opening partnership by Sanath and Sachin. Zaheer and Malinga will rip apart Deccan's line-up. Habhajan will be useful too.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
being a DC fan,i would like to comment from the DC point of view.
if any two of gibbs,gilly and rohit fire,DC has got a very good chance as R.P.Singh has got jayasuriya's number(so do we as idea openly revealed the numbers of sachin,sanath,bhajji and zak) and ojha will hopefully do the rest.
DC must bat first here if they win the toss.
this surely will be a ripper of a game!!

bcvstheworld added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

being a DC fan,i would like to comment from the DC point of view.
if any two of gibbs,gilly and rohit fire,DC has got a very good chance as R.P.Singh has got jayasuriya's number(so do we as idea openly revealed the numbers of sachin,sanath,bhajji and zak) and ojha will hopefully do the rest.
DC must bat first here if they win the toss.
this surely will be a ripper of a game!!

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Deccan Chargers v Mumbai Indians at Durban

Cricinfo probables

Deccan: 1 Adam Gilchrist (capt/wk), 2 Herschelle Gibbs, 3 VVS Laxman, 4 Rohit Sharma, 5 Scott Styris, 6 Venugopal Rao, 7 Ravi Teja, 8 Harmeet Singh, 9 Pragyan Ojha, 10 RP Singh, 11 Fidel Edwards.

Mumbai: 1 Sanath Jayasuriya, 2 Sachin Tendulkar (capt), 3 Shikhar Dhawan, 4 JP Duminy, 5 Dwayne Bravo, 6 Abhishek Nayar, 7 Harbhajan Singh, 8 Zaheer Khan, 9 Pinal Shah (wk), 10 Dhawal Kulkarni/Rohan Raje, 11 Lasith Malinga.

Cricinfo preview

This should be a really good game, both teams have really good opening bowlers. Edwards has looked good, and so has Malinga. And Zaheer Khan isn't bad either lol.

I do think Mumbai will win though, there batting line-up just looks better.

sashidharan

Club Captain
MI will win for sure as kulkarni too will come in place of raje.He is a nice talent.Duminy is ready to fire.

DC stay aware......

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Been looking forward to seeing Mumbai in action again for a while. They're my team for this tournament and the side I'm backing. Hopefully Sachin and Jayasuriya will get going and make some big runs.

Why is Nick Compton talking up Lasith Malinga but failing to mention Zaheer Khan? =/ Zaheer's been one of the best T20 bowlers in the world in the last year or so, probably more consistent than Malinga. Mumbai have a superb bowling attack for T20 though, Malinga, Zaheer, Bravo and Harbhajan plus Jayasuriya and the Indian lads like Nayar. Awesome.

Last edited:

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Malinga is bowling pretty well here, he has such a good slower ball.

Howsie added 54 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Good batting from Dwayne Smith there, man he hits the ball hard. Deccan should make atleast 190 now.

Howsie added 10 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Good bowling from Dwayne Bravo, he has such good Variations.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Great bowling at the death by Malinga, the Deccan Chragers are atleast 20 runs short here.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
Great comeback by Mumbai. With gibbs on, it was looking like they are going to get 200, but thanks Venugopalrao, he got run out.

Magiacal bowling by Malinga. His yorkers were awesome.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Deccan Chargers got 168/9. That's not a bad score.

And I see Mumbai fought back greatly, because at one time Deccan Chargers were at 124-2 after 12.5 overs.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
RP's got the Purple cap back. 7th wicket of the tournament for him, Jayasuriya gone. A DLF Vodafone IPL Lalit Modi Nike RV KING OF SIXERS CITI Moment of Success for Deccan.

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Contrary to last season, Deccan has now good opening bowlers. That is showing a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread