2023 ICC Cricket World Cup (October/November) - India

Your 2023 Cricket World Cup Champions are?

• Australia

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • India

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh. That I agree is 'offensive' and I wouldn't support that!

But heckling happens everywhere. Our crowds have been criticized for racially mocking Andrew Symonds in the past. England/Australia racially target brown players from the subcontinent when they play in those countries. We live in an imperfect world.

I personally dont agree when a player gets riled up by a religious chant. C'mon - players have to develop thicker skins if they react like that!

The chant I mentioned was audible enough for me to pick out despite my limited Hindi in the second innings. I wonder if this was a part of the theatre that they’ll no doubt use for optics with the elections coming up next year.

Gotta say following this game with you guys has been a much more enjoyable experience than I could have imagined as always.

My criticism of r/cricket sometimes reaches comical levels as well known here but this may be the second time after the transphobic “discussion” thread that I’ve been quite disappointed by the sub. Some of the upvoted comments were extremely juvenile or downright provocative. None of that crap here though since that one bloke who called Afridi an all-rounder also stayed away.

To be honest, chanting of 'Jai Shri Ram's isn't problematic. If at all the Match were to be held in Mumbai r for that matter any other rgame in Mumbai would face the chants if "Jai Shivajai Jai Bhavani/ Ganpati Bappa Moryaa!"

If the match was In Karachi, we would have faced 'Jeeve Jeeve Pakistan's

Don't think there's anything political about it tbh.

Gotta say following this game with you guys has been a much more enjoyable experience than I could have imagined as always.

My criticism of r/cricket sometimes reaches comical levels as well known here but this may be the second time after the transphobic “discussion” thread that I’ve been quite disappointed by the sub. Some of the upvoted comments were extremely juvenile or downright provocative. None of that crap here though since that one bloke who called Afridi an all-rounder also stayed away.
You absolutely carry every discussion here, always like to see your takes on things

To be honest, chanting of 'Jai Shri Ram's isn't problematic. If at all the Match were to be held in Mumbai r for that matter any other rgame in Mumbai would face the chants if "Jai Shivajai Jai Bhavani/ Ganpati Bappa Moryaa!"

If the match was In Karachi, we would have faced 'Jeeve Jeeve Pakistan's

Don't think there's anything political about it tbh.
The chant isn’t the problem, yelling it at Pakistan players is the problem

Nothing, @WutUpMahGlipGlops bhai's obsession with being unable to ignore Twitter trolls :p
No no, I muted Faird for this match only to unmute him to see him cry now about cheating and all. No other twitter trolls keep showing up on my feed.

The chant isn’t the problem, yelling it at Pakistan players is the problem
Oh come on, what Rizwan does off the field or on the field is not forcing religion on anyone but tell me how is the slogan forcing religion?

Pakistan knew they were purposely put at Namo stadium so that there could be 100000 people yelling exactly the slogan with them being cornered with no fans or supporters.

Toughen up, its a different world we all live in. I am sure whenever India plays Pakistan next outside India, Pakistan fans will chant slogans, obviously not Allah Hu Akbar but will chant slogans.

Also at best Jai Shree Ram is just a mere bollywood song at best. Let them have a moment ad long as a player is not physically abused per se.

Great win, semi's spot almost sealed with games in hand against Holland and Lanka, but we have already played semis in last two WC's, it's all about not choking in semi finals now.

Oh come on, what Rizwan does off the field or on the field is not forcing religion on anyone but tell me how is the slogan forcing religion?

Pakistan knew they were purposely put at Namo stadium so that there could be 100000 people yelling exactly the slogan with them being cornered with no fans or supporters.

Toughen up, its a different world we all live in. I am sure whenever India plays Pakistan next outside India, Pakistan fans will chant slogans, obviously not Allah Hu Akbar but will chant slogans.

Also at best Jai Shree Ram is just a mere bollywood song at best. Let them have a moment ad long as a player is not physically abused per se.

Now I have no idea of what the actual chants towards the players were since I skipped the post match hoopla after a while but surely Rizwan’s tweets or his prayer on the ground are different to a bunch of blokes chanting at him directly (since that’s what @CerealKiller mentioned)? I don’t think he has a problem with the slogan part of it but his problem is with the yelling part of it which if worded correctly is supposed to be provocative.
Post automatically merged:

Great win, semi's spot almost sealed with games in hand against Holland and Lanka, but we have already played semis in last two WC's, it's all about not choking in semi finals now.

I want our side to secure the top spot again. That would be a real show of consistency.

Honestly, didn't watch the game because I wasn't feeling it. So can't comment on any of the chants or anything - but don't really care about it.

I think it was @LiveLoveABD (and @Bevab )who said that he rated Pakistan highly in this tournament (apologies if I am wrong) - but honestly, this is the kind of performance I expected against a full-power side, although definitely not as embarrassing as this.

Pakistan honestly is looking like a shell of a team before the tournament begins.

My review of the XI:

1. Abdullah Shafique - replacement so can't really judge him fairly
2. Imam-ul-Haq - stat padder on flat pitches. Put him in Pindi and he will get you a 100 (100), which is okay when you have Fakhar score properly alongside him
3. Babar Azam - seems out of touch at the moment, finding ways to get out. I believe captaincy is having a huge impact on his batting.
4. Rizwan - our best batsman and our best player
5. Saud Shakeel - talented but once again too early to judge - India clearly saw him sweeping a lot and planned around it.
6. Chacha - he has been a bit hit or miss. But Chacha is Chacha - he is a good player and older than the rest. Keep with him
7. Shadab Khan - I think Watson said on commentary during the SL game - since he tried to spin the ball more he has lost control of his length and line. Drop him immediately. No point in having a mediocre batsman for the sake of a bowler who will give a wicket for 60+ runs
8. M.Nawaz - not a wicket-taker really. More there to hold up one end and then your leggie gets a wicket, but Shadab has been horrendous. Average batsmen - will get you about 20 ish runs a game with the bat when there is a collapse
9. Hasan Ali - he has been good with the bowling for a last-minute replacement but his pace is 130! Quality sides like India will belt him around.
10. Shaheen Shah Afridi - the shadow of his former self since coming back from injury. Honestly, felt like his comeback was rushed and the teams have more of a plan. Feel a bit for him. Played with a sore finger in the last game
11. Rauf - pace is pace yaar. Needs support from the other bowlers but gives 100%

We need to drop Shadab and bring in a genuine leggie in Usama Mir. Babar needs to get his mojo back - I honestly feel he plays to slow and used to get away with it because Fakhar blasted the ball and then he caught up - but recently he hasn't been scoring enough to catch up.

I guess onwards and upwards is all you can say!

Arthur’s just deflecting here, pretty sure he knows whatever he’s saying is utter horseshite and he wants the attention on him being uncomfortable rather than the shoddy performance of his players.

Arthur is there for the paycheck only. Pakistan cricket team is second to the county management stint he is doing.

Najam Sethi came in with the same useless ideas we had before. Bought back the same useless rubbish that worked in 2017 for a different bunch of players.

He is not even there to manage or bring in new ideas when he spends 75% of the time managing the county.

Don't say Pakistan is not playing aggressive attacking cricket when you're in a different country and offering nothing new for Pakistan cricket for the best part of a year. You should have been implementing this from a long time ago!

Users who are viewing this thread