Digicel Pitchad.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Npower Ashes Stumps.jpg
    Npower Ashes Stumps.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Natwest Pitchad.jpg
    Natwest Pitchad.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 19
I've seen game previews of some people from the Downloads thread with those logos changed into the official ones. Have a look their.

EDIT: Here's an example. Oh and here is a Pakistan preview.

is there a way to keep crowd sound on even when turning it off in graphic optios?

Yes,

Open file "Display.opt" from My Documents/MyGames/Codemasters/Ashes Cricket 2009

After Graphics detail, enter "0" and after CrowdsEnable, enter "1".

I think it should work.

Yes,

Open file "Display.opt" from My Documents/MyGames/Codemasters/Ashes Cricket 2009

After Graphics detail, enter "0" and after CrowdsEnable, enter "1".

I think it should work.

Thanks for this! At last the game can run smoothly on my laptop without me having to playa game that sounds like I am playing inside Tjernobyl Reactor Number 4!:)

Just a little update. It seems Codemasters are using reverse pyschology when it comes to the graphics options numbering; so 2 is the least, 1 medium and 0 high. So if you want the sounds of the crowds with no crowd graphics its is crowdenable = 1 graphicsdetails = 2. this is on my game at least the case and may be different for others...who knows!

Last edited by a moderator:
What I really want is crowd sound without the crowd on high settings, think it is possible?

So if you want the sounds of the crowds with no crowd graphics its is crowdenable = 1 graphicsdetails = 2. this is on my game at least the case and may be different for others...who knows!

What I really want is crowd sound without the crowd on high settings, think it is possible?

Ah good point! That would be good! I am not sure it is possible in the current parameters of the graphics data file.:(

Any more progress updates, guys? Is there light at the end of the editing tunnel yet?

Any more progress updates, guys? Is there light at the end of the editing tunnel yet?

Unfortunately my little experiments seem to state that you cannot have your cake and eat it. (Which I have always found a strange experession anyway, but ho hum.) It seems you can either have sound of crowd on low graphics with no visual crowd but you cant have sound of crowd with no visual crowd on medium or high, which is a shame because the crowd is a real memory eater and quite frankly not worth the space. To be fair I like the way they stand up and sit down and clap but it's like they are being giving instructions from afar, or like some kind of North Korean crowd control thing. And I just love the way about half the crowd will put there hand on their chin in a mass showing of contemplation about whether or not the ball would have hit the stumps. Classic stuff!

Sorry Dutchad, I meant about the AI/graphics/sound and so on. The crowd's fine for me, luckily. :)

Users who are viewing this thread