Story .

Who will win the 2009 nPower Ashes Series and Win the PlanetCricket rankings?

• England (Giggity Giggity) Both

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Australia (shantanu_rooney) Both

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England (Giggity Giggity) Just Ashes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Australia (shantanu_rooney) Just Ashes

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • England (Giggity Giggity) Just PC Rankings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia (shantanu_rooney) Just PC Rankings

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
54173d1230066476-macworlds-gfx-thread-engvsnz.jpg

NEW ZEALAND TOURING PARTY ANNOUNCED

Today New Zealand's selectors have announced the 20 man squad for their tour of England next month. The 20 man squad is as follows

Batsmen

Daniel Flynn
James Marshall
Peter Fulton
Ross Taylor
Lou Vincent
Jamie How
Michael Papps

All Rounders

Daniel Vettori (C)
Grant Elliot
Aaron Redmond
Jacob Oram
Scott Styris
Jesse Ryder

Wicket Keepers

Brendon McCullum

Bowlers

Mark Gillespie
Tim Southee
Michael Mason
Kyle Mills
Chris Martin

New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori had this to say
Originally posted by Daniel Vettori
We have a great squad which I believe can win us the test, ODI and T20 series, we have come here to win, we will win. We have a few new faces in the squad like Tim Southee and Daniel Flynn and Stephen Fleming has recently retired but we have to move on and win as many games as we can.

Last edited:

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
That's a decent team but it will be hard to win away in England. Vettori seems to be optimistic about the tour, which is the way he should be to be honest.

Good update and nice to see the New Zealand team, Kieron.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England

ENGLAND 20 MAN SQUAD ANNOUNCED

Today ECB selectors have announced their 20 man squad for New Zealand's tour. Only 2 months ago England toured New Zealand and they won 2-0 in the Twenty/20 series, lost 3-1 in the ODI series and came back from 1-0 down to win 2-1 in the test series which saw Andrew Strauss who looked like his place in the England side wasn't going to last him much longer return to form in the 2nd innings in Napier in the final test match with a match winning 177 at number three. Will his new found form continue? There's only one way to find out... FIGHT!!! Here is the squad in full
Batsmen

Michael Vaughan (C)
Andrew Strauss
Alistair Cook
Ian Bell
Kevin Pietersen
Owais Shah
Ravinder Bopara

All Rounders

Paul Collingwood (VC)
Andrew Flintoff
Samit Patel
Graeme Swann
Luke Wright

Wicket Keepers

Matt Prior
Tim Ambrose

Bowlers

Stephen Harmison
James Anderson
Monty Panesar
Matthew Hoggard
Stuart Broad
Ryan Sidebottom
Michael Vaughan had this to say afterwards
Originally Posted by Michael Vaughan
We had a fantastic tour of New Zealand a few months ago but we still need to work on our one day cricket we disappointingly lost 3-1 in New Zealand after a great one day series win over in Sri Lanka last winter. Hopefully the squad we have here can win us all three trophies and prove to the world we can beat Australia next summer we have a very tough few months after this. We host South Africa then we have the Stanford 20/20 Super Series over in Antigua and then we travel to India which will be very tough. All we can do is play our best and hope we do as well as we can.

Last edited:

gutterman

International Cricketer
Very strong sides both England and New Zealand have. But i think that England are the better team here. great pres mate and keep up the good work

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Both teams looking to be very strong. Would be a great tournament. Good presentation GG.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England

ENGLAND LINE UP FOR 1ST NPOWER TEST ANNOUNCED

England captain Michael Vaughan has anounced with coach Peter Moores the starting XI fo the 1st Npower test with New Zealand tomorrow. Here it the full line up
Andrew Strauss
Alistair Cook
Michael Vaughan (C)
Ian Bell
Kevin Pietersen
Paul Collingwood
Matt Prior (WK)
Stuart Broad (2)
Ryan Sidebottom (3)
Monty Panesar (4)
James Anderson (1)

Andrew Flintoff and Steve Harmison are left out of the starting eleven, Steve Harmison has just returned to training from a side strain and will be closely monitored by the physio's before the 2nd test next week.
New Zealand won't be naming their team until just before they leave the dressing room tomorrow.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
A good team, I wonder why Flintoff isn't in it though. Looking forward to seeing Stevie back in the second Test if he can. The bowling attack is a little yougn and inexperience and might not be enough whilst the batting is brilliant. Pietersen is a bit far down the order though at number 5, I'd have him at 4.

Good presentation, Kieron.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
A good team, I wonder why Flintoff isn't in it though. Looking forward to seeing Stevie back in the second Test if he can. The bowling attack is a little yougn and inexperience and might not be enough whilst the batting is brilliant. Pietersen is a bit far down the order though at number 5, I'd have him at 4.

Good presentation, Kieron.
Who knows there might be a little surprise.
Btw, I am playing this on C07 with Tutsi's AI patch on 1 star, realistic results will happen. I am using Aamir, SRK's and Punk's kits
Appu's 150 batpack with Bibu's adidas and Puma Ballistic bats,
Arko and Mad Snakes Eng and NZ facepack with Avjohn's Sidey, Gaurav Indiand's Asian Windies facepack.
Appu's logos and Matt's/Friend's overlays.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Good team there for the Englishman. Surprised not to see Freddie in it. Looks like a good match and interesting match on the cards. Good presentation GG. :clap

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
As, as above said, interesting match ahead is what i also feel.. Good luck :thumbs looking forward to it :)

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Sorry about the lack of updates guys but i've been busy and have needed to get C07 graphics sorted ;).
Updates in the next few days.
Happy New Year guys ;)

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England

NEW ZEALAND ANNOUNCE LINE FOR 1ST NPOWER TEST AHEAD OF SCHEDULE
Today New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori along with New Zealand selectors have announced the line for the 1st nPower test tomorrow. The announcement comes just hours after they said they wouldn't announce their line up until 10:55 am tomorrow. Here is the line up in full
  1. Jamie How
  2. Aaron Redmond
  3. James Marshall
  4. Ross Taylor
  5. Brendon McCullum (WK)
  6. Daniel Flynn
  7. Jacob Oram
  8. Daniel Vettori(C)(4)
  9. Kyle Mills(3)
  10. Tim Southee(1)
  11. Chris Martin(2)
Join us tomorrow at 10:00 for live coverage of day 1 of the 1st test between New Zealand and England.

Last edited:

Bibu07

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good story mate.
(Happy to see you are using some of my bats in it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread