3TC : Cricket South Africa launching new game format.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would like to see this format experiment with much tougher pitches and the red ball, possibly the duke's. The odds are already tilted in favour of the batsmen with the lack of fielders, giving the bowlers an advantage with the conditions assisting them will possibly make this a much better contest. You then have an option as the batsman as to whether I should take the risk and go for a big shot or just try to rotate strike patiently. At the moment it is a bit too frenetic which works due to the absolute lack of cricket recently but like the Hong Kong Sixes and other such experiments, won't last in the long run.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Any reviews of how this turned out?

Imagine someone made an exhibition match with no crowd that unnecessarily changes all the rules in cricket. Now add Ntini commentating. It's like that but with AB

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
As a test match lover I am always very skeptical of anything different but am willing to give things a go!
It was interesting. I read they are looking to do it with 11 players at some point; rather than 8. It felt too heavily weighted to batting with so all fielders on the boundary as it was. That being said you probably wouldn't get the last man standing element and it's only 12 overs, so I don't know if it needs 11 players.

The turnover between innings was a bit slow but this might be related to covid restrictions/regulations. The guys catching sixes in fishing nets was funny.

In the current form it looks like a good practice for death overs of a one dayer/T20. Could prove a good development format or exhibition. I don't know if it's likely to take off in a way T20 did.

Considering it seems to have been thrown together fairly quickly it's quite amusing that the ECB have spent a fortune and only came up with The Hundred. This is far more interesting because it is actually different and not just a shortened T20 with a few gimmicks.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
It was interesting. I read they are looking to do it with 11 players at some point; rather than 8. It felt too heavily weighted to batting with so all fielders on the boundary as it was. That being said you probably wouldn't get the last man standing element and it's only 12 overs, so I don't know if it needs 11 players.

The turnover between innings was a bit slow but this might be related to covid restrictions/regulations. The guys catching sixes in fishing nets was funny.

In the current form it looks like a good practice for death overs of a one dayer/T20. Could prove a good development format or exhibition. I don't know if it's likely to take off in a way T20 did.

Considering it seems to have been thrown together fairly quickly it's quite amusing that the ECB have spent a fortune and only came up with The Hundred. This is far more interesting because it is actually different and not just a shortened T20 with a few gimmicks.
For 11 men there is a 90 over version as well

https://www.3team.cricket/rules-90-overs

Users who are viewing this thread