2022 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - Australia

Hey guys. Sorry I am a few days late but I watched India vs Pakistan match and have a few questions if someone can answer because I think the rules might have changed that I am unaware of.

1) In the last of the match, Nawaz bowled a full toss which was called as no ball (deemed as beamer over waist height) but I thought beamers were given no balls only if they were at pace and Nawaz being a spinner was bowling at slower than military medium pace though with the keeper back. Isn't spinner allowed to bowl such balls because they are slower or has the rule been there for all types of bowlers all along? I have seen Yuvraj Singh get away with such balls in early 2000s as a part time bowler.

2) Runs awarded after getting bowled which was followed by batsmen running thrice between the wickets on a free hit. Granted that it was a free hit, shouldn't the ball be deemed as dead ball or runs are allowed because 'bowled' doesn't come into effect on the free hit ball?

3) Dinesh Karthik's dismissal was showed clearly as stumped as he wasn't looking for a run. Now, Pakistan's WK Rizwan collected the ball and affected the 'stumping' from in front of the stumps. I was under the impression that a keeper cannot collect the ball from the front of the stumps. Even NZ commentator and former keeper himself Ian Smith called on commentary "now where did he take the ball here?". Has the rule changed or was it a goof up from the umpire or I was under the wrong notion all along?

Can anyone who is updated with the current laws of ICC please clear my doubts?

Hey guys. Sorry I am a few days late but I watched India vs Pakistan match and have a few questions if someone can answer because I think the rules might have changed that I am unaware of.

1) In the last of the match, Nawaz bowled a full toss which was called as no ball (deemed as beamer over waist height) but I thought beamers were given no balls only if they were at pace and Nawaz being a spinner was bowling at slower than military medium pace though with the keeper back. Isn't spinner allowed to bowl such balls because they are slower or has the rule been there for all types of bowlers all along? I have seen Yuvraj Singh get away with such balls in early 2000s as a part time bowler.

2) Runs awarded after getting bowled which was followed by batsmen running thrice between the wickets on a free hit. Granted that it was a free hit, shouldn't the ball be deemed as dead ball or runs are allowed because 'bowled' doesn't come into effect on the free hit ball?

3) Dinesh Karthik's dismissal was showed clearly as stumped as he wasn't looking for a run. Now, Pakistan's WK Rizwan collected the ball and affected the 'stumping' from in front of the stumps. I was under the impression that a keeper cannot collect the ball from the front of the stumps. Even NZ commentator and former keeper himself Ian Smith called on commentary "now where did he take the ball here?". Has the rule changed or was it a goof up from the umpire or I was under the wrong notion all along?

1) Any delivery, above waist height is deemed to be unfair, regardless of speed. It used to be that slower bowlers could get away with it up to the shoulder.
2) Batter can only be out run out on a free hit, so the ball isn't dead if it hits the stumps because he's not out. Similar happened just two days before in the WBBL.

Jeez just read the 25 page of analysis.
Trying to take the easy way by asking.

Simon Taufel's take on umpires on-field decision for taking that run in Ind vs Pak game. In other words, ICC indirectly responding to controversy.

That is obvious. It was byes. The glaring mistake is the no-ball.

That is obvious. It was byes. The glaring mistake is the no-ball.
Some people did have doubts on Kohli taking that runs since the ball hit the stumps hence should've been called a dead ball. Even players on the field were confused, few were even celebrating the wicket.

Some people did have doubts on Kohli taking that runs since the ball hit the stumps hence should've been called a dead ball. Even players on the field were confused, few were even celebrating the wicket.
In the heat of the moment, in front of 90k fans in such a crunch situation, because there was a wide between the so called no-ball and the 3 byes, they probably forgot about the free hit.

Cummins with a strong start here.

Whatever happens here, both Hasaranga and Theekshana are key here. The last over of Sri Lanka's innings might prove to be the difference in this game!

Users who are viewing this thread