• Northern Knights

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Southern Express

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Well done CSK! Wouldn't call this a revenge (because we lost thrice in a row vs KXIP in the IPL), but this does feel really good.

Time to now take on the current IPL champions! And that too without Narine. I think CSK wouldn't mind even if Narine was part of the final. We haven't struggled vs Narine too badly.
Well I'm of the believe that this is a tougher tournament to win just because of how short it is and ofc, the involvement of foreign teams, so even though there might not be as many eyes on it as the IPL, I rate it as a bigger trophy and I will happily take 3 losses in the IPL vs KXIP if it meant we win this game everyday of the week.

lion100lion

International Coach
According to me kolkotta night riders will win y because they are in good form and they have a very good commitment
Kolkata have lost their best bowler, Sunil Narine... I think this will have a big impact on the final game. Though on other hand, I want the final to be a nail biting match !!! (with CSK winning :p)

lion100lion

International Coach
INTERVIEW :- FAF AND DONNING DIFFERENT HATS

@
Faf du Plessis

Francois-Du-Plessis-Chennai-Super-Kings-IPL-2013-Player.jpg

It looks like the men in yellow are well and truly back to their dominant self.

We played a really good game of cricket tonight. There were two occasions where we were under pressure tonight with the bat. We were 41 for 3 and then 141 for 6, that too in a big game, that can always swing either way. We handled the pressure really well with the partnership between me and Dwayne Bravo; and in the end Jaddu (Ravindra Jadeja) got us to a very good score. It is always nice to bat first and put a lot of runs. Then when you get a couple of quick wickets early on you do feel the pressure batting second.

Three down for 41 in six overs would have definitely set a few alarm bells ringing. Isn’t it?

We wanted to get a partnership and it was important to knock the ball around for two or three overs. We had to make sure we gave ourselves an opportunity to get that partnership going. I thought we did really well to hit the gaps in the field, not necessarily taking the guys in the fence on. It was about taking calculated risks. That is something which lacked in the Kings XI Punjab innings.

They kept trying to hit boundaries. With the wicket being a little two paced, you needed a little more batsmanship than power.

You have played at different batting positions with different partners. Does it get tough to modify your game over a period of time?

Not really. I think all of our batsmen from batting positions 5, 6 & 7 play a similar role where they all come in and look to be aggressive. With Dwayne Smith, Brendon McCullum and Suresh Raina at the top it is all power and all guns blazing. It was important for someone to strike a balance between all that firepower. I am used to opening the batting in T20 cricket and tonight I got an opportunity to go in the fifth over and counter-attack and play a bit aggressively. When the field went back, I saw myself looking into my role back at number four. It was then about hitting the spaces and running well between the wickets. When I bat in the first six overs, generally my game plan is to be a bit aggressive like the other guys. If I had walked out to bat in the seventh over I would have probably taken my time a little more. I saw an opportunity to counter-attack and tried to be aggressive in the initial part of my innings.

Personally, what kind of a batting space are you in?

I have only played two games and I have been injured for the rest. I have been sitting through some games in the tournament - though I have been in good form - because of injury. I have been hitting the ball really well. The last two months have been great for me and I have been in great form coming from the Zimbabwean series. It is important that when you are in good form you get some good runs for the team.

Batting aside, you have been equally good with your fielding as well.

We are very driven to win this tournament. Chennai Super Kings have always been consistent but we want to win trophies. It really means a lot for us and we especially want to win this one because it’s been quite some time since we last won a trophy. We are done with one step but we have another big game coming up against KKR who are a very good team. We are very pumped up. We don’t want to get to another final and lose. We want to get the silverware.

lion100lion

International Coach

lion100lion

International Coach
Match Info
Match:
Kolkata vs Chennai, Final , World T20 League 2014
Date: Sat, Oct 04, 2014
Start Time: 1:30 PM GMT
Venue: M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru

BzFajt9IMAA-UCc.jpg:large

Preview:

You wait all year for such a big game - The final of a mega tournament. And then... BOOM! The best bowler in T20s gets called for chucking and will miss one of the most important matches of his T20 career and his team's history. Kolkata' Sunil Narine will miss out on playing in the World T20 League 2014 final against Chennai as the West Indian mystery spinner was banned from bowling after authorities found his action suspect for the 2nd time in as many matches.

The indomitable CHN, on the other hand, will have the advantage of familiarity with the conditions but the unbeaten Indian T20 League Champions would still be a tough nut to crack when they clash in the final at the Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore.

Teams:

Chennai
(From): Dwayne Smith, Brendon McCullum, Suresh Raina, Faf du Plessis, Dwayne Bravo, Pawan Negi, MS Dhoni(c & w), Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ashish Nehra, Mohit Sharma, Mithun Manhas, Ishwar Pandey, John Hastings, Samuel Badree

Kolkata (From): Robin Uthappa(w), Gautam Gambhir(c), Jacques Kallis, Manish Pandey, Yusuf Pathan, Ryan ten Doeschate, Suryakumar Yadav, Andre Russell, Piyush Chawla, Kuldeep Yadav, Pat Cummins, Vinay Kumar, Umesh Yadav, Sunil Narine, Manvinder Bisla

@cricbuzz

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If CSK can keep KKR to 180 or below, the game would be even stevens. KKR are right now on 157 with 2.2 overs to go. Very likely for them to target 190+

Negi has been getting huge turn today, and has always looked like getting wickets. Well done to him today! As I say it, what a fantastic way to get a wicket off a wide!! Beat him completely to the point where it was humiliating for the batsman. Negi with 4 wkts.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Negi said pretty much the same line three times in a row as answer for the first three questions asked to him in the post-innings interview, "is pitch mein ball ghum raha tha, to halka chodne ki khoshish kar raha tha" (the ball was turning on this pitch, so tried to bowl it slower) :D

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Nehra I feel completely undid Negi's good work, Dhoni should've gone for Bravo for the final over instead, I know his 2nd over was expensive too but Nehra's 3rd over went for 20 runs and he had no control whatsoever, 39 runs in his last 2 overs... that said I am happy with this total, with the start Uthappa and Gambhir gave KKR and the ground being the Chinnaswamy, I thought for sure we were looking at 200+, and there's dew out and about clearly shown up by Nehra's struggle to grip the ball in the end.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
KKR can still come back in this game if they pick a few wickets here. CSK still need 91 off 10 overs and a couple of wickets can change things big time here.

Users who are viewing this thread