3d models for TAOC

Right. Directly from the Maya help guide:

The same is true of the Mental Ray renderer. It does not utilise the GPU on your computer unless you are using .cg shaders, which I doubt as I expect you don't even know what one is. It is the CPU that does the work.

Now please stop embarrassing yourself and talking complete tripe about things you obviously know nothing about.

While we're on the subject of rendering your work.....your work is terrible, and of an unacceptable quality for a game. I've been very nice to you so far, and have been making suggestions on how you can improve, but you seem more keen on disregarding anything anyone tells you, rather than learning about what you are doing. Now the niceness stops as you continue to think you know more about everything than anyone else.

I'm sure you still think you know more than the people who make the Maya Software renderer, and will argue that the GPU does the work. BUt then again, you are an idiot, so I wouldn't expect anything less.

It would make me so happy if I never had to read one of your ridiculous posts ever again.

Rant over.
And your work is the best? I ask for comments on ym work from everyone and not just you. You aren't the boss of making models. You aren't the best. You make those stadiums which are easy to make. I bet your Feroz Shah Kotla will look like crap. You aren't the one who decides everything. Also, i will post in viewport view or render view, whichever i want and you can do nothing about it. for your kind of information, you are wrong. Everything in computer that deals with picture and graphics is associated with graphics card. You can say all the rubbish you want. With that comment that you posted for me, i can say even worst stuff if i want but i don't want to get banned. You want to talk trash? lets do it on msn messenger. i am always ready. I don't take it from anyone who try to think they are all expert and all that. You aren't the boss ok? You write negative comments to everyone so why should i care? all you think is that your work is great right?

:confused:Getting back on topic, has anyone got any new stadium pics to show?

As edx said, back on topic would be an awesome thing to do.

I'll just say this, Tom dude, you're doing a massive thing for this game by your awesome stadiums. An honest opinion, you do kinda type a bit down on people. Kinda like you know more, when infact they may know more that you. Again, I don't want arguements, I'm just observing and for the good of the game you're needed its obvious.

MSD, you just seem to have a stick up your arse about most things and have the ability to make folk argue with you. Continue that way, and its pretty certain that you're on the way out. Find out about the legacy of Usy, he was an A* idiot. Don't follow in his footsteps ;) Become an awesome member :)

I know i mostly stick to my arguement but i don't start it all the time. I accept that i am wrong alot of times but its just because something makes me be that way. For example, i just posted the viewport pics because they were better in my opinion but i accept before like 3 times that i was wrong. But Lazy thought he is so good and he made this into a big issue. I mean is it illegal to post viewport pictures? New topic please.

At no point did I suggest that you should post renders instead of viewport pics. The point I was making is that your GPU has no bearing on the quality of Maya Software or Mental Ray renders. I don't see how you can argue that as it is a fact which I have proved by citing text from the manufacturer of Maya.

Yes, your graphics card is used to display the image once it is rendered, but it doesn't get involved in the rendering process.

I do, therefore, know better than you when it comes to the use of the CPU and GPU when rendering images. Mate, this is what I am doing a degree in, so I think it's quite likely I know more about this than you. Not being big-headed, but it is probably true. If you can show me you know more then I will gladly accept what you say. Until then, on certain matters, you have invalidated your opinion by sticking to your guns when you have been proved to be wrong.

@Simbazz: Whilst I agree that I often can be seen to "type down" on people, I think that often it is honesty that gets misinterpreted as nastiness. For example, when LM released a video ages ago asking for constructive comments on a long sequence of batting strokes, I went through each stroke and gave a critique. Some of the comments were that things needed improving (in my opinion). When I made the post, a load of people came down on me with comments like "let's see you do better" or "why are you so critical", when I just did what LM asked.

I am not a sycophant. I will not say something is brilliant, amazing or perfect unless I really think it is. If I make a post of my work asking for comments, I am not just asking to be told how amazing something is. I want to know if people think things can be improved. MS, on the other hand, seems to want people to tell him how brilliant he is, and I'm afraid he really isn't. Even though I wouldn't consider myself an expert at using Maya (quite the opposite, I think I'm a beginner), but that doesn't mean I can't say things are wrong. You don't have to be Don Bradman to be able to say someone played a bad shot when batting.

Although I want to get this back on topic, I will not let it lie if MS insists he is right about things he blatantly isn't right about.

Two differing opinions voiced equally loudly are not necessarily equally valid.

I know LC, I'm just saying what I see :)

You could structure your advice in a way to what would appeal to people who are new/improving. Instead of blatantly saying improvements, add in a "maybe," or other words to that effect. It'd go miles for members who need to improve :)

Again, its your life, its up to you how you post it.

All I want is for you to continue making stadiums ;)

And your work is the best? I ask for comments on ym work from everyone and not just you. You aren't the boss of making models. You aren't the best. You make those stadiums which are easy to make. I bet your Feroz Shah Kotla will look like crap. You aren't the one who decides everything.
Anyone can easily tell his work is far better than anything you have shown here. He is trying to give you helpful advice but you are just being stubborn in your continued attempts at considering every post to be an attack on you that you must defend vigorously.

You don't get to pick and choose who comments on your work, it is a public forum, anyone has the same right to reply as anyone else, that includes Tom.

In this case JK posted the same thing as Tom has, yet you have attacked one and not the other, that shows you are clearly and unnecessarily making this a personal issue that it need not be.

If you think that this stadium
ScreenHunter_02 Feb. 26 21.02.jpg
ScreenHunter_03 Feb. 26 21.03.jpg

looks better than this one
55264d1235689441-3d-models-taoc-half.jpg

You have no business being anywhere near a modelling application, because you clearly have no ability to judge what is good or not. And if you refuse to listen to people trying to help you improve, then there is no hope.

You can't just blame rendering on the stadium not following the shape of the ground, or having randomly placed blocks of seats behind a stand, or things having absolutely no relation to their real life looks or positioning.

And unless I'm hugely mistaken, that scoreboard texture is ripped straight out of EA's Cricket games, in which case, TAOC can't use your work.

Also, i will post in viewport view or render view, whichever i want and you can do nothing about it. for your kind of information, you are wrong. Everything in computer that deals with picture and graphics is associated with graphics card.
If you render with software, the end result for your graphics card is the same as if it was showing a photo of the stadium, in other words, it doesn't know the difference, because it isn't doing the work in rendering it.

Showing something pre-rendered means there is no impact on your graphics card, and with CPU rendering it can look as good as your patience in waiting for it to render is, you can make it look rubbish, or you can make it look better than the most expensive of graphics cards.

You can say all the rubbish you want. With that comment that you posted for me, i can say even worst stuff if i want but i don't want to get banned. You want to talk trash? lets do it on msn messenger. i am always ready. I don't take it from anyone who try to think they are all expert and all that. You aren't the boss ok? You write negative comments to everyone so why should i care? all you think is that your work is great right?
It is called constructive criticism, not trolling or negative comments. If he just said 'that sucks' you might have a point, but he is trying to improve your work, however futile it seems to be.

Instead of attacking people over this, how about just trying it their way, it is about trying to get the best results for the game, and if you can't leave your personal pride behind in responding to people, you won't get far. What is possibly wrong with just trying a software render? Instead you'd rather just fight about it, which is what will get you banned.

Respect other posters on the site and the same will happen to you.

Guys, As brilliant as it is....let me warn you (without stealing LC's thunder)
that the stad in-game will look very different then what it actually looks like !

renders usually show a completely different story...
the picture quality, shadows, lighting etc will not be so evident...

am not trying to bring him down or anything....just informing that dont be
shocked if doesnt look like that in-game !

hmmm thanks for this post. i was wondering the same thing on how good its gonna look in the game. having said that, u posted a pic urself of some stadium too (eden gardens i think). i was wondering if thats a rendered pic too, or was it an ingame pic?

Last edited:
hmmm thanks for this post. i was wondering the same thing on how good its gonna look in the game. having said that, u posted a pic urself of some stadium too (eden gardens i think). i was wondering if thats a rendered pic too, or was it an ingame pic?

mine was a render too..!!

in-game...it actually looks a lot like how it'll look in the viewport !

Your stadium is looking great LC! Wish we could have had it look like that ingame too, that would have been bloody brilliant! KUTGW!

I'll have a crack at stadiums after 20th March when I finish my exams.

I don't mean to be spoiling the fun LC, but if you look around the forum for some of MSDhoni's other posts, you'll realize you've been wasting your time trying to give him some good advice.

That apart, if I may request a render of the mesh of any of the stands. I just want it for reference as I'm modelling a stadium myself.

:cheers

Words cannot describe how brilliant that stadium looks.

And your work is the best? I ask for comments on ym work from everyone and not just you. You aren't the boss of making models. You aren't the best. You make those stadiums which are easy to make. I bet your Feroz Shah Kotla will look like crap. You aren't the one who decides everything. Also, i will post in viewport view or render view, whichever i want and you can do nothing about it. for your kind of information, you are wrong. Everything in computer that deals with picture and graphics is associated with graphics card. You can say all the rubbish you want. With that comment that you posted for me, i can say even worst stuff if i want but i don't want to get banned. You want to talk trash? lets do it on msn messenger. i am always ready. I don't take it from anyone who try to think they are all expert and all that. You aren't the boss ok? You write negative comments to everyone so why should i care? all you think is that your work is great right?

Saurav, Please let not get in any sort of arguments and carry on doing great work you lot have been doing. You will definately have to work hard on the actual stadium because it does feel cartoonish. I do not know much about graphic design, but seeing LC work it does make me feel that we need all the stadium at that level. I know you have tried really hard and by all means keep trying. I am criticing you work only because i want your work to be great. Please guys let get ba ck on track and on topic.:)

Saurav, Please let not get in any sort of arguments and carry on doing great work you lot have been doing. You will definately have to work hard on the actual stadium because it does feel cartoonish. I do not know much about graphic design, but seeing LC work it does make me feel that we need all the stadium at that level. I know you have tried really hard and by all means keep trying. I am criticing you work only because i want your work to be great. Please guys let get ba ck on track and on topic.:)

I agree but it was because i had some work to do. Still the same opinion after looking at the new previews? Let me know please.
Well i am told not to argue so i will ignore getting into arguements from now on.

And unless I'm hugely mistaken, that scoreboard texture is ripped straight out of EA's Cricket games, in which case, TAOC can't use your work.
It's not EA scoreboard. I made it myself. Nothing in my stadium is ripped off of any game.

---------------------------------Preview----------------------------------
It is a nightime view because i don't have any sky texture yet so it looks more like its night.

View attachment 55315

Last edited:
Nice work guys!

It's a shame that the stadiums can't look like that in the game... on the other hand we would just spend our time admiring the view rather thanplaying the game!

Could those beautiful renders be used for in-game menus and info about the stadium screens. Or perhaps for the intro sequence to a match?

Yusuf

I agree but it was because i had some work to do. Still the same opinion after looking at the new previews? Let me know please.

I still feel there is definately room for improvement. You surely have capability, but when looking at LC and JK work i still think there is room for improvement. It still looks cartoonish. Please have a look at their work and see how you can improvise from their work, i feel you can get to that standard if you practice bit more. But great effort Saurav.:):clap

Users who are viewing this thread