Story (Abandoned)Prelude to the Ashes: Australia Vs. Sri Lanka (C07) [New Idea Needed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Australia Vs. Sri Lanka - EA Sports Cricket 07
- PS2 Version. No Patches.
Logo.jpg
Logo-1.jpg

This 3 Mobile 3 Test Series, Proudly Presented by the Wide World of Sports on Channel 9. Offical Sponsors (Johnnie Walker, 3 Moblie, XXXX Gold and Toyota.)
9.jpg

3Mobile.jpg
JW.jpg
Toyota.jpg
XXXX.jpg

Fixtures -

22nd November, 2006 - 1st Test from Adelaide Oval.
30th November, 2006 - 2nd Test from the SCG.
10th December, 2006 - 3rd Test from the MCG.

Press Conference -

Australia -
Ricky Ponting "...Yeah, we're excited and ready for the challenge that the Sri Lankans will give us. They've come to Australia with high expectations and they will, surely, come at us from ball one...The decision from Muralitharan to come and tour Australia is a good one, for the crowds at least, I'm sure a few of our batsman would'nt of minded if he decided to stay home...But at the end of the day the focus will be on winning that first Test Match..."
Press-2.jpg

Captain Ricky Ponting shares a joke with the media

Sri Lanka -
Mahela Jayawardene "...We are very lucky that our best bowler is with us on the tour, he will surely take wickets for us and he is a magnificent player...We have not come here just to compete with the Australians, but to also win and play some good Test Match cricket...Yes, Shane Warne is a great bowler and we have been studying some tapes of his bowling from last years Ashes series, so we are well equipped..."
Press-1.jpg

Sri Lanka Captain Mahela Jayawardene and Coach Tom Moody

Action will start soon....​

Last edited:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Prematcheventscopy-1.jpg

MarkNicholos.jpg
Hello, I'm Mark Nicholas and I welcome you all to this 3 test series brought to you by 3 Mobile that will feature Australia and Sri Lanka. This series has been long awaited and the fans, I'm sure, can't wait to see some action. We'll go down to Ian Chappell who is with the two captains for the toss of the coin."

IanChappell.jpg
"Thank you Mark, Uhhh, your call Mahela,"
(Jaywawardene) "Tails"
(Chappell) "It's a Head, your call Ricky."
(Ponting) "Yeah, we'll have a bat Ian... It's a good pitch, nice and flat, a typical Adelaide oval pitch and we'll hope we can put a big total on the board and build from that.
(Chappell)"As you said, a good batting strip, bit it's a bit dry, and it's certainly going to crack later,which will make batting difficult and take a bit of turn as the match progressess."
(Ponting) "Yeah, your right Ian, lucky we have a great spinner in our side, and hopefully Warney will make full use of it in the final innings."
(Chappell) "Thank you Ricky....Mahela, OK with that decision?"
(Jayawardene) "Well, we would've had a bat too, but hopefully theres a bit of movement early on which will assist our bowlers and we will be hoping for an early breakthrough."
(Chappell) "Thank you Mahela..Back to you Mark Nicholas."

(Nicholas) "Thank you Ian, here are the line-ups for this match, Australia have gone in as expected but have had to leave out Shane Watson who has torn a medial ligament in his right shoulder, so another Queenslander, Andrew Symonds takes his spot...And Stuart Clark has secured that 3rd Seamer position. Sri Lanka have come into the match with and experienced batting line-up...while new ball sensation Latish Malinga has been included..whilst the big news is that Muttiah Muralitharan WILL play in this importnant first Test...Well, the openers are making there way out to the middle, the fans are waiting for the first ball..."

Line-Ups -

Australia

J.Langer
M.Hayden
R.Ponting (c)
M.Hussey
M.Clarke
A.Symonds
A.Gilchrist (wk)
S.Warne
B.Lee
S.Clark
G.McGrath
M.Johnson(12th man)

Sri Lanka
S.Jayasuria
M.Atapattu
M.Jayawardene (c)
T.Dilshan
T.Samaraweera
R.Arnold
K.Sangakarra (wk)
C.Vaas
N.Zoysa
L.Malinga
M.Muralitharan

Last edited:

Roofrom50

International Coach
Go Mitch Johson, should be in the team Griff :p

Good start mate, go Aussies

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Day1SessionOnecopy.jpg

Day One -1st Session

It's a bright sunny morning here today in Adelaide, its a good pitch, a good crowd, and we're all hoping to see some good cricket. Sri Lanka get an early wicket, the slingy Malinga bowls Hayden with a magnificent in-swinger, goes straight through bat and pad, and Sri Lanka get the early breakthrough they so desperately wanted. Ponting comes to the crease and blazes some fantastic pull shots and cover drives. But on 16, left-armer bowls a ball pitched outside leg stump that hits Ponting in line, a half-hearted appeal from behind the stumps... and umpire Alim Daar has given him! A dreadful decision and Australia are in trouble at 2-42. Hussey comes out and joins Langer, who is in a patient mood as they set to recover from these two early wickets. The two form a good partnership and recover the score to 2-72, with Hussey on 14* and Langer on very good 30* that has included some very fine leg glances. Malinga was expensive at times, but got the important wickets. There was encouraging signs there for the spinners, with Mural turning it a mile. However, the match is evenly poised as we come to lunch on day one.

