• Northern Knights

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Southern Express

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grkrama

National Board President
that ball to raina turned quite big seems good still too early to judge.

with MS in he will do his best to take it to last over:D

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Sureah Raina is the Mr. consistent for CSK.He has been the vital part of the team since the past two seasons.Didnt take much time to settle and never let the RR fall in.
Surprised to see Negi end up with those figures.As far as I saw him bowl so far,I expected another thrashing.

So, we win one after 3 years.More to come!

PokerAce

Banned
I think the auctions are again before the next year, if I am not mistaken. The teams can select three to retain, rest all go into the acution pool again. I think that CSK will ahve a tough time deciding which three to retain.MSD, Raine and Jadeja most likely.

lion100lion

International Coach
I think the auctions are again before the next year, if I am not mistaken. The teams can select three to retain, rest all go into the acution pool again. I think that CSK will ahve a tough time deciding which three to retain.MSD, Raine and Jadeja most likely.
Proof ?

PokerAce

Banned

Umm, proof. I don't know, but it happens every three years doesn't it? That all players are thrown back into the auction pool and teams can retain at most three players. IPL start in 2008, and 2011 or 2012 was the last re-auction, and I am guessing it will be again before next year's IPL

EDIT - I think I may have been wrong a bit. I did some searching and it seems that 2014 were the auctions in question, I was talking about. Teams could retain upto 5 players and everyone went back into the pool. Makes sense that way. 2008, 2009, 2010 (3 years, Retain three, then mass auction). 2011, 2012, 2013 (3 years, retain upto 5, then mass auction). So 2014 IPL was the one with the new squads.

This is a list of who retained who.

IPL-7 Auction: Who retained who and has how much left to spend - IBNLive

Last edited:

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Umm, proof. I don't know, but it happens every three years doesn't it? That all players are thrown back into the auction pool and teams can retain at most three players. IPL start in 2008, and 2011 or 2012 was the last re-auction, and I am guessing it will be again before next year's IPL
We just had one of those "clean out" auctions before this year's IPL, so this squad will carry us through 2016 before I'm guessing they do it again before the 2017 IPL season, there's auctions every year but not the ones where everyone's thrown in, I tweaking despise that shit lol.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The auctions just happened recently before this year's IPL. They wont happen until after next year's IPL/CLT20. CSK and the rest of the teams are good for another year.

Great scenes for CSK! Took me back to those days when CSK kept winning titles on the trot. Consistency personified. The respect that the team has acquired over the years for their game is tremendous

PokerAce

Banned
We just had one of those "clean out" auctions before this year's IPL, so this squad will carry us through 2016 before I'm guessing they do it again before the 2017 IPL season, there's auctions every year but not the ones where everyone's thrown in, I tweaking despise that shit lol.
The auctions just happened recently before this year's IPL. They wont happen until after next year's IPL/CLT20. CSK and the rest of the teams are good for another year.

Yeah edited and corrected.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
In all this, Gambhir's terrible sportsman spirit has been forgotten. In his post-match interview, he talked everything about his own team, how they have character, blah blah blah.... But he did not make even a single mention about the opposition and how they deserved to win the match for playing better than his own side. He need not say that CSK was better than KKR, etc. But atleast make some mention saying that credit to them for the way they played. He just sounded so heavily like a "sore loser".

grkrama

National Board President
kind of makes it a sweet victory to get one over karbho lorbho gambhir :p

the question is would narine have made a difference?
i personally think with the form raina was in he would have taken on narine as well though may be a bit more economically than others.

Users who are viewing this thread