2022 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - Australia

Ironic coming from a Indian (Arshdeep Khalistani, Shami Muslim & the whole shit show last year) let's not act like Indian Twitter Users are better & yes it wasn't a no ball (if it had happened to India or any another team) their fanbase would be rightfully pissed too.

Never trust the weather forecast in Australia.
Looks like Cerealkiller tagged you in.
Haven't even checked r/cricket out, pretty sure that place must be a goldmine now. Or perhaps a nuclear wasteland.
Post automatically merged:

I suppose that is what separates a Kohli from someone else like a Rahul. The true all-time greats can elevate their game at the time of need and look like they're in a completely different zone whilst doing so.
Yeah definitely it separates a talented batter like Kohli and statpadder like Dhoni.

What a great game we had at the MCG. Both teams fought really hard. Pakistan had the upper hand but Virat took the victory from the jaws I'd say. Unarguably on of the best batsmen of all time. Pandya and Virat played risk-free cricket and outplayed Pakistan after those first 4 quick wickets.

From Pakistan's standpoint, It was disappointing to see Babar getting out this way on such a big stage. He needs to learn still to perform on big stages. Shaheen is definitely not 100% there. He looked rusty and his pace was down. I would like to say that his career is more important than the World T20.

Nevertheless, no excuses, we should gracefully accept the results, it's hurting indeed a nail-biter but India deserved the victory due to the sheer brilliance of Virat. What a match-winner. Lots of respect for this Cricketer. He is indeed better than Kane Williamson and Steve Smith.

Positives for Pakistan, Naseem Shah is on the Rise. Iftikhar and Shan Masood finally proving their selection. Pakistan still have a lot of problems with their batting but that's for another time to discuss.

Guys, i would like to apologise for my rant earlier. Even if i absolutely believe in what i said, this is clearly not the right place to say it.
This forum has been my refuge in the darkest days of my life, almost every person from India here, some of whom i consider friends, has always been reasonable and considerate, and stuck to cricket, and that's what i should do too.
I have been open about my struggles with mental health, and days like these make it extra hard, when you're as obsessed with cricket as i am, and today i let my emotions overrun me. For that i apologise to all my friends here.

Honestly speaking - if India and Pakistan engaged in a bilateral T20 or ODI series right now, Pakistan would actually be the favorites in such a series, due to the kind of well rounded bowling that they have and their well improved batting. What India have an advantage of is - their record in ICC events. Somehow India tend to pull off beyond their weight in these contests and hold their nerves ever so slightly better to win them.

It needed a mighty special innings from Virat Kohli to take us to the target. Pakistan fans should take a lot of positives from the result. Obviously the rivalry is soaked deeply in religious/political/geographical spheres that neither side wants to lose to the other. But I wish most can look past it (atleast here in this forum) and appreciate what a damn good game that was!!

On the no-ball, I do think it was a close call and a 50-50 decision that India got the favor of. In the same over, DK also got a high full toss but since he danced down the wicket, it was a lot more evident to the umpires and so DK didnt get the no-ball call. But with Kohli, his movement around the crease wasnt as exaggerated as DK and so Kohli was able to get a successful no-ball call (he gestured to the umpires on both times). And on the free-hit being given 3 runs to India, its a valid method as the ball is still in play. Only when a fielder breaks the stumps does the ball 'stop' being in play. So India getting those 3 runs was valid. Its all mighty close on the margins and one side got the wrong end of it. Lets move past it! There is still 4 games to play for both these teams and all the chances for both of them to qualify for the semifinals.

Good match! Finally something worthy of an India-Pak game,perhaps the first I've seen since CWC2003. The ones thereafter were grossly one-sided. I also have to side with @SaiSrini on Pak being favourites in a bilateral if it were to happen now.

Not going to delve much into the no-ball controversy here. To me, seemed like a close call. The only outcome from this being that both Virat and Babar would get fined for their gestures.

Now-the criticism!

It was Pakistan's game to lose after they had India on the mat at 30/4 or so. Babar's captaincy deserves some introspection -he seemed hell bent upon following a template. It was as if the dressing room had pre-decided the bowling order and he wasn't willing to make changes to it. The ideal scenario would have been to have Shaheen bowl the last over. Pakistani batting came good at last, but the real question is can they sustain without Rizwan and Babar firing? I think not.

India- we aren't the favourites for the Cup. The batting is in doldrums. If not for Virat we would have been bundled out for less than 100. Rahul needs to score- hope he understands that form in warmups doesn't count.

Sending in Axar was baffling. The game situation demanded solidity and not pinch hitting at the moment. Critics may point to left-right combo,but that to me is immaterial in T20. These decisions have made me believe Dravid isn't the right man for the T20 format. We need someone like Bayliss or so.

India may keep getting saved due to such cameos, but the reality is we would crumble in semis again. My guess, we will lose to NZ as usual.

Good match! Finally something worthy of an India-Pak game,perhaps the first I've seen since CWC2003. The ones thereafter were grossly one-sided. I also have to side with @SaiSrini on Pak being favourites in a bilateral if it were to happen now.

Not going to delve much into the no-ball controversy here. To me, seemed like a close call. The only outcome from this being that both Virat and Babar would get fined for their gestures.

Now-the criticism!

It was Pakistan's game to lose after they had India on the mat at 30/4 or so. Babar's captaincy deserves some introspection -he seemed hell bent upon following a template. It was as if the dressing room had pre-decided the bowling order and he wasn't willing to make changes to it. The ideal scenario would have been to have Shaheen bowl the last over. Pakistani batting came good at last, but the real question is can they sustain without Rizwan and Babar firing? I think not.

India- we aren't the favourites for the Cup. The batting is in doldrums. If not for Virat we would have been bundled out for less than 100. Rahul needs to score- hope he understands that form in warmups doesn't count.

Sending in Axar was baffling. The game situation demanded solidity and not pinch hitting at the moment. Critics may point to left-right combo,but that to me is immaterial in T20. These decisions have made me believe Dravid isn't the right man for the T20 format. We need someone like Bayliss or so.

India may keep getting saved due to such cameos, but the reality is we would crumble in semis again. My guess, we will lose to NZ as usual.
Axar coming in at 5 was sound strategy. He averages 102 and strikes at 157 vs slow left arm. So, it would have meant Pakistan bowling Nawaz to him or them having to change their plan.

My guess, we will lose to NZ as usual.
Are you certain we'll go past first round? Do you think individual brilliances will keep us getting W against South Africa at Perth? I won't even be surprised if Muzurabani ripped through our line up too on 6th...and Taskin too. :rolleyes

Stupid KLR and Vada Pao as opener will never click in this WC. And one day the middle order have to crumble.
Axar coming in at 5 was sound strategy.
May be. But with 25/3... consolidation should be a priority.. Axar is a big hitter..not a traditionalist.

Stupid KLR and Vada Pao as opener will never click in this WC. And one day the middle order have to crumble.

May be. But with 25/3... consolidation should be a priority.. Axar is a big hitter..not a traditionalist.
You've got Kohli to consolidate. Good chance to use the L/R combo, makes sense to do it when Pakistan are going to want to use Nawaz. Hardik and DK are there to finish things too.

Users who are viewing this thread