A hope for the Beta Patch to work on the online bought games!!!!

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I had an idea few days ago and I finally gave it a try. I went to my friend's house and got his .exe file from the root directory in my flash drive. I uninstalled my Ashes Cricket 09 and then reinstalled it. I replaced my Ashes09.exe with the one I got from my friend since his is the one from the disk install. I then installed the patch and it worked. It successfully installed the patch and then when I went to play the game, it said wrong disk inserted. Well, I knew it would happen as its not my game and I don't have the disk for it. Then, after installing the patch, I replaced my .exe back and replaced the .exe I put in before. Now, I am back with my .exe file that I should get if I reinstall the game. Now Irun my game and it works but gets stuck on the loading screen that comes up in the beginning before all those videos of transmission, etc. I hope someone like AbBh can mess around with the .exe file and figure out how to get past that loading screen.

P

pcfan123

Should only be another month or so, hold your horses and be patient like us console users.

After all, console users represent 99% of the AC09 community , dont understand why you online download lot are so bloody impatient.

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Should only be another month or so, hold your horses and be patient like us console users.

After all, console users represent 99% of the AC09 community , dont understand why you online download lot are so bloody impatient.

one thing is that i am impatient for sure but another thing that doesn't let me rest is what if the final version of the patch is not compatible with the online versions? A guy from the Transmission games wrote in this forum that that place you brought your game from will release the patch which will be compatible with your game and i doubt that Stream will release any such thing.

Kabooka

International Cricketer

Because they got the InternetZ !!!

No, seriously everybody should be patient regarding the patch. Its a beautiful piece of code .

P

pcfan123

one thing is that i am impatient for sure but another thing that doesn't let me rest is what if the final version of the patch is not compatible with the online versions? A guy from the Transmission games wrote in this forum that that place you brought your game from will release the patch which will be compatible with your game and i doubt that Stream will release any such thing.

What I have gathered from DarkBoyBlunder's posts is that they are going to be looking at releasing the final patch for the downloadable versions.

Some one had emailed codies and gotten a different answer, but according to Rob, Codies have nothing to do with this patch anyways, so their answer is irrlelevant.

Nothing we can do but wait unfortunatly. Just think of how 99% of people who bought this game arent even beta testing and most arent even aware a patch is in the works.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Some one had emailed codies and gotten a different answer, but according to Rob, Codies have nothing to do with this patch anyways, so their answer is irrlelevant.

Not quite what Rob said before I get an e-mail from Jamie!

Gunner04

Club Cricketer

I've been waiting a decade for a decent cricket game so a month more isn't going kill. Having said that, I always purchase a game on PC if it is available in that format. I do this simply because patches/mods etc. are much more readily available than on consoles. Especially for sports games.

I'm disappointed since we're getting different stories about who's actually going to release the patch etc. That's not quite what I was expecting.

In any case, I've ordered the DVD version which should be here in a few days. Just can't be bothered with the silly games planet activation limits on the download version any more either.

I'm just wondering though, what percentage of the console owners even care about a patch ?

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
I get what you guys are trying to say but what is the harm in trying this? I know AbBh can make this work. I really care about this patch because I like this game but it doesn't seem to give me realistic feeling. All I get is catches by feilders. I want to play a match in which there is a player in the opposition who is well settled on the crease and he is almost about to snatch the game from my hand and suddenly, i come out with a yorker and knock off his off stump. In simpler words, i am tired of just catching dismissals and want LBWs and bowleds.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Relax, guys. I am 100% sure that TG will ensure the final patch works with all (legal) versions, whether they be retail or download. :)

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

I've been waiting a decade for a decent cricket game so a month more isn't going kill. Having said that, I always purchase a game on PC if it is available in that format. I do this simply because patches/mods etc. are much more readily available than on consoles. Especially for sports games.

I'm disappointed since we're getting different stories about who's actually going to release the patch etc. That's not quite what I was expecting.

In any case, I've ordered the DVD version which should be here in a few days. Just can't be bothered with the silly games planet activation limits on the download version any more either.

I'm just wondering though, what percentage of the console owners even care about a patch ?

If they want to enjoy the game at its best and not with messed up bounce, AI runout, borked edges and so on, I'm sure most of them will care!

Brook

Club Captain
Seriously fed up with these threads, who cares? Do something else.

P

pcfan123

The patch will address online quitting issues, so we are all waiting eagerly for it, regardless of which system we are on :)

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
The patch will address online quitting issues, so we are all waiting eagerly for it, regardless of which system we are on :)

As far as i'm concerned (having an Xbox 360) I couldn't care less about online quitters. Its the spinners and the massively aggressive AI which I need sorting out.

Brook

Club Captain
As far as i'm concerned (having an Xbox 360) I couldn't care less about online quitters. Its the spinners and the massively aggressive AI which I need sorting out.

Something in it for everyone I hope, online and offline. I think some more casual players might get a shock when the games get harder to slog everything and the line changes etc.

P

pcfan123

From what I have gathered, those issues are being addressed as well. I was just responding to Gunners question about whether or not console users care about the patch

Seriously fed up with these threads, who cares? Do something else.

Feel free not to click on them then :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread