2023 ICC Cricket World Cup (October/November) - India

Your 2023 Cricket World Cup Champions are?

• Australia

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • India

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I genuinely still think Pak have been better than NZ this WC, NZ haven't had one really solid win against a decent opposition, while Pakistan could easily have been at 6 wins right now if they just battered the weaker teams like NZ
Yeah, ironically, if ties on the points table were decided on head-to-head, Pakistan would have made the semifinals in 2019 and 2023

This entire "Quadrat ka Nizam" seems like one "Quadratic Equation" which the PCB haven't been able to solve for years now....

5x² – 2x – 6 = Babar
3y² + 4y + 8 = Sarfaraz

All they need to do is to find 'x' & 'y', but by then, Babar & Sarfaraz will have long gone...:grinning:
Screenshot_20231110-014457.png

Hey, don't get ahead of yourself. The England game is still to come — Pak aren't equal on points yet
I also think after Pakistan's performance against NZ, they can score 400+ runs and bowl England out for 112 or less. That is a possibility.

I also think after Pakistan's performance against NZ, they can score 400+ runs and bowl England out for 112 or less. That is a possibility.
I believe Pakistan biggest win in ODI is by 255 runs against Ireland, so to beat that against England is pretty much impossible. I know England has been crap in this world cup but they are not that crap.

@WutUpMahGlipGlops you should seriously stop posting his tweets.

My twitter timeline became good again ever since I blocked him not only his account but also the rest of the such accounts from both countries stop appearing on the timeline.
Chal tune kahan mein maan letu hu bhai!

Ok bro whatever you say

I am 100% sure we will beat England, but 0% sure we will qualify
Could well be the last ODI for most of the England side. Hoping they rock up to go out on a high. A match similar to the ODI matches played between the two sides in 2019 would be entertaining but also useless for Pakistan's qualification hopes.

CT is useless anyway. Just another hyped up and glorified ICC event like the WTC Finals. I've said it for long, if they want to host it, they ought to revert to the straight KO formats used in 1998 and 2000.

As for converting this to T20, don't think it will happen purely cause of 2 reasons:

1. ICC won't schedule a meaningless T20 CT sandwiched in between 2 T20 World Cups.
  2. Disney Star shouldn't have any say in the matter cause they sub-leased the rights to ZEE

CT is useless anyway. Just another hyped up and glorified ICC event like the WTC Finals. I've said it for long, if they want to host it, they ought to revert to the straight KO formats used in 1998 and 2000.

As for converting this to T20, don't think it will happen purely cause of 2 reasons:

1. ICC won't schedule a meaningless T20 CT sandwiched in between 2 T20 World Cups.
  2. Disney Star shouldn't have any say in the matter cause they sub-leased the rights to ZEE
Would be interesting to have a Champions Trophy in T20 format and England not be in it as current champions.

Yeah, ironically, if ties on the points table were decided on head-to-head, Pakistan would have made the semifinals in 2019 and 2023
But how do you decide the qualified team in case more than 2 teams are tied at the same number of points?

Pak beat NZ
AFG beat Pak
NZ beat AFG

Who goes through ? NRR makes the most sense

Also saying NZ don't 'deserve' to qualify over Pak is just sounding salty now.

Pak won against Ned, SL, Ban, NZ
NZ won against Eng, Ned, Ban, AFG SL
AFG won against Eng, Pak, SL, Ned

If anything, AFG has been the team that punched above their waist consistently and beat more number of teams ranked higher than them:spy

Users who are viewing this thread