2023 ICC Cricket World Cup (October/November) - India

Your 2023 Cricket World Cup Champions are?

• Australia

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • India

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What a pussy cat! Just because you dint hear Dil Dil Pakistan, your team decided to play like shit! Instead of making a mockery of yourself as a head coach, show some spine and hold the team accountable on why after a great start they were not able to capitulate. Also you are all well and good when you were in Hyderabad and crowd supporting you, but now when you play the HOME team, you talk like a pussy cat!

Now I have no idea of what the actual chants towards the players were since I skipped the post match hoopla after a while but surely Rizwan’s tweets or his prayer on the ground are different to a bunch of blokes chanting at him directly (since that’s what @CerealKiller mentioned)? I don’t think he has a problem with the slogan part of it but his problem is with the yelling part of it which if worded correctly is supposed to be provocative.
Post automatically merged:

I want our side to secure the top spot again. That would be a real show of consistency.
No use of finishing first, it's not ipl playoffs, we'll get good teams as opposition no matter where we finish in top 4.

Now I have no idea of what the actual chants towards the players were since I skipped the post match hoopla after a while but surely Rizwan’s tweets or his prayer on the ground are different to a bunch of blokes chanting at him directly (since that’s what @CerealKiller mentioned)? I don’t think he has a problem with the slogan part of it but his problem is with the yelling part of it which if worded correctly is supposed to be provocative.

I want our side to secure the top spot again. That would be a real show of consistency.
Ok, so I saw the video where Rizwan is walking back to dressing room and crowd is chanting Jai Shree Ram, NOT COOL! That was heckling and that is not acceptable. It is one thing you are chanting slogans while the play is in action but targeting a player is NOT COOL!

Well hopefully this was the last of India Pakistan here in India and I hope both dont play each other in Semi's or Finals. Next year in New York it will be different.

Oh come on, what Rizwan does off the field or on the field is not forcing religion on anyone but tell me how is the slogan forcing religion?
Also at best Jai Shree Ram is just a mere bollywood song at best. Let them have a moment ad long as a player is not physically abused per se.
I'm sure I don’t need to tell you that that slogan is weaponised by groups in India to indicate their religious superiority over minorities, and it was chanted for that exact purpose at a Pakistani player

What a pussy cat! Just because you dint hear Dil Dil Pakistan, your team decided to play like shit! Instead of making a mockery of yourself as a head coach, show some spine and hold the team accountable on why after a great start they were not able to capitulate. Also you are all well and good when you were in Hyderabad and crowd supporting you, but now when you play the HOME team, you talk like a pussy cat!
I think his point is to highlight the fact that Pakistani fans were not given access to the World Cup, not to make it an excuse
@Umair7

Honestly, didn't watch the game because I wasn't feeling it. So can't comment on any of the chants or anything - but don't really care about it.

I think it was @LiveLoveABD (and @Bevab )who said that he rated Pakistan highly in this tournament (apologies if I am wrong) - but honestly, this is the kind of performance I expected against a full-power side, although definitely not as embarrassing as this.

Pakistan honestly is looking like a shell of a team before the tournament begins.

My review of the XI:

1. Abdullah Shafique - replacement so can't really judge him fairly
2. Imam-ul-Haq - stat padder on flat pitches. Put him in Pindi and he will get you a 100 (100), which is okay when you have Fakhar score properly alongside him
3. Babar Azam - seems out of touch at the moment, finding ways to get out. I believe captaincy is having a huge impact on his batting.
4. Rizwan - our best batsman and our best player
5. Saud Shakeel - talented but once again too early to judge - India clearly saw him sweeping a lot and planned around it.
6. Chacha - he has been a bit hit or miss. But Chacha is Chacha - he is a good player and older than the rest. Keep with him
7. Shadab Khan - I think Watson said on commentary during the SL game - since he tried to spin the ball more he has lost control of his length and line. Drop him immediately. No point in having a mediocre batsman for the sake of a bowler who will give a wicket for 60+ runs
8. M.Nawaz - not a wicket-taker really. More there to hold up one end and then your leggie gets a wicket, but Shadab has been horrendous. Average batsmen - will get you about 20 ish runs a game with the bat when there is a collapse
9. Hasan Ali - he has been good with the bowling for a last-minute replacement but his pace is 130! Quality sides like India will belt him around.
10. Shaheen Shah Afridi - the shadow of his former self since coming back from injury. Honestly, felt like his comeback was rushed and the teams have more of a plan. Feel a bit for him. Played with a sore finger in the last game
11. Rauf - pace is pace yaar. Needs support from the other bowlers but gives 100%

We need to drop Shadab and bring in a genuine leggie in Usama Mir. Babar needs to get his mojo back - I honestly feel he plays to slow and used to get away with it because Fakhar blasted the ball and then he caught up - but recently he hasn't been scoring enough to catch up.

