AC09 BIG Editor v1.0

guys i have splitted the async.big.w32 parts into 500mb chunks and th team names are there.......but in a complex way like india is given as....in**2dia

No idea about that. :spy

use hj split to split the file into 500mb chunks and then search for "ASI" with any hex editor......you will get this(ASI-A)
I AM SURE THAT THE TEAM NAMES ARE THERE SOMEWHERE........I AM STILL SEARCING FOR THE CORRECT ONE

Last edited:
use hj split to split the file into 500mb chunks and then search for "ASI" with any hex editor......you will get this(ASI-A)
I AM SURE THAT THE TEAM NAMES ARE THERE SOMEWHERE........I AM STILL SEARCING FOR THE CORRECT ONE

Errr.. I don't think using a "hex editor" is a good solution for a 1gig file... Maybe I am wrong but I think Abbh can confirm it

No, Team names are in Roster file (pretty sure) because I have changed the roster team names and they work!(but not stable)

No, Team names are in Roster file (pretty sure) because I have changed the roster team names and they work!(but not stable)
thats the problem...they are not stable...maybe bcoz the values do not match with the original ones............the team names have to be there somwhere else too because when we first start ashes cricket 2009, there is no user.dat and the game generates it from itself........and puts its default team names

sohamhzr added 5 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Errr.. I don't think using a "hex editor" is a good solution for a 1gig file... Maybe I am wrong but I think Abbh can confirm it

youare not editing a 1 gb file with hex editor......use softodown.com-Free-File-Splitter-v5.0.1189 and break the file into parts of 500 mb and then edit them

The async.big.w32 file contains compressed data. A hex editor is not going to solve any problems.

thats the problem...they are not stable...maybe bcoz the values do not match with the original ones............the team names have to be there somwhere else too because when we first start ashes cricket 2009, there is no user.dat and the game generates it from itself........and puts its default team names
You are right about the roster being stored in multiple places. The user.dat file is created by the game on first use. It is stored in the file global.db that can be extracted using the BIG editor.

I think that the file names for team kits are resolved by reading the team names from the roster. If that is the case and you rename Bangladesh to Bangalore, the game will look for kit files in characters/kits/bangalore/... which does not exist.

The async.big.w32 file contains compressed data. A hex editor is not going to solve any problems.

You are right about the roster being stored in multiple places. The user.dat file is created by the game on first use. It is stored in the file global.db that can be extracted using the BIG editor.

I think that the file names for team kits are resolved by reading the team names from the roster. If that is the case and you rename Bangladesh to Bangalore, the game will look for kit files in characters/kits/bangalore/... which does not exist.
can we edit these directories for kit files like characters/kits/bangladesh to characters/kits/bangalore?

Abbh,when i replaced texpack files for india in twenty 20.when i run the game,it came colourful that sometime it comes green,sometimes blue and etc etc.So when i open "india/twenty20/legs","india/twenty20/shirt",etc.It didn't came.Only the file which I have 'replaced in .dds format.That can only be replaced.So now i can't play india in twenty 20 format.So please help me.

abbh,when i replaced texpack files for india in twenty 20.when i run the game,it came colourful that sometime it comes green,sometimes blue and etc etc.so when i open "india/twenty20/legs","india/twenty20/shirt",etc.it didn't came.only the file which i have 'replaced in .dds format.that can only be replaced.so now i can't play india in twenty 20 format.so please help me.

mate the the odi kits are meant for odi so dont replace it with t20 kits ok .if you want to use odi kits in t20 then you have to import then extract the dds files from odi _s and _d are only required and then replace with t20.

Users who are viewing this thread