18 Feb - England vs Pakistan - Warmup

Heres the team in new kit..

attachment.php

Attachments

• 128263.jpg
    128263.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 360
His innings will probably end up being split between scores below 10 and over 50. Pushing him to the top is not a bad idea but to try it out in the WC the first time is a very bad idea.

Strauss better perform as well.

England still have a month before they need a settled XI. There are many games against the minnows, which will allow them to test their different combinations. Might not be the best or most relevant example, but Pak tried different combinations in the 09 World T20, and didn't come across their best XI until the Kiwi game.

I hope they will give the new quickie [junaid] a chance for warm up before the big event :rolleyes

Don't worry, a combination of Strauss (captain), Wright, Yardy, Tredwell and Collingwood (bowling) gives you every chance of winning.

Even if you were 50/9 after 15 overs you can GUARANTEE Strauss will bring on Wright for a handful of nothing overs, then bring on Yardy to make sure he bowls 10 overs, muddle through Collingwood and Tredwell before the wicket-takers come back on and finish the job at 250/9. Of course Sureshot will have the Pakistan #11 as MOTM and batsman of the tournament! :facepalm

You want to be careful with continually putting words in my mouth and trolling.

Consider that a final warning btw.

His innings will probably end up being split between scores below 10 and over 50. Pushing him to the top is not a bad idea but to try it out in the WC the first time is a very bad idea.

Strauss better perform as well.

yeah, the other thing about it though is it made a lot more sense with morgan in the batting line-up. it leaves them without much fire power after he's out.

England I guess, I don't really care either way. I just don't want Australia to win

KP on a similar score to his last game with a similar strike rate.
The ever consistent Trott out early, so that should mean a score in his next game.

Good to see the youngster (Junaid) get trott's scalp considering the purple patch trott is in. Also happy to see Akhtar getting through a good long spell first up :thumbs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread