1st PS3 T20 Champions Trophy- Completed

Eflindor

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
As discussed lilas, i am in mate.

Will check back here when for commencement details.

Good luck all.

Eflindor

School Cricketer
Also please note, I am UK origin but live in a +4 gmt timezone now so early GMT start times are good for me mate, in fact probably better for me. I will be here all holidays as well :D :banana2

lilas11

Club Cricketer
lilas what about spinner rule it stands or not

I added the spinner rule for the following reasons:
1. Makes teams with good spinners like NZL(vettori), SL(murlitharan) and PAK more attractive and level on skill with teams having 5 good medium pacers like Australia and South Africa.
2. Some players feel it becomes robotic using the same field setting for medium pacers so adding the spinner could spice up things
3. Discourage people from slogging from the first ball as the batting team might want to wait and try to play the 4 spin overs also it might add a tactical angle for the bowling team as to when and how they would like to introduce the spinner.
4. I know a lot of players use spinners as an attacking option as batsmen take more risks and can end up losing a lot of wickets in those overs.
5. It is mandatory for both teams so u might end up giving a lot of runs but u might also end up scoring a lot in the 4 overs.

However this is my opinion on it we can obviously change it if everyone wants the rule to be scraped.

Eflindor

School Cricketer
Wish this moderator would hurry up and approve my posts !!!! Tsk!

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Those on MSN messenger add me - [email protected]. For me (and others who don't have a keyboard for their PS3) that's an easier way of communicating during / before matches. May also help in knowing more easily when someone is online and scheduling matches.

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Dunno.

Lilas - could you draw up the 2 groups and so we can start playing the tourney? You can add the 8th player to the group with 3 teams as and when we get another sign-up.

BTW PsyMax and I played a practice game with these rules earlier today and agreed to abandon the match with me at 97/1 after 8 overs (and I'm not the greatest bat out there). I'm still OK with the rules - just sharing with everyone that it looks like these games are going to be higher scoring than previously thought.

P

pcfan123

Good luck guys, glad to see sping being used in a tournament.

Just a comment to make, gougie and I have been playing with 4 overs of spin requried and we normally get anywhere between 60-90 runs each off those overs. To make it a bit more realistic we have agreed not to "advance/charge" spin. It makes the games a bit less high scoring. Trust me nothing is worse than bowling really well and tight for 16 overs and having all your hard work ruined in 4 overs of spin.

Just a suggestion, good luck in the tourny, will be keeping track of this one.

lilas11

Club Cricketer
Hmarka and Thandamilk thank your for the suggestions. I guess we should start within the next 14 hours. As I said it is an open forum and we can abolish the spinner rule or incorporate not using the advance on the spinners if majority agrees to it. I will wait for the next 14 hours and if we have 4 people going for any of 2 suggestions we will go ahead and incorporate rule else we would stick to the rules stated in the first post.
1. Use of spin
3 yes (lilas, eflindor and Thandamilk)- 1 no (lonewolf)

2. No to advance option on spinners
Yet to be voted on

lilas11 added 7 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

to draw the groups I am using regions we are in so that playing times are concurrent and connection errors are fewer

Group A
Thandamilk-New Zealand (playing from USA)
jaynffc- Sri Lanka (playing from UK)
kellerwwfc- Pakistan (playing from UK)
psymax78- South Africa (playing from UK)

Group B
lilas11- India (playing from India)
lonewolf5646- England (playing from India)
Eflindor- Australia (playing from Mauritius)
garotech/akill85- WI (playing from India) subject to confirmation before semi finals
2 games against each player in group- home and away. Home team can choose conditions.

If anyone has any issues on the groups or rules please let me know within the next 14 hours else we should be good to start by
18 December 1200GMT
Good luck to all. Look forward to the first of many successful tournaments :happy

Last edited:

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Hmarka and Thandamilk thank your for the suggestions. I guess we should start within the next 14 hours. As I said it is an open forum and we can abolish the spinner rule or incorporate not using the advance on the spinners if majority agrees to it. I will wait for the next 14 hours and if we have 4 people going for any of 2 suggestions we will go ahead and incorporate rule else we would stick to the rules stated in the first post.
1. Use of spin
3 yes (lilas, eflindor and Thandamilk)- 1 no (lonewolf)

2. No to advance option on spinners
Yet to be voted on

lilas11 added 7 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

to draw the groups I am using regions we are in so that playing times are concurrent and connection errors are fewer

Group A
Thandamilk-New Zealand (playing from USA)
jaynffc- Sri Lanka (playing from USA)
kellerwwfc- Pakistan (playing from NZL)
psymax78- South Africa (playing from ENG)

Group B
lilas11- India (playing from India)
lonewolf5646- England (playing from India)
Eflindor- Australia (playing from Mauritius)
garotech/akill85- WI (playing from India) subject to confirmation before semi finals
2 games against each player in group- home and away. Home team can choose conditions.

If anyone has any issues on the groups or rules please let me know within the next 14 hours else we should be good to start by
18 December 1200GMT
Good luck to all. Look forward to the first of many successful tournaments :happy

Thanks for setting this up Lilas. I'm honestly OK with or without the spinner required rule. I think with no lag and 1 quick only one can have fairly realistic games. If we do have a spinner, I'm for LAF's suggestion of no advancing down the wicket.

jaynffc & Kellerwwfc - guys I've sent you a friend request on PSN. Hopefully we can setup our games soon.

Is PsyMax on these forums, Lilas? When I played him this morning he didn't seem to be aware of the tourney rules and when we decided to abandon our "practice match" he had indicated something to the effect of "this is not working". Psy - you around buddy? Pls confirm you're planning on being part of the tourney.

lonewolf5646

Club Captain
ok go ahead with spinner rule
and a big nooooooooooo to advancing down the wicket u can score a good 25-30 runs by advancin down without gettin out so it shud not be allowed

lilas11

Club Cricketer
Yes psymax is on the forum.

So we are sticking to the mandatory spinner rule.

Since there are still concerns over using the advance shot I am delaying the start time for the tourney. If within the next 24 hours we have 2 more players against using advance shot to spinners we would implement it else we stick to rules mentioned in first post.
So we start Saturday 19 December 0700 GMT

Last edited:

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
good luck guys, but group A guys will have trouble because of the vast differences in time.

lilas11

Club Cricketer
good luck guys, but group A guys will have trouble because of the vast differences in time.

thank you riz7khan12. The groups have been made keeping time difference and connection errors in mind. I have seen psymax, thandamilk and kellewwwfc online around the same time just hope jaynffc can be part of the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread