BzH661UCYAEl772.jpg:large

BzKEPaiCEAAjOuy.jpg:large

BzKlnbbCQAAGmcb.jpg:large

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Well it is going in archives anyways so why not make it a memorable one.

I have to disagree here, I would take the right one over the left one anyday (personal choice maybe). I know that the right one is Aniruddha's wife and it is pretty obvious that she is there for money. That guy looks like a monkey.

What's your definition of looks? Aniruddha is a pretty decent looking fellow. Comparing him with his CSK mates (while he was with CSK), he looks better than MSD, Jadeja, Ashwin, Bravo, Badrinath. Raina is more good looking than Anirudha though, but apart from that, Anirudha is a good looking fellow than most of his CSK mates.

Not trying to pull the color/race card here, but if you come down to Chennai and say Anirudha is not good looking, not many people would agree. He has a childish/playful personality, but that should not be misconstrued for looks.[DOUBLEPOST=1412525473][/DOUBLEPOST]
CSK players back to fun after winning CLT20 2014... [HASHTAG]#whistlepodu[/HASHTAG]

Epic-ness! Really using the Rajni'isms very well.

Even though everyone tried the Rajni lines, Ashwin (our Chennai boy) came out the best with that trademark Rajni laugh and that line "Singam single ah dhaan varum" (the lion in the forest always comes alone)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Given that MSD was in all likelihood doing Deepika Padukone at some point, its a step down for him to be honest.

Those were all plainly rumors. Deepika was a budding starlet at that time and she tried to get herself maximum exposure by being alongside guys like Dhoni and Yuvraj. The Dhoni-Deepika and the Yuvraj-Deepika thing was all just rumors floated around at that time seeing Deepika near these guys (probably created by Deepika's PR team themselves).

The really true affairs that she had was with Ranbir Kapoor (obviously; they themselves accept it) and then Siddarth Mallya.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
What's your definition of looks? Aniruddha is a pretty decent looking fellow. Comparing him with his CSK mates (while he was with CSK), he looks better than MSD, Jadeja, Ashwin, Bravo, Badrinath. Raina is more good looking than Anirudha though, but apart from that, Anirudha is a good looking fellow than most of his CSK mates.

Not trying to pull the color/race card here, but if you come down to Chennai and say Anirudha is not good looking, not many people would agree. He has a childish/playful personality, but that should not be misconstrued for looks.[DOUBLEPOST=1412525473][/DOUBLEPOST]

It is really getting awkward when we are trying to discuss how good looking a men is. I disagree with everything that you have said. I haven't compared him with any other CSK players, I have just said that in general. I don't know what people in Chennai thinks about him but I definitely don't think he is good looking.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
CSK players back to fun after winning CLT20 2014... [HASHTAG]#whistlepodu[/HASHTAG]

They also did 2 other challenges earlier.
It is really getting awkward when we are trying to discuss how good looking a men is. I disagree with everything that you have said. I haven't compared him with any other CSK players, I have just said that in general. I don't know what people in Chennai thinks about him but I definitely don't think he is good looking.
That awkward moment when you question your sexuality? :p

Last edited:

lion100lion

International Coach
A couple of Interviews I forgot to post :-

RAINA - BEST T20 PLAYER IN THE WORLD: MCCULLUM

30343.jpg

The trophy drought is finally over. How much of this victory is a relief for the side?

(Smiles) It is definitely a relief. We all sat down at the start of the Champions League and we were always hungry for some success in the tournament. We have always been consistent as a franchise and have been making it to a lot of finals. But a trophy has eluded us for a while. To get across the line in such a big event shows that we are still capable to clinch it at the business end.

There were a few ups and downs in the tournament. When did the side actually get a feeling that this trophy could well and truly be in our bag?

When we managed to screech to the semi-final, courtesy another team’s result, we were incredibly determined to make sure that we use that opportunity that we got. We scraped our way through the semi-final against Kings XI Punjab; a team that was ahead of us the entire year.

And then to come up out against a team that has won 14 games in a row was no easy feat. It is a bit of relief but also there is immense amount of satisfaction that we were able to step up and achieve some silverware for the people who have supported us throughout.

What has been the highlight of the team’s success in the tournament?