Malinga.jpg

Malinga is estatic after claiming Matthew Hayden cheaply

Comming soon, an Interview with the injured Shane Watson....​

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Gud luck with the story :) Lankans started off well picking two imp wickets!

Hooper

ICC Board Member
cricketshow_header.jpg

Interview w/ Shane Watson, by Simon O'Donnell.
SimonO.jpg
O'Donnell: So mate, disappointed that you missed out on selection today?

Watson: Yeah, of course. It's really frustrating how my body keeps getting injured at important times in my career.

O'Donnell: It must be starting to worry you, knowing that you can basically walk into this Australian Test Team when you get your body right.

Watson: Well, I wouldn't say I could just "Walk into the team". Wearing the Baggy Green is an honor, and I want to feel that I have earned my place in the team. But your right, its does begin to get frustrating, knowing that if I could just get my body right and play good cricket, I can play for Australia.

O'Donnell: So what's the news on the shoulder mate?

Watson: Well, I have a small strain, just above the bicep, which hurts whenever I move it. The physio reckon its a 2 to 3 week injury if all goes well.

O'Donnell: So your aim is that 3rd Test match in Melbourne?
Watson: Yeah, but that's only if I'm 100% fit and I warrant a place in the side.

O'Donnell: Well Watto, it's been a pleasure having you on the show today and will catch up with you later in the series to get updates on that dodgy shoulder..
Watson: Hahaha...Ok mate, No worries.

O'Donnell: Well, the players have had there lunch so play will resume after this short break....
Watson.jpg

Injured All-Rounder speaks to the media about his injury

Day1Sessiontwocopy.jpg

Day One - 2nd Session

Hussey and Langer will be looking to build a good partnership here in the second session as the Sri Lankans will be hoping to get another Aussie scalp. But things are going well for the Australians as Hussey and Langer bring up the 100 in the 35th over. Captain Jayawardene brings in his spinners to try and grab a wicket. Langer continues to battle slowly as he starts the series well with a 50 from 131 balls which included 8 fours. Soon after this, Hussey and Langer bring up the 100 partnership, as close run out chance is missed by Dilshan. Muralitharan comes into the attack and is close to bowling Hussey with a deceptive doosra, that nearly clean bowls him. Hussey is given a life on 43 by Arnold at short leg as he spills a catch off the bowling of Muralitharan, could be costly. A few balls later, and Hussey brings up his 50 with a late cut, his coming from 102 deliveries, including 10 4's. This brings a close to a good session for the Australians as they pile on 92 runs in the session, Jayawardene looking for his bowlers, needing a wicket, as Langer is set and closing in on a 1st day Hundred.

Langer50.jpg

Opener Justin Langer, celebrating a fine 50.

Last edited:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Day1Session3.jpg
Day One - 3rd Session

The final session of the day starts off poorly for the Aussies as Langer goes, 2nd ball after Tea to Murali. Langer, trying to score some quick runs, tries to drive Murali down the ground, but only manages to get an outside edge, and give Sangakarra an easy catch. Langer gone for a well made 84. Michael Clarke strides out to the middle, looking for a big score in his first home Test match since the South Africans came here a year ago. Latish Malinga has Clarke first ball! Caught Behind! No, umpire says not out! Must have clipped his pad, nervous moment for young Clarke, Malinga furious. Another chance for the Sri Lankans as Hussey goes for quick single to backward square, Jayasuria has a shy at stumps but misses! Big let-off for Hussey who is creeping up to another hundred for Australia. These two batsman bring up the 200 in the 64th over, as Vaas has a dubious LBW shout turned down. then next over, Clarke edges a ball from Jayasuria, that should've gone to the fence, and is gone. Now, in comes Andrew Symonds, given a chance in thos first Test, due to the absence of Shane Watson. Symonds decides he isn't going to hang around and play it safe, a he smashes a Vaas over for 15! Which included 3 fours to the square leg and cover boundaries! But not long after this flourish from Symonds, he is gone for 31, another disappointing finish for Symonds. Sri Lanka now starting to get the upper hand. But Hussey brings up his hundred! Another fantastic innings from the Western Australian, the great form continues as he celebrates in fine style. It's been a well calculated and a very patient innings, his hundred coming of 181 balls that included 17 fours. This concludes the days play as the Sri Lankans leave the field, they will be content with what has happened, but know they could've had Hussey in the pavilion 57 runs earlier. Australia will be happy that they made 300 in the day, but a total of 450 would've been on there minds before the departure of Langer and Clarke.

Hussey-1.jpg

Hussey is ecstatic after reaching his hundred

JayaBowl.jpg

Jayasuria celebrates the wicket of Justin Langer

Not Out Batsman
Hussey 100*
Gilchrist 14*

Scorecard

M.Hayden b Malinga 4
J.Langer c Sangakarra b Muralitharan 84
R.Ponting lbw Dilshan 16
M.Hussey not out 100*
M.Clarke c Sangakarra b Jayasuria 19
A.Symonds c Muralitharan b Zoysa 30
A.Gilchrist not out 14*

Bowlers

Vaas 0-70
Malinga 1- 58
Zoysa 1-32
Muralitharan 1-50
Jayasuria 3-50

Last edited:

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Australia going only nicely. Just need this to keep ongoing. Probably look to declare at around 400-450 or end of first session - whichever comes first.

gamerkid22

National Board President
Aussies are going nicely at the moment and with two dangermen at the crease they will look to score somewhere near 500. Nice presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread