3d models for TAOC

yakuza003

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why you guys ignoring me can any one tell me how to open oedit model file in 3dmax since i seen you guys talking about making stadiums you must know how to convert these files to make those stadium work on cricket 07 game.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Why you guys ignoring me can any one tell me how to open oedit model file in 3dmax since i seen you guys talking about making stadiums you must know how to convert these files to make those stadium work on cricket 07 game.

I answered your question just a few posts ago, right under where you originally asked your question. .O files have absolutely nothing to do with this. This has nothing to do with Cricket 07.

Question answered?

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer

Tom said it well, but i just wanted to reiterate. We are not going to 'steal' ANY files from EA or Codemasters or any other game. All content will be strictly original. Please do not mention EA files around here anymore.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
I've finally got to the half-way mark on my stadium.

It's about 2400 triangles so far, so I'm happy with the detail I've got from such a low poly count.

I think I'm going to work on the pavillion again when I'm done as it's not quite up to scratch in my opinion.

Comments/suggestions welcomed.

Attachments

• half.jpg
    half.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 187

srk121

International Coach

It's about 2400 triangles so far, so I'm happy with the detail I've got from such a low poly count.

I think I'm going to work on the pavillion again when I'm done as it's not quite up to scratch in my opinion.

Thats amazing work mate.. :eek:

gocricketgo

School Cricketer
its hard to find the words to describe how brilliantly fantastically incredibly amazing it looks, oustanding job LC :)

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India

Could you please provide a reference picture? I'm sure it's perfect but since you wanted comments...

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Guys, As brilliant as it is....let me warn you (without stealing LC's thunder)
that the stad in-game will look very different then what it actually looks like !

renders usually show a completely different story...
the picture quality, shadows, lighting etc will not be so evident...

am not trying to bring him down or anything....just informing that dont be
shocked if doesnt look like that in-game !

@MS-Dhoni - why are ya posting viewport pix ??
Maya has such a beautiful rendering system....make good use of it..!
a word of advice - when your presenting something....do it professionally...that'll give us
the impression that your taking it seriously !

Last edited:

holmie

Club Cricketer
Guys, As brilliant as it is....let me warn you (without stealing LC's thunder)
that the stad in-game will look very different then what it actually looks like !

renders usually show a completely different story...
the picture quality, shadows, lighting etc will not be so evident...

am not trying to bring him down or anything....just informing that dont be
shocked if doesnt look like that in-game !

a word of advice - when your presenting something....do it professionally...that'll give us
the impression that your taking it seriously !

JK what if we have high end computers, cant we enjoy the game with excellent graphics like the one shown in the render?

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
JK what if we have high end computers, cant we enjoy the game with excellent graphics like the one shown in the render?

see thats exactly what i mean !!

the renders usually tell a different story...!
the graphics in-game depends upon the GFX engine.

and tbh...the one we are using right now is CRAP !!
cant blame it as we cannot afford high-end GFX engines...

i'd be more than happy if people label the graphics as "Decent" !

but as we've been saying from day 1. TAOC will be about gameplay
and not graphics ! ;)

one of the reasons why i moved on from stadium modelling and photoshop
to animation !

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
the impression that your taking it seriously
The reason i didn't use the rendering system this time because for some reason, my computer has better graphics in Persp view than in rendering. So i thought i should post the one with better looking graphics. Also, i don't understand the part where you said do it professionally. I don't mean this the negative way but i just want to know so i do it right the next time.
Thanks for the comments.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
The reason i didn't use the rendering system this time because for some reason, my computer has better graphics in Persp view than in rendering. So i thought i should post the one with better looking graphics. Also, i don't understand the part where you said do it professionally. I don't mean this the negative way but i just want to know so i do it right the next time.
Thanks for the comments.

if your saying that the viewport pix are better than renders, then i can only assume that you dont know much abt rendering or theres something
seriously wrong..!!

heck, even if you render with the basic default settings...it'll still be times better than the viewport !

and by professionally - have you ever seen any game manufacturer in the history of video games to post viewport pix of their models ??

i specifically mentioned "professional" considering the fact you've more or less completed your stad !!

Users who are viewing this thread