2008 Under-19 World Cup

I don't remember his name but last time around there was this Pakistani right arm fast bowler who was running through India's batting line-up in the final. He was swinging it a mile; I was really impressed with him. Anybody know what his name is and how he's been doing in domestic cricket?

Anwar Ali. He plays Domestic cricket for Karachi. He's currently playing in the Pentangular Cup.

And why is that so ?
In the recent past,Aussie U-19's ahvent been much of a force to reckon with.I wonder how these guys will cope up in the international arena.
One might argue that the international side is mad eup of 30+ players,but it sure will be a problem when they all go.
As I said earlier, Australian u-19 representation is scarcely the glory it can be made out to be. The most experienced u-19 in the current senior team is James Hopes; hardly the best player in the side. Six of them do count some odd performances for the u-19s that maybe showed a flash of ability, but not anything that could really count as winning a u-19 world cup and quite rightly, not one of them got picked for their senior international side on the back of it. State teams rarely pick anyone younger than 21, so again, it's not even a pathway into domestic cricket. Players still have to prevail in grade cricket.

You do wonder how long before Australia stop pushing the age gap with the string of retirements in their national side.

It's fast turning into a team with no spinner of note (Hogg retirement), and not much in terms of batting by the time Ponting, Hayden and Hussey retires.

India doing it again with the ball as they have the Kiwis at 160/6 with 5 overs to go after the latter won the toss and batted. They were 139/6, though, so it's been a minor recovery. Hoping India's batting holds together and they set up a final clash with Pakistan (assuming they win).

Horrible captaining as pointed out by the commentators how can you go for just over 2 and over and not be bowled again... Class by Anderson real big hitting!

Well Indian are in a trouble.132 required in 24 overs.Equation is still balanced.But i am very impressed by NZ bowlers.Although they are not use to take so many wickets but they restrict india well.
V Kohli there hope he'll get his side home..

EDIT:59 from 15.5 overs..I think India reaching to the final steadily..
Well play V Kohli..I know i am gonna see you soon playing for Team India.

Last edited:
WTH the match is on. Thankx Vaiby for update.

46 runs required from 13 overs..
V kohli--40 runs(43 balls)
S Tiwary-15 runs(18 balls)

Oh my god..
Well V Kohil gone..43 from 53 balls...Still very doubtful catch..
37 Runs required from 60 balls..6 wickets remaining..

In fact replay also shows Catch is doubtful..

Dont say that. Theres always guys lurking around who will push you for these remarks.

23 from 42 balls..6 wickets remaining..

Well Boult is pick of the bowlers..he is not getting much swing there but he is very consistent with his middle and off line. Hes state 8 overs 29 runs..

EDIT:Sid 17 from 30 balls..same 6 wickets remaining..
We are in Finals..

Last edited:
Im watching match now. Enjoying TSky. Lol I worked in same department with TSky and yet got it after leaving job.

Oh no..I have to go.I can't watch last of few overs..My chief came in LAB.I hate him..Ok bye Sid.see you later..if he gets know i am doing all this on Lab computer then he'll throw me out...lol..C u..

Users who are viewing this thread