1st Ashes Test Match - Reduced Skills. Full Playtest.

@blockerdave what are your settings for tailenders? Im trying to edit wealey's teams so I wanna try yours out. Also @cooks1st100 what are your mentality settings? Anticipation and consistancy but also any other you have figured out..

I would try setting anticipation no higher than 14/15. What I am trialling at the moment is having minimum anticipation (11) for batsmen with a batting average below 20, then BatAv 20-30=12, 30-40= 13, 40-50=14, and 50+=15. Try that I guess.

Consistency I am just setting at varying levels to see what gives me the better results so I can't really say but probably lower is better than higher as with most of the attributes. Strength I have kept high. I think the lowest I have anyone's strength is 17

These are values for recognised batsmen/ all-rounders only I must add

Alright, lets begin the once off West Indies vs England...

I kid you not...

50/0 after 16...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 21
Hows it playing?!

Not bad actually. Simmed my batting so bowling at the end of day one with the sun shining, no edges but a couple of close calls. Narine's straighter one nearly got Lyth...

Anderson wraps up Australia innings early on Day 4 to set England target of 277 to win.

Bell (49*) and Root (39*) build platform for England after openers falter again!

Lunch Day 4

England 108-2

Again for me beautifully balanced and quite a test. Very interested to see how the second test pans out.

What I am going to do is play on exactly the same pitch. This will then allow me to see the variations in these conditions. Then can start to tweak from there onwards.

Wealey Man, just to let you know, you didn't change the stats for Bairstow :) I'm going to copy your teams across and change them for Australia and Zimbabwe, so will make Aus very slightly stronger and see what happens.. New ball every ten overs

Last edited:
LOL that explains the 150!!

Haha oh yeah!!

However may i point out that he was dropped on 15 and hes just gone for 1 in the second dig!

Test on a knige edge!![DOUBLEPOST=1437744674][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wealey Man, just to let you know, you didn't change the stats for Bairstow :) I'm going to copy your teams across and change them for Australia and Zimbabwe, so will make Aus very slightly stronger and see what happens.. New ball every ten overs
Yeah this will be interesting with the new ball!

Guys, can you please tell the username under whom I can download these teams....Would like to try them with 1.20.1...

I've just downloaded Wealey's teams, and have tweaked them up a bit for Australia, and down for Zimbabwe, who are 39 for 4 after 10 overs. New ball every 10 overs, PRO mode, Dry cracked and worn pitch. Mentalities true to real life

One bowled off his pads, one caught and bowled (rebounding off silly point again), one run out, and ...

7.4 Hazlewood to Waller ...

2015_07_24_16_06_15_Greenshot.jpg

Just a thought, but if I edit the home stadium to have an English climate, will I be able to get more edges in Australia as per Wealey's findings? Would be nice if someone can give that a try. Personally here I want varied dismissals, and Australia to still be stronger than Zim despite the relatively weak ratings.[DOUBLEPOST=1437747577][/DOUBLEPOST]
Guys, can you please tell the username under whom I can download these teams....Would like to try them with 1.20.1...

Go back a page or two, he mentions it

I've just downloaded Wealey's teams, and have tweaked them up a bit for Australia, and down for Zimbabwe, who are 39 for 4 after 10 overs. New ball every 10 overs, PRO mode, Dry cracked and worn pitch.

One bowled off his pads, one caught and bowled (rebounding off silly point again), one run out, and ...

7.4 Hazlewood to Waller ...

2015_07_24_16_06_15_Greenshot.jpg

Just a thought, but if I edit the home stadium to have an English climate, will I be able to get more edges in Australia as per Wealey's findings? Would be nice if someone can give that a try. Personally here I want varied dismissals, and Australia to still be stronger than Zim despite the relatively weak ratings.[DOUBLEPOST=1437747577][/DOUBLEPOST]

Go back a page or two, he mentions it
What have those 4 dismissals been like mate!!

I didn't get the run out, which was to deep point going for a third. Ive just had the fifth fall to a silly point miracle catch. I'm going to start again and get rid of the silly point, they get to everything, even full blooded stuff and it doesn't really look normal. Will make my own custom field. Zimbabwe 32 for 5

2015_07_24_15_54_57_Greenshot.jpg

2015_07_24_15_58_45_Greenshot.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread