2022 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - Australia

Thankfully this is the last time we'll see these stupid post-qualifiers qualifiers

What on earth does this even mean? Can’t understand what’s being conveyed here even after reading it thrice and I thought that tweet video was bad.
Post automatically merged:

It was Tamil. I do love how frequently DK resorts to using Tamil whenever he can. Even if I didn’t understand Hindi/Urdu though I could understand what was being conveyed in the video. :D
The video was more about mocking mainstream Indian journalism using some Internet meme materials across the movies and Showbuzz.

The Hardik Pandya controversy of Koffee with Karan in 2018, Virat Kohli Outside the off stump issue, Bangladesh nagin dance were all highlighted in a very hilarious way.

Even Pakistan's Boys played well by Dahani was referenced.

Overall that was a nice little gem by Danish Sait.

Should the other Indian players, who believe in upholding cricket's laws and who are playing to win for their team, get up and protest against their captain?

This is ridiculous! The rule has been been added to the laws from October 1st onwards. How can you gesture that you will not support something that's a legitimate law now? If I was a player in the team under Rohit, I would create a ruckus against him on this. He has no right to call opposition players back while I slog my way to win games for the team under the laws. I hope Ashwin has something strong to say on this within the team.

Should the other Indian players, who believe in upholding cricket's laws and who are playing to win for their team, get up and protest against their captain?

This is ridiculous! The rule has been been added to the laws from October 1st onwards. How can you gesture that you will not support something that's a legitimate law now? If I was a player in the team under Rohit, I would create a ruckus against him on this. He has no right to call opposition players back while I slog my way to win games for the team under the laws. I hope Ashwin has something strong to say on this within the team.
Interesting, gotta respect Rohit for thinking independantly and having the bravery to let his thoughts be known. The mankad will always be a contentious issue but its now part of the rules as you alluded to. I dont see much players enforcing it rigorously though, those that do would initially warn the non striker a couple times before striking the stumps.

As for the bowling team its a coward way to get ahead, that being said Rohit may do the opposite to what he is saying now cuz most of those guys in his team and the Indian fans want the them to win by any means necessary even if it means shedding yourself of all morals!

Absolutely zero chances of the game being moved because

• The stadium is currently used for AFL if I’m right and there’s no way they can get it ready for a high profile cricket match in time after those games.

• The Docklands is also not the MCG. It’s capacity is not anywhere near what the MCG offers and how do you compensate those who have bought tickets already but may not fit into the Docklands?

Absolutely zero chances of the game being moved because

• The stadium is currently used for AFL if I’m right and there’s no way they can get it ready for a high profile cricket match in time after those games.

• The Docklands is also not the MCG. It’s capacity is not anywhere near what the MCG offers and how do you compensate those who have bought tickets already but may not fit into the Docklands?
Even putting aside those issues, it's unfair on other teams if they just moved one match or just those matches taking place nearby the stadium with a roof.

Reserve days would be the best option but I imagine there's some financial or logistical reason that'd be difficult.

I do think it is funny that neither the ICC nor CA had the foresight to have a game or two at the Docklands or even utilise it as a reserve venue for washed out games.

I think rain will play a far bigger role in this tournament than it did in the 2017 CT when Bangladesh advanced ahead of Australia to the semis controversially. It became a major talking point back then. Imagine India or Pakistan missing out on the semis now because of missing a point from the washed out game of theirs for instance. Pakistan do have an interesting advantage here as both of their games against the newly qualified sides will be at Perth Stadium which isn’t affected by La Nina. Win those two games and they’ll be in a massive position to take advantage of any weather shenanigans.

Even putting aside those issues, it's unfair on other teams if they just moved one match or just those matches taking place nearby the stadium with a roof.

Reserve days would be the best option but I imagine there's some financial or logistical reason that'd be difficult.

I don’t buy the difficulties reason in this day and age for a format that is as flexible as T20. It’s just the same stubborn rules and traditions cricket sticks to like having a compulsory 30 minute interval to resume matches for rain breaks, going for lunch or tea when the game is almost nearly won with a couple of overs yet to happen and myriad other stories that I forget now.

Users who are viewing this thread