I guess onwards and upwards is all you can say!

I still maintain that Pakistan is a semi-final contender and more than capable of winning the WC by beating India/England or anyone else in the knockouts. Obviously, because of all the media hype, a loss against India feels like the WC is over but it is far from it. For me, the collapse today can happen. Ir can happen to the best sides and it was high class bowling that got Pakistan till the Shadab wicket. Babar Azam? Being Virat Kohli on social media and in conversation is easy but I can guarantee that Kohli was never playing that shot and getting out in today's situation. He can get out on 50/58 but not like that. And I have repeatedly said that Azam is a class apart but there is a desperation in Pakistan to anoint him as a Kohli in waiting and it is clearly showing in terms of pressure in this WC. Virat Kohli is Virat Kohli and this forum knows I am not his fan but a 50 over batter like him will never exist. Not even ABD.

I think Pakistan have a solid team. I would still say, remove Imam and get Fakhar. Imam is okay but he does not strike me as a match winner. The bowling is the worry after the quicks and the fields Babar gives them is just shocking. What was he doing protecting boundaries to the spinners today? It was nonsense. I really do believe Abrar is a match winner and somehow Pakistan needs to get him in. Frankly, Nawaz is a good bowler but the way Babar treats him is neither a bowler nor batter. Shadab I have always said is a T20 product and that fellow Qadir was a half decent leggie.

Anyway, I will maintain PAK can win the WC and it's not like India are error free. That a$$ Thakur keeps making the team.

Whattttttttttt?

Sachin even outdid Sanju Manju! Such shit commentary!

It was pathetic. He is desperate to be around any big moment of India's cricket and it's not a secret that he can sell his soul for money contrary to popular belief (but not unethical)

Zainab was sent back home but for me it is unacceptable that that ass Younus and Raja are in India. It's just unbelievable.

Gotta say following this game with you guys has been a much more enjoyable experience than I could have imagined as always.

My criticism of r/cricket sometimes reaches comical levels as well known here but this may be the second time after the transphobic “discussion” thread that I’ve been quite disappointed by the sub. Some of the upvoted comments were extremely juvenile or downright provocative. None of that crap here though since that one bloke who called Afridi an all-rounder also stayed away.
+1 its just impossible to find a good discussion group anymore, i feel like it has to be private/invite only to have any semblance of a standard nowadays

Theres one discord group I'm very lucky to be in, met a lot of amazing people there but I've never found another good place to discuss cricket. These forums are pretty entertaining to read, feel like there atleast can be civil conversations without obvious baiting

Just an fyi to a person here, Zainab was not sent back, she chose to go back as she got tensed and her family was worried regarding her old tweets. Kudos to her to own up her mistake. Others should themselves realize that they keep spewing hatred in Pakistan and come here for big fat check, but hey I am not the one to complain as it keeps their family fed.

Just an fyi to a person here, Zainab was not sent back, she chose to go back as she got tensed and her family was worried regarding her old tweets. Kudos to her to own up her mistake. Others should themselves realize that they keep spewing hatred in Pakistan and come here for big fat check, but hey I am not the one to complain as it keeps their family fed.
They come there because they’re invited, another example of hypocrisy

They come there because they’re invited, another example of hypocrisy
Hypocrisy is abusing your neighbors on social media, tv channels but come here in the end to get that big fat check. Nobody is stopping them to say no! There should be something called as "SELF-RESPECT". None of our neighbors show that, Zainab is a good example, abuse India but when invited by the same country you abuse, you lose your self respect for the monaayyy!! May be instead of being hypocrite, they should show some spine and say NO! India aint Taliban that would force you on gun point to come commentate or be in media in India.

Same goes for Waqar Younis, Ramiz Raza and all the Zainab's.

That is hypocrisy my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread