A controller is REQUIRED to play on PC -XBOX PC Controller recommended

With all due respect to the gamepad. If this can mapped to a keyboard, the only way I see it is:
LAS-Up/Left/Down/Right
RAS-W/A/S/D
RT-Left Shift
LT-Space
RB-Left Alt
LB-Left Ctrl
R3-Leave
F-Run etc...

But the point is batting would be possible as a cutdown feature. But how on earth would one bowl with a keyboard. Even fielding might be possible but bowling wouldn't be feasible.
HENCE GAMEPAD is the only way to play the game. Get one for Rs.250, you get 6 months warranty. What more do you need?

Gamepad is best way....i tried to play with keyboard using ppjoy + glovepie.i was able to play on keyboard but its not as enjoyable as on gamepad.playing on gamepad is similar to holding a bat in real life..

and its Rs.200 only ..

Still don't understand how a thread with such a simple statement has ended up having 29 pages

Not counting the posts in other threads regarding keyboards/controllers/kidneys/first born/racist fish

Will something like either of these work? I'm thinking to bring my retired PS2's controllers back in business.

sku_0789_1.jpg

3443a.jpg

Gamepad is best way....i tried to play with keyboard using ppjoy + glovepie.i was able to play on keyboard but its not as enjoyable as on gamepad.playing on gamepad is similar to holding a bat in real life..

and its Rs.200 only ..

I did try ppjoy and glove pie (eager to see it in action:D) ,the odd thing is c07 recognises,but dbc Ca doesnt recognise it,

ps;my controller is on the way, hoping to get it by today:)

Will something like either of these work?

Just go and buy an XBOX controller. Some of you people trying to cheap out are only doing yourselves a disservice. Just go and buy a LEGIT controller! ...honestly.

Will something like either of these work? I'm thinking to bring my retired PS2's controllers back in business.

PS2 controllers didn't have analogue triggers... So you'd be missing out :-(

The Logitech ones like the F510/F710 are good choices too, as they use the Xinput standard that will make them fully functionally equivalent to the Xbox controller, and slightly cheaper.

Have a 25 ft cable that i use to play from the sofa and on a 55 incher with some better than average ht speakers. It does make it quite a bit more enjoyable :)

I know what you have done :yes
Mine is almost same. Except I am on recliner with 3d projector running it on screen size of approx 130 inches .. further adding Bose lifestyle speaker system .
It really does make it far more enjoyable :D

* Extra comfort making my streaks far below par ATM 31 max at legend till now

Last edited:
PS2 controllers didn't have analogue triggers... So you'd be missing out :-(

Well wait what? What exactly is an analogue trigger?
I'm absolutely sorry for the lame question. Not much into gaming for some years now. The last time I played a game on my PS2 was around 3 years ago, since then it's there in the cupboard. And the last time I bought a game for my PC was NBA2K11, so there is a genuine cut-off for me W.R.T gaming since years now.

This is how my PS2 controllers look like. Aren't analogue sticks (which can be pressed too) and analogue triggers the same thing?

ps2-controller.jpg

The fact that you can't distinguish between the analog triggers and sticks is enough to understand that your controller doesn't have them. Analog triggers are the shoulder buttons in PS3 controller or XBOX 360 controller which send data to the game based on how much they are pressed. Normal controller would send data about whether the button is pressed or not. Thats it.

The fact that you can't distinguish between the analog triggers and sticks is enough to understand that your controller doesn't have them. Analog triggers are the shoulder buttons in PS3 controller or XBOX 360 controller which send data to the game based on how much they are pressed. Normal controller would send data about whether the button is pressed or not. Thats it.

I could be wrong, but from memory all the buttons on the PS2 controller DID have a degree of pressure sensitivity (although most games weren't actually programmed to detect it!), but the triggers (L2/R2) on PS3/360 actually move, so you can more accurately set a number between, say, 1-100 instead of 1-10. It's a bit like the accelerator in a car vs the brake.

Users who are viewing this thread