AC09 file formats

All sounds should be replaceable. Just a matter of figuring out the header to the file so we can import different files to replace. AbBh is also working on a different method of importing which will most likely be far, far easier than me figuring out the .w32 file format!

All sounds should be replaceable. Just a matter of figuring out the header to the file so we can import different files to replace. AbBh is also working on a different method of importing which will most likely be far, far easier than me figuring out the .w32 file format!

That will be very very nice. Do you have a time-frame that you think you will be able to start implementing things or is it still too early to say? Another question which you might or might not be able help me with: have you played around with the AI fielding settings displayed in user dat? Do you think that that is a way in or am I just wasting my time trying to mess about with it!? Thanks for your time and work.:)

It's too early to give a timeframe for getting files imported directly into the .w32 file. We are working on it - that's all I can give you at the moment I'm afraid!

I have not looked at the AI field settings as yet. If you can give me a list of what's wrong with each one I can have a look at fixing them though.

It's too early to give a timeframe for getting files imported directly into the .w32 file. We are working on it - that's all I can give you at the moment I'm afraid!

I have not looked at the AI field settings as yet. If you can give me a list of what's wrong with each one I can have a look at fixing them though.

Okay thanks. I shall see what I can do this weekend. The problem with the AI is they leave far to many gaps. That wouldn't be so bad if they were to actually bowl to the field. They leave gaps in the off-side to tempt you into a shot but then bowl on the pads making it very easy to score runs on the leg-side. It also takes them ages to plug a gap and stop the flow of runs. I just don't know whether this is patchable; my idea would be to actually change the default fielding settings to plug those gaps for them because I imagine changing the bowling line would be much too complicated!:p

Extracting sounds is pretty easy. Attached some of the sounds that I dumped from the memory. These are original ones used in the game. Of course, if they can be extracted, they can be replaced as well. Deciding on a efficient way to implement it.

Attachments

• sounds.rar
    338.5 KB · Views: 35
We understand that playing with the AI, etc could be a waste of time right now, given that the patch will change the game again, rendering such work useless, but what about graphics and sounds? Can they be changed and still be relied upon to work properly after the patch? If we could get some graphics and sound patches for now, it'd be better than nothing, while we wait for the patch.

Yeah, they can be modified regardless of the changes to the game. I'm trying to use game independent methods.

Man those sounds are retarted. Why is there a sound which says "STOP IT" like someone's going to kill someone? Anyway, nice work extracting them.

I'm able to import sounds as well now. Working on a importer.

Great work AB. When do you think you'll be finished? Have you gotten around to importing other things such as faces, kits. Anyway, keep up the good work:)

keep up the great work AB.. lets just hope a editor is released soon so we can add kits/faces and bats into the game..

anyone know whether we can edit the TV overlays in ashes 09?

Great work AB. When do you think you'll be finished? Have you gotten around to importing other things such as faces, kits. Anyway, keep up the good work:)
Can't say about that. I'll post it when its done. The sound importer is actually based on the code I was writing for the texture importer. So I'm on my way towards cracking that as well. But thats a more complicated process so I think I'll release the sound editor first.

Has anyone noticed a lock file getting created during the game,

x:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Cricket2009.exe.lock

From my understanding, this is to indicate that an instance of program is running already.

And some of the files that has been used during linking,

E:\pulse\data\work\Cricket+2008+-+PC+Code\incremental\cricket2008\Development\Objects\Win32\Cricket2008_Lumped\Release\Cricket2009.pdb
setupapi.pdb
cryptui.pdb
apphelp.pdb
wininet.pdb
dinput8.pdb
crypt32.pdb
wintrust.pdb
imagehlp.pdb
mydocs.pdb
userenv.pdb
dsound.pdb

Definitely .PDB files should have the entire debugging & state information and they are created when linking of the object files happen. My surprise is, the absolute path being used in linking, i.e 'E:\...'. :eek: From my understanding, when the first search takes place in our E drive(absolute path), & definitely information won't be available ( I have searched in my hard drives whether any information is stored or decompressed during the execution & I didn't find any ). When the embedded path doesn't provide the information, then a search takes place in the location relative to exe file. Probably, the objects are present in that .w32 file.

1) Is there any similar compressions which VC++ can execute? like jar files. The file should open if we can identify that.
2) I can also see that, AC09 programming should have more performance issues from my knowledge by default. Slow running of the game might be due to this reason too which is independent of our computer specs. To enable protection, they have done a long route linking method and thereby slowing down the game.

Users who are viewing this thread