AC09 file formats

I forgot to mention that TexMod lets you put modified textures back in the game as well. So if anyone can confirm that it works with the full game, modders can start making faces, bats, kits etc.

No offence intended, friend! Good luck with it and if you can, do something about the bounce of the pitch as well. As far as the demo goes, it appears to have too much bounce with fuller deliveries and not enough with shorter pitched stuff. I don't know if you've noticed that with the full game?
None taken. I don't have the full game yet but will look into the issues as soon as my copy arrives. If not me, someone more capable should surely be able to fix the issues. Its far from impossible.

None taken. I don't have the full game yet but will look into the issues as soon as my copy arrives. If not me, someone more capable should surely be able to fix the issues. Its far from impossible.
We know you are more than capable AB ;). I feel you will definitely be needed to solve some of the test match issues unless a patch from the developers arrives in the next few weeks

So this means we can make faces as we can build the package after we edit the files. Thanks AbBh for this great find.

Yeah, you'll have to extract the face you want to replace first. Modify it and then make it into a package. The only limitation I can see is that the game may only have a limited number of generic unlicensed faces, so unique faces for everyone might not be possible with it.

I forgot to mention that TexMod lets you put modified textures back in the game as well. So if anyone can confirm that it works with the full game, modders can start making faces, bats, kits etc.

Are you guys computer programmers, or something? I mean, you were able to take EA Ckt 07 and transform it into something you could actually have a little fun with; what will you be able to do with this game, which is already far better than both BLIC 2007 and EA Ckt 07?

It's going to be fun coming along for the ride. I'd help if I could, but my expertise is in performing, not computers. :)

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Yeah, you'll have to extract the face you want to replace first. Modify it and then make it into a package. The only limitation I can see is that the game may only have a limited number of generic unlicensed faces, so unique faces for everyone might not be possible with it.

Do you reckon you'll be able to use some of the faces you made for Ckt 07, to save yourselves some time?

Also, you were able to decide how many overs the demo bowled. Could you alter how many overs there are per session in the full game, so that games go for five days more often, or would that cause issues with the rate of pitch deterioration, assuming you were able to do it in the first place?

Last edited:
Are you guys computer programmers, or something? I mean, you were able to take EA Ckt 07 and transform it into something you could actually have a little fun with; what will you be able to do with this game, which is already far better than both BLIC 2007 and EA Ckt 07?

Yeah, I am a programmer with a special interest in reverse engineering i.e. modifying existing software. Can't say what can be modified until I've looked at the code. AC09 isn't as friendly as EA C07 was so it'll be a difficult task.

Do you reckon you'll be able to use some of the faces you made for Ckt 07, to save yourselves some time?
Also, you were able to decide how many overs the demo bowled. Could you alter how many overs there are per session in the full game, so that games go for five days more often, or would that cause issues with the rate of pitch deterioration, assuming you were able to do it in the first place?
The face textures are different from that of Cricket 07 so faces wont be completely reusable. Unique faces might not be possible anyway due to the limitation I mentioned above, but kits, ads, stumps etc should be pretty much editable.
Overs per session can be easily changed but its side effects can't be known without looking at the code.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am a programmer with a special interest in reverse engineering i.e. modifying existing software.

The face textures are different from that of Cricket 07 so faces wont be completely reusable. Unique faces might not be possible anyway due to the limitation I mentioned above, but kits, ads, stumps etc should be pretty much editable.
Overs per session can be easily changed but its side effects can't be known without looking at the code.

OK, thanks. Good luck with it: maybe there's a variable you can play with to change the deterioration of the pitch to suit the shorter days. And then there's the time issue as well, we don't want days finishing at 1.30pm, do we? ;) Still, not the most important thing, but it's good to know that you think you can work your magic on this game.

One other thing, I might be wrong, but didn't Lazy write something for BLIC 2007 that altered the bounce and slowed down the AI's scoring rate?

I wonder if there's a way to change the AI's/human's timing window when trying to hit sixes? That way, they'll be much harder to hit and you'll be more likely to get out. In real life, if you want to hit a six, you have to get the timing pretty much spot on (or top edge it), don't you?

Maybe that's something for Transmission to look at for the next game, or in the patch? Unless you genius people can think of something. :)

Unique faces might not be possible anyway due to the limitation I mentioned above, but kits, ads, stumps etc should be pretty much editable.
Couldn't you detect the sides that are playing and replace them on that basis? The only issue I can think of there is overlaps within the two teams.

Yeah, that is possible. TexMod doesn't seem to support something like that though. I have been learning D3D for educational purposes and was already working on a similar tool which would allow hot swapping textures based on conditions. While its in development, I think TexMod can be used for modifying kits etc.

I remember doing editing of files in the package itself in EA C05. Looks like this will be similar job.

I have managed to grab some shades and texture from a frame. Lets see how it goes. Need to find my 3DS Max.

Here are two files you might like :)

e71afcc5.jpg

0b6b2157.jpg

or this!
i am started demo editing :D,thanks AbBh,
i extracted many files like the codemasters picthad,transmission's Stump textures,Logos, it is easy :D

Attachments

• CRICKET2009.jpg
    CRICKET2009.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread