A hope for the Beta Patch to work on the online bought games!!!!

Feel free not to click on them then :)

The only thing I would say is that the posts referring to downloaded versions of the game have been thoroughly answered, it hardly needs another inconclusive thread. But of course you have a perfectly valid point, I'll leave them alone :)

Why not just buy the retail version guys?

Places like The Hut sell it for 20 Pounds, including postage to everywhere in the world bar Russia!

Last edited:
Why not just but the retail version guys?

Places like The Hut sell it for 20 Pounds, including postage to everywhere in the world bar Russia!

Damn, I knew relocating to Vladivodstok was a bad idea at the time!:)

As far as i'm concerned (having an Xbox 360) I couldn't care less about online quitters. Its the spinners and the massively aggressive AI which I need sorting out.

You're actually the significant majority. Just not of people on this forum.

Why not just buy the retail version guys?

Try finding a retail copy in North America :( Our only options are download, or shady pirated versions on ebay.

Try finding a retail copy in North America :( Our only options are download, or shady pirated versions on ebay.

Or buying one online like all of us console users in the USA did. And we outnumber the PC users. So your complaint is not valid.

I love the way this is all coming out now that they can't play the patch. It's almost a brilliant move by TG, make an average cricket game, then patch it to make it very playable but at the same time pirated copies can't patch it.

I love the way this is all coming out now that they can't play the patch. It's almost a brilliant move by TG, make an average cricket game, then patch it to make it very playable but at the same time pirated copies can't patch it.

totally with you there mate, but the problem is not only pirots are getting hit :doh

totally with you there mate, but the problem is not only pirots are getting hit :doh

Hence the almost, sadly the collateral is people like you, but when the full patch arrives it'll all come together.

Damn, I knew relocating to Vladivodstok was a bad idea at the time!:)

You Idiot. :doh :P

I said they do postage!!! To around the world!!! 2 Pounds extra.

That's why I was one of the first people in Australia to get the game on PC :)

Gazza_11 added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

TheHut.com: Ashes Cricket 2009 PC

Gazza_11 added 3 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Or buying one online like all of us console users in the USA did. And we outnumber the PC users. So your complaint is not valid.

But do you out number us on PlanetCricket?

*Please say no, please say no, please say no*

Last edited:

Indeed, it's a very clever system.

What, has something happened to Hercule Pirot??

Only kidding, mate. :) ;)

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Well, just download it then, eh? ;)

Or order it in from Europe - I'm sure some online retailers deliver to the States without extortionate postage charges.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

I don't think that's the case here though... :)

Originally Posted by Isura
Try finding a retail copy in North America Our only options are download, or shady pirated versions on ebay.
I don't think that is any major problem here in U.S. I understand how hard it is to get cricket games here as I also have problems getting them here but Stream is always there. I bought BLIC 07 from there and Ashes Cricket 09 from there and it is really simple. You don't have to pay long shipping costs and you get it fast. The only problem is that we are also counted as pirates in the developer's view. Nt one of us who bought the game online could test out the beta patch. I am just waiting for the final patch and if that is not compatible with my game then I am going to get my refund in any way I can and then buy the DVD version game from somewhere.

Last edited:
Compare the amount of bitching from console users to the ones who downloaded.

I find it funny, especially after hearing that 99% of Ashes gamers are on console.

Well it's not 99% but it's high.
Were it not for the download version we'd know exactly who all the pirates are but this way we get a lot of self-righteous indignation leading me to believe that some doth protest too much...

Users who are viewing this thread