IPL 3rd Match: Delhi Daredevils v Kings XI Punjab

I thought Broad was up for auction but nobody wanted him, I'm pretty sure I saw his name.

He's not playing in the Pro40 today because the domestic competition currently being played is the FP Trophy first off, and also he sees it as a good chance to improve his T20 skills (like the young Indian guys have been able to do) and get some more experience playing with the best players in the world. I think facing some truely class players in South Africa will be of far more use than knocking a poor Northants team about at Chelmsford.

Kill me now. Ravi is a great player and will do great things not sure his priorities are right though.

Mark Nicolas said he was. He implied he was quicket than Mitchell Johnson. He's about 5-10km slower from what i've seen.

No he didn't. He never said he was quicker than Johnson. Nannes is quick for a lefty though, and a genuinely good T20 bowler. His T20 record is superb.

UV hits a couple of nice sixes and then gets run out. RV's better.

Love the fact Goughy calls him "Youraf" as well haha.

King Pietersen added 1 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Kill me now. Ravi is a great player and will do great things not sure his priorities are right though.

He wants the extra income, and wants to learn, play with and play against the best players in the world to improve his T20 skills. Nothing wrong with that. Playing in South Africa will be handy given that England are touring there after the English summer also.

Mark Nicolas said he was. He implied he was quicket than Mitchell Johnson. He's about 5-10km slower from what i've seen.
It depends. He was still bowling 140-150 in the Shield final, but sometimes it seems he deliberately bowls two yards slower.

KING UVVAYY! Ah well, it was entertaining while it lasted. Stupid call from Mahela.

AB is incredible in the field. That was superb work.

Can see Delhi knocking these off. Sehwag could do it on his own. Hopefully Manoj Tiwary'll get a bat!

Lol, what stupidity. 3 wickets in an over.

Last edited:

Can see Delhi knocking these off. Sehwag could do it on his own. Hopefully Manoj Tiwary'll get a bat!

Great bowling from Vettori. Really turned it around 3 wickets and 2 run-outs off his bowling. Good fielding too by the Daredevils.

Goel was really impressive with the bat. Looks to have some real talent.

This will still take some getting though. 12 over game, anything could happen.

Lol, what is it with you an Manoj Tiwary? From what I've seen of him (not much), he has the same flair and arrogance in his batting that KP does. He's got that X-Factor and can win you matches single handedly.

Actually, Nannes might bowl slower when he isn't sure he can grip the ball, like in a rainy game. He did have an innings last year where he bowled a couple of beamers and got taken out of the attack by the umpire.

Hasn't Nannes decided to play for the Netherlands in the T20 WC? Why are Shastri and Nicholas talking about him pushing for a place in the Aussie side?
This is correct, he is most likely going to play for the Netherlands, but that is almost breaking news.

Lol, what is it with you an Manoj Tiwary? From what I've seen of him (not much), he has the same flair and arrogance in his batting that KP does. He's got that X-Factor and can win you matches single handedly.

I read the words "He has idolised Kevin Pietersen, evident through his mannerism on the field, and favours the front foot more." and decided he'd have to be one of my favourite Indian players. I've seen a video that one of the lads on here PM'd to me which showed an innings he played and he was awesome.

Think the last few overs could have lost KXIP the match. Started superbly with Bopara and Goel, and Yuvraj showed a couple of glimpses of class, but apart from that it was the Vettori show. Viru's going to come out and smack a quickfire 50.

Ravi Bopara is a hack. Got totally outbatted by an unknown Indian batsman.

On the otherhand, if Sehwag had've taken strike first ball to Pathan then he would've already been gone by now.

Irfan Pathan got that swing right but lost his line in the first over. The good thing from Irfan is, he is able to swing. But he has no pace :noway What Vaas did in his career lately, Irfan is doing already :rolleyes:

I wanted to see Irfan of old days with that swing and pace. I know its not going to happen. :mad

Unfortunately, Tiwary had to face a too good delivery from Lee on his first ODI :p

Users who are viewing this thread