AC09 file formats

One of the textures that I extracted from the demo.

Out of curiosity, I want to ask, how did you open that folder with extension W32 and extract this template? :eek: You are genious!:hpraise

Out of curiosity, I want to ask, how did you open that folder with extension W32 and extract this template? You are genious!
Probably a Magic trick!:p

Seriously, he has extracted from the memory. I am sure this is a first step towards success.

He is really a genius. First the Demo Extender and now breaking the chamber of the data.

Last edited:
No, I didn't bother with the w32 file. It looks like a proprietary format. That was done with DirectX hooking.

Well I also tried my hand on editing in a complicated way. Here are some textures I extracted from the game. Sorry for watermark but I have to put so that it will be just for viewing purpose now. I'll post the without watermark one also if the mods will confirm me that this is legal.

The face texture is of Kevin Pietersen. ;)

tex2z.jpg

texkev.jpg

tex1.jpg

Hitterman added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

The quality of the textures is brilliant!

Hmm, well I managed to find mostly junk like textures used in menus. Seems like you've hit the jackpot. Mind explaining the "complicated" method you used?

Last edited:
Great!

First things on your list, besides the faces should be:

Correct stumps/pitchads

The ball (someone said it reminded them of an orange training ball and I reckon it looks like an old ball in the demo. Grab the one from BLIC 2007 for the new ball, that was perfect.)
That depends on what is/isn't officially patched. If serious gameplay issues left unresolved he has to work on those first. No point having nice faces, pitchads etc if gameplay broken (only in tests it seems, but game is called Ashes Cricket so tests should have better gameplay than one dayers) ;)

That depends on what is/isn't officially patched. If serious gameplay issues left unresolved he has to work on those first. No point having nice faces, pitchads etc if gameplay broken (only in tests it seems, but game is called Ashes Cricket so tests should have better gameplay than one dayers) ;)

What, do you seriously think he can do anything about the gameplay? Good news if he can. :) The reason I mentioned the graphical stuff first is because I thought that P.C. members can't do anything about this particular game's gameplay issues.

Okay, in my quest to find an explanation for Hitterman's inexplicable feat I found a tool called TexMod that already does most of the things that I was trying to accomplish. TexMod lets you extract the textures from the game. It was made for Tomb Raider but apparently works with other DirectX 9 based games too. It can be downloaded here. And a tutorial is available here. I tested this with the demo and it does work. It should work with the full game as well.

AbBh added 9 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

What, do you seriously think he can do anything about the gameplay?
I take that as an insult :p. Everything is possible with reverse engineering. I'll try my best but it'll be harder than cracking EA's games.

Last edited:
I take that as an insult :p. Everything is possible with reverse engineering. I'll try my best but it'll be harder than cracking EA's games.

Was probably meant to make you feel insulted so that you try even harder to achieve the improbable :p

Okay, in my quest to find an explanation for Hitterman's inexplicable feat I found a tool called TexMod that already does most of the things that I was trying to accomplish. TexMod lets you extract the textures from the game. It was made for Tomb Raider but apparently works with other DirectX 9 based games too. It can be downloaded here. And a tutorial is available here. I tested this with the demo and it does work. It should work with the full game as well.

AbBh added 9 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

No offence intended, friend! Good luck with it and if you can, do something about the bounce of the pitch as well. As far as the demo goes, it appears to have too much bounce with fuller deliveries and not enough with shorter pitched stuff. I don't know if you've noticed that with the full game?

Users who are viewing this thread