AC09 file formats

Request to Abhinav: Quite a few of us play the game on "Low" Graphic Details which forces "Crowd" to off. Would it be somehow possible to enable Crowd/Atmosphere sounds for people who play on Low settings ? :(

Great news is I am able to extract some Models too.

Hitterman added 4 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

I've not tried yet but it might be to do with the fact we have Directx 11.
Yes. This is compatible with DirectX 9.0 and 10.

I have extracted 569 textures through my technique. This includes all English/Aussie players faces.

Great news is I am able to extract some Models too.

Hitterman added 4 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Yes. This is compatible with DirectX 9.0 and 10.

I have extracted 569 textures through my technique. This includes all English/Aussie players faces.

and whats that technique..?

It's intercepting the buffer during the runtime of an application which uses Direct X. Thanks to my coaching friends for helping me with this.

Can someone suggests me that is there any small application available which allows you to view the 3D Max files? I want to view the models extracted.

@AbBh: I haven't used this tool as I have never played Tomb Raider :p

It's intercepting the buffer during the runtime of an application which uses Direct X. Thanks to my coaching friends for helping me with this.

can you please give us steps to do that..?

also can you please do me a favour by providing any kit texture..

can you please give us steps to do that..?
I won't be able to explain you as I am also not perfect and sometimes it gives textures with different colors.

I am just trying to disable Shader Model 3.0 for a while and then I'll extract the textures.

Can someone suggests me that is there any small application available which allows you to view the 3D Max files? I want to view the models extracted.

When I extracted textures using my ripper program it gave dds output for textures. Used IrfanView for viewing it. Whats the extension of your files?

Never said that you used it. I only said that applications were available which let you do that. And its very believable that someone who is clueless about d3d hooking is able to extract textures and models using his own "techniques".
Well applications are available for everything and there are 1000s of applications which allows you to do this. And there are some of my online friends too who have helped me in doing this in an easier way along with my coaching friends.

Well I am okay with my so called "techniques" and I am happy with it. Thanks for this new tool anyways. This at least allows me to put the textures back also.

Anyone has 3DS Max? I need someone who can test the models I have extracted from the game as I don't have 3DS and the demo is 700MB big which is impossible for me.

There is another tool which I found but it doesn't seems to working for me :(. I have attached it.

Attachments

• 40_3dripper.zip
    542.7 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
3D Ripper DX if you can use it.

3D Ripper DX if you can use it.
That's also a fantastic program. I've used it in past in extracting textures from Burnout. Sad thing is that it is not working in my Vista in which my Ashes Cricket Demo is there so I haven't tested it yet.

This tool also extracts the models and shaders. I'll be installing XP soon then I'll be able to use this one also.

Works on my Vista. Texmod though does not work.

Request to Abhinav: Quite a few of us play the game on "Low" Graphic Details which forces "Crowd" to off. Would it be somehow possible to enable Crowd/Atmosphere sounds for people who play on Low settings ? :(

Yes, that is weird. Doesn't affect me, but it would be good if lower end PC folk could actually hear the crowd!

Users who are viewing this thread