We have seen a lot of young guys standing up to the occasion and realizing their responsibility to perform. Young guys like Pawan Negi, and experienced guys like Suresh Raina stood up on the big stage tonight which is a great sign. Credit to the Kolkata Knight Riders; they have been tremendous champions of the IPL and had a fantastic run off late. They weren’t an easy team to beat, but we will certainly enjoy the success we have been able to achieve.

How was it watching Suresh Raina on song from the other end?

He seemed to be playing a different game, to be honest. He is the best T20 player in the world under these conditions. He just continues to do it time and again. His record is phenomenal and his ability to stand up in big games is huge as well. He is just so calm at the crease and he plays spin bowling exceptionally well. But I think the way he plays pace bowling under these conditions as well is fantastic. I know he has worked incredibly hard with the coaching staff and some of the senior players. It is nice to see a guy put in that amount of work and get some rewards for it.

There was a lot of talk about young Kuldeep Yadav playing a big role in this match. But it almost looked as if Raina knew where he was going to bowl at him.

Exactly. I thought Kuldeep Yadav bowled really well. But Raina just kept stepping out to hit him straight back over his head. Nothing against the youngster, but he was bowling against the best in the world on his day. Kuldeep is an exciting talent for sure and anyone who’s got that sort of variation and consistency will land a big future in this format of the game.

A 30-ball 39 for you. It almost looked like you played perfect second fiddle to Raina.

I don’t think I hit one ball in the middle (laughs). I wasn’t picking the chinaman, so I thought I would just try and sweep him and keep ticking the score over. With the way Raina was playing at the other end it was just a matter of trying to be efficient at the other end. My idea was to not slow things down too much. It wasn’t my most fluent innings but anytime you make some sort of contribution to a winning performance it is always satisfying.

The team seems to have a long night ahead. A happy end to the Champions League T20 tournament journey though.

Absolutely! Some guys are going home because we have different series in different parts. I know for a fact that the change room is going to be a happy place through the next hour or two anyway.

Last edited:

lion100lion

International Coach

RAINA’S KNOCK IS THE BEST I HAVE SEEN: DU PLESSIS

30344.jpg

The CSK juggernaut is back on the winning track!

Yes, it’s been amazing. When we got together at the start of this tournament we said we have to get over the line. We have been a very consistent side over the last seven years but now we have reached a stage where consistency doesn’t mean much to us. We want to win trophies. We have been in the semis and the finals in the last three years but haven’t won a trophy. So, we were really driven to end that dry spell. We were really motivated.

The semi-final we played (against Kings XI Punjab) was a very good game of cricket and we were at the top of our game. Once again tonight, to chase 180 in the final in that way is an amazing effort.

A word on Suresh Raina’s knock.

Oh, cometh the hour, cometh the man – Suresh. It’s probably the best T20 knock I have seen in my career. He has played some fantastic knocks, but to bat like that in a final is phenomenal. He is a big-match player and he has delivered for us time and again.

Do you think luck played its part as well? You had to depend on other teams to make the semis and everything fell into place?

I think we played really good cricket in the league stage. We were unfortunate to have that washed out game against Lahore Lions. We thought had we played them, we were in a good space to beat them. So, we felt very unlucky to have not played that game. Having a good net run-rate helped us. With the kind of cricket we were playing, we were expecting to finish at the top once we were in the semis.

How has the journey with CSK been for you, for your growth as a cricketer?

It has been a learning curve for me. I generally bat in top three. But for CSK over the last year I have played the role of a No. 4 batsman, with Brendon (McCullum) and Dwayne Smith at the top as destructive hitters. I have learned a lot about my game, playing that role especially playing the spinners. Most of the time when I come in it’s the spinners bowling. That has improved my game against the spinners, which will be very helpful for me at the international level. My game is improving because I am batting at different positions.

With this batting lineup, is it almost as if you are confident of chasing down any total?

Yes, we said that. With this lineup, we can chase down any total. We have MS (Dhoni) batting at 7 and even Jaddu (Ravindra Jadeja) at No. 8 has won us games with the bat. A good start is important for us and we have people who can build on it.

Are CSK more comfortable chasing?

I think it varies with the ground. In the previous game we wanted to bat first and put some runs on the board. Today, we decided to bat second because we didn’t think the wicket would spin – although it did spin a little – and we knew there will be dew. Having said that, even if we had batted first we would have posted a very good score with our batting lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread