2022 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - Australia

WTF is Zimbabwe trying to do here?

Suicidal Batting & Running!

They should have shut up shop like classic CSK under Dhoni and looked to save themselves the NRR they’ve got. With the next game against Scotland where they’ll be favourites they would stand a very decent chance if they did so.
Post automatically merged:

Having said that it is not like they still can’t win outright from here. Jongwe and Burl can still smoke a few boundaries if they stay in. No batting left after this though.

@Bevab that's pretty much what you said. We criticize test playing nations players for choosing franchise over Country but won't bat an eye if Scotland, Netherlands, Ireland, etc prefer English County over their Country
Look at it this way- they don't get adequate opportunities as a country to go out and play. I don't remember any cricketer choosing franchisee /county over Associate Nation. Ryan ten Doeschate did for a while for Essex,but then these guys are playing proper competitive cricket- First Class, List A etc as opposed to plain T20

Very much in the balance this game is. West Indies possibly have the slight edge now.
Zimbabwe have messed it up. The mannerism of their collapse opens the doors for all in the final game. Basically we are looking at 2 knock-out games on the final day now

So if Namibia and SL win against UAE and Netherlands, they'll go through. SL need a big win to go top, along with Namibia winning by a small margin.
The other group is a free-for-all, everyone on 2 points.
Chances of both SL and WI ending up in Group 2 are now slim, since Scotland and Zimbabwe have a better NRR than WI, and they both play each other, so one of them will keep their NRR advantage over WI and likely end up in first place.

I would be very happy to see the WI out. Honestly,they need to be stripped of Full Member status as they aren't even playing as a team. It's a disgrace to what cricketing powers they used to be.

When your players prefer franchisee over country, this is bound to happen
I’ve been alluding this to years now, and its not only a player issue but an administration one as well with Cricket West Indies.

Look at it this way- they don't get adequate opportunities as a country to go out and play. I don't remember any cricketer choosing franchisee /county over Associate Nation. Ryan ten Doeschate did for a while for Essex,but then these guys are playing proper competitive cricket- First Class, List A etc as opposed to plain T20

Zimbabwe have messed it up. The mannerism of their collapse opens the doors for all in the final game. Basically we are looking at 2 knock-out games on the final day now

Most of the county players for Netherlands did not participate in recent international series. I don't remember the last time Tom Cooper or Logan van Beek played for Netherlands on a consistent basis either, the number of matches they've played is almost similar to the other younger blokes in the team despite them being far older.

I don't understand the elitism with FC vs T20 either. If FC cricket paid as much as a T20 franchise would, you'd bet that most of these freelancers would be working hard to be good options there rather than T20s. I'm not even going to include List A cricket here when it is treated like dirt by everyone in the cricket world.

In any case who would West Indies include that is missing right now? Russell? He'd be the only one but he's as likely to miss games owing to his fitness. I suppose they'll still include him because he is so good that it is still worth having him for a few games at half fitness. Narine? He'd be called out for chucking instantly in any international fixture which is why he doesn't put his name up for selection. Hetmyer has been dross recently for West Indies as pointed out and he's the one that has been refusing olive branches handed out to him by the West Indies board.

Another victim of the sport of golf.

Time to sneak in Cam Green.

Damn bruh! I can see you’re frustrated by my post. Take a couple deep breaths before reading post. I was just stating the obvious and honestly from a personal perspective I wouldve rather the Ind/Pak game had a reserve day, as it remains for me the pinnacle of cricket as a fan/ anti-Indian poster to witness this match up….yup like the Indian fans I too feel entitled.

With good reason too, MCG has a capacity of what close to 100k? I’m sure those tickets sold out in a couple days. Many of us gonna be upset if the match gets rained out. The consolation for the Indian fans though is that they wont suffer another loss at the hands of Pakistan.

I’ll tone down my posting a bit and wow I’m not even nearing prime Satan666 posting as yet! I love you man, youre one of the few posters that stand up for your country and your beliefs, I truly respect that and appreciate it!

It's rather the same inane drivel and the bland agenda that you seek to push with every post along with the obvious troll-baiting that gets tiring. We all get it, you dislike the Indian side, it's fanbase, Tendulkar, Rohit, Bumrah and love to play contrarian in the guise of toxicity to seek attention that real life has clearly denied you.

At the least I wish your troll posts are constructive enough to cause discussion rather than shutting them down with the same points hammered again and again.

It's rather the same inane drivel and the bland agenda that you seek to push with every post along with the obvious troll-baiting that gets tiring. We all get it, you dislike the Indian side, it's fanbase, Tendulkar, Rohit, Bumrah and love to play contrarian in the guise of toxicity to seek attention that real life has clearly denied you.

At the least I wish your troll posts are constructive enough to cause discussion rather than shutting them down with the same points hammered again and again.
Wow very low, even by you. Thankfully I am in a better place mentally that I can have a slight chuckle, read it and move on.

I think they will go with Ben McDermott (like-for-like replacement to Inglis)

All I hear is McDermott music!

Logically speaking McDermott should be the one in but they might bow down to media pressure and bring in Cam Green. Especially if they again believe that Davey is a reserve keeper like in the 2019 WC.

Users who are viewing this thread