2021 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - India (UAE/Oman)

I'm saying Sri Lanka will upset England. Just cause we want to keep things interesting.

---

Looking at some stats. India have scored 76 runs in 16 overs v Spin in this tournament.

England scored 52 in 6.4 overs v Australia.

I'm saying Sri Lanka will upset England. Just cause we want to keep things interesting.

---

Looking at some stats. India have scored 76 runs in 16 overs v Spin in this tournament.

England scored 52 in 6.4 overs v Australia.
The Buttler effect

Would be interesting to see both England and Pakistan batting first in their remaining matches.

And Roy and Jonny B.

It was 8 overs 68 for 1 v Bangladesh.
That was at Abu Dhabi. The surface at Abu Dhabi is a little easier to bat on. I've noticed it way back in 2018 Asia Cup. And no wonder why average score at Abu Dhabi is better as compared to Dubai.

Thank goodness we have easy games left. But if we have to bat first in the semis or final, i feel it’ll be a nightmare.

Would be interesting to see both England and Pakistan batting first in their remaining matches.

I think Pakistan should definitely Bat first in both games to get the practice of defending totals as well. Also, they can have a chance to play freely and pile up some runs.
Post automatically merged:

Thank goodness we have easy games left. But if we have to bat first in the semis or final, i feel it’ll be a nightmare.

Relax Mate, Pakistan is still unpredictable, we can do anything on a given day ;)

England are tottering against Sri Lanka here!! And the reason? They're batting first. If a game is played between two "half a decent" sides, batting second is the only way you can win a game this tournament. The games won by teams batting first have ALL been against minnows (Scotland and Namibia). Had India won the toss and chased in both their first two games, India would've been up 2-0 right now and all the cries happening right now in social media would've not happened. I do know it does not explain India's eventual score of 110 yesterday and their approach, but its true that this tournament is one big LOTTERY!!

England are tottering against Sri Lanka here!! And the reason? They're batting first. If a game is played between two "half a decent" sides, batting second is the only way you can win a game this tournament. The games won by teams batting first have ALL been against minnows (Scotland and Namibia). Had India won the toss and chased in both their first two games, India would've been up 2-0 right now and all the cries happening right now in social media would've not happened. I do know it does not explain India's eventual score of 110 yesterday and their approach, but its true that this tournament is one big LOTTERY!!
Shaheen's bowling didn’t have much to do with the conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread