7th Match, Group D: Delhi v Wayamba at Delhi

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Discussion for Delhi vs Wayamba

Watch out for:
Virender Sehwag: After a long injury lay-off, Sehwag showed signs of being back at his murderous best, clubbing four fours in a 15-ball 21 against Victoria. An hour of Sehwag in full flow is just what the Delhi crowd want.

Farveez Maharoof had a great first IPL season with Delhi but didn't much of a look-in this year. What better stage could he ask to prove his point to the Delhi brains trust? Also, his knowledge of the Delhi pitch and the squad could prove quite useful.

Sussex face stiff test, Delhi elimination | Cricket News | Champions League Twenty20 2009 | Cricinfo.com

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
So did Delhi only play 3 internationals the other night (Dilshan, Shah, Nannes)? Or was there someone else I missed?

McGrath must be their only other international right? That would be a big test for him to play, I'm not sure if he's in the best of shape right now. Still might be worth a punt, Sangwan didn't bowl in the first game anyway - so get the Pidge in there.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
GET MCGRATH IN THERE ALREADY! :facepalm

Sorry, kinda on over reaction but this is just stupidity.
Anyways, going to watch both the matches today, and managed to get passes to a fantastic seat as well! :D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
All their other Internationals are injured or playing elsewhere. Definitely worth giving McGrath a go see if he can get them into the next round. Wayamba won't be easy to beat with a lot of SL internationals in their side.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Yes, it makes sense. Even if Pidge can't bowl his 4 overs quota [I highly doubt that, he's been claiming time and again that he's very fit to do so], his 2-3 overs can make a big difference, his experience... oh what a bummer if they waste him again today.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
He'll manage 4 overs no problem, just a case of how economical he is in them. Problem is we haven't seen him bowl at the top level for a while since Delhi didn't even use his during the IPL.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Nannes and Pidge will make for a formidable attack, along with Ashish Nehra.

Yeah he should manage the 4 overs all right, the point is that why do Delhi make him sit at the benches when they have no intention of playing him. Hell he doesn't even sit in the dugout.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
What are you doing here. Go to stadium or you will be standing out.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I don't think the problem with McGrath has been economy so much as his impact. Due to his age and the amount of time he spends out of the game, he really only bowls medium pace. For games at home in Delhi however, it seems likely that accuracy at any pace will be difficult to face.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I think Mcgrath Should be given chance and Owasis Shah at 3 and not dilshan....

rahulkhush added 2 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

As it is they played on 3 foriegn players last match so may be Mcgrath can come in

Params7

International Cricketer
maiden first over. :noway

Params7 added 6 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Anybody needs a live online stream let me know

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
that's a big blow but no more than weledegra deserves.

good fielding by mubarack, I have a feeling we're going to see another side of him. always looks so scratchy in internationals but being captain of the team might bring out a responsible side in him.

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Sehwag, please introduce Mendis to the crowd in all parts of the ground.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Is he out? Following cricinfo and he seems to be going pretty well, just chipped a six off Mendis.

...AND ANOTHER! GO KKD GO!

...AND AGAIN! 3 IN A ROW, GO FOR THE FULL MONTY DINESH!

Users who are viewing this thread