AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

Well I can only say how pleased I am to have been proven wrong regarding the support for the game. Well done Transmission for this.
I've only had a quick blast but the bowling is definitely better, the spinners work now and pace seems correct.
I agree that the batting seems easier on normal but as I said this was only a quick blast so I will move to hard and start a test tomorrow and see how that goes.
Might even move pc through to living room to enjoy the benefits of a big screen.:banana2

Hi, has the issue of hitting offside pitched bowling to leg side been fixed?

Great to see that so many people are enjoying the patch. I am really happy that Transmission have made a great attempt in making this game much better. Sadly, I cannot play with the patch as runs are too easily scored, which is a shame, as the bugs that were present in the original are all gone.

Regardless of my own personal problems with the patch, it is great to see that Transmission have put so much effort to improve the game.

Great to see that so many people are enjoying the patch. I am really happy that Transmission have made a great attempt in making this game much better. Sadly, I cannot play with the patch as runs are too easily scored, which is a shame, as the bugs that were present in the original are all gone.

Regardless of my own personal problems with the patch, it is great to see that Transmission have put so much effort to improve the game.

Have you tried reducing your batsmen's stats? That will surely work.

Has the bug where the bowlers leg breaks the stump been addressed? This prevents us from bowling close to the stumps and is taking a vital part of the game away.

Has the bug where the bowlers leg breaks the stump been addressed? This prevents us from bowling close to the stumps and is taking a vital part of the game away.
This has been addressed.

Have you tried reducing your batsmen's stats? That will surely work.
I think I might well try reducing the strength, just hope it works as the patch is pretty darn near perfect...just wished I didn't keep hitting everything for 4's and 6's too easily and my brother too who was crap on the pre-patch version.

End of day two:

Cricket20092009-09-2200-34-51-67.png

Once again I've batted (and run) like a plonker and paid the price. :D Scoring has felt easier this time, but as Sureshot said earlier, if you lose concentration for just a moment, you're in trouble. Only played two or three lofted shots and that resulted in a couple of sixes. I'll probably do a T20 and smash everything and see how fast I can score at some point, but it does seem a little easy to clear the rope. Even a poorly timed lofted shot nearly cleared the ropes.

In general the AI seamers bowls too wide, giving you plenty of opportunity to cut and drive off the back foot. Driving off the back foot is a touch risky though, that's how I've lost a number of my wickets. The AI spinners bowl too full and wide.

Despite too many scoring opportunities and a couple of other things, this has been the most satisfying day of cricket gaming I can remember, fantastic. Didn't a few of us say there was a good cricket game screaming to get out when BLIC 2005 came out? Well, here it is. :)

stevie are you restraining yourself so you don't score too quickly?

End of day two:

Good job thus far. If you can just get a lower-order batting partnership together - nice and patient, this match may well go deep into a Day 4. Or perhaps early on Day 5! Looking forward to your next update.

Patch seems great. So far from what I've seen the AI looks very impressive. I played a 50 over ODI and the AI waited till late to 'let rip', the pace of their innings was very realistic.

Brook said:
stevie are you restraining yourself so you don't score too quickly?

I'm playing it like a test match. Unless it's a really bad ball, I'm not using lofted shots. I could score way quicker than I have been, but it would be risky because a lot of balls are outside off stump and back of a length. I also don't move the batsmen around the crease or advance down the wicket. There is a big score around the corner and it'll probably come pretty quickly, I've just got to concentrate a little harder. When that score comes I'll reduce the ability of my batsmen with Colin's player editor.

If this was the original version of the game I'd probably have at least 600 odd from 40-50 overs (no exaggeration). With the patch, you feel like you need to/should play properly, at least I do anyway. If you play each ball on its merits then you'll have some good games. If you just go after everything then you can't expect to have good games. At the end of the day you get back what you put into it.

Just for comparison, before I completely gave up on the original version of the game, I'd set it up so my batsmen had 0 for timing and no more than 30 for power and it was still way too easy. There was just no way I'd have been 280 all out & 222 for 7 without the patch.

Final notes for the day:
1. AI not taking easy runs. However, I would rather this than a repeat of the horror show pre-patch.
2. Bowlers constantly changing between over and round the wicket, no matter if it's a right hander or a left hander on strike.
3. AI seamers bowl too wide whilst AI spinners bowl too full and wide. I haven't seen a single yorker yet either.
4. Lofted shots are too effective.
5. Too many AI no balls.
6. Too easy to bowl no balls yourself. Maybe I just suck. :p
7. AI needs to hold more catches.

End of day two:

Cricket20092009-09-2200-34-51-67.png

Once again I've batted (and run) like a plonker and paid the price. :D Scoring has felt easier this time, but as Sureshot said earlier, if you lose concentration for just a moment, you're in trouble. Only played two or three lofted shots and that resulted in a couple of sixes. I'll probably do a T20 and smash everything and see how fast I can score at some point, but it does seem a little easy to clear the rope. Even a poorly timed lofted shot nearly cleared the ropes.

In general the AI seamers bowls too wide, giving you plenty of opportunity to cut and drive off the back foot. Driving off the back foot is a touch risky though, that's how I've lost a number of my wickets. The AI spinners bowl too full and wide.

Despite too many scoring opportunities and a couple of other things, this has been the most satisfying day of cricket gaming I can remember, fantastic. Didn't a few of us say there was a good cricket game screaming to get out when BLIC 2005 came out? Well, here it is. :)

Wow!

Stevie, since you've got to the end of day two, have you seen any signs of weather changing from cloudy to sunny for example, either at the end of a day, or session to session?

Some more feedback from me:

AI still don't duck bouncers enough - play backward defensive to them.

The bug where a short ball bowled in the yellow zone of meter called a no-ball is still there (it usually happens after you've bowled one bona-fide overhead wide, but then it keeps calling short balls no ball).

Some lofted shots on first morning of a test, but the AI weren't going crazy.

'Invisible' edges are still in - I had three that would've had me smashing an appeal button, but they were called as edges, not LBW appeals.

Batsmen still do take on risky runs occasionally, there was almost a run-out, but it was a calculated risk that could've gone wrong - like in real cricket. No sign of AI suicide-o-runs.

AI frequently turn down easy singles though - there was even a chance to get my first byes, but the AI didn't run.

The stamina of human controlled bowlers seems to be fixed - they're not half-dead after a few overs anymore.

Some nice play/misses by the AI.

Good pacing, this is very realistic Test cricket, the best I've played. Only thing missing are some leg byes and more LBW shouts.

'50 partnership' mentioned, but not 50/100up for team.

Swann was getting a bit too much spin for 1st morning, 1st day of a test, but the AI are playing him realistically - no more slogging everything he bowls, so bowling with a spinner is now a lot of fun!

There's still a lot of slow down at the lunchtime scoreboard, but that must surely be down to the game loading the 'afternoon' sky textures/lighting?

Now, that might not have sounded too good, so feast your eyes on these beauties!

battingscorecardlunch1s.png

bowlingscorecardlunch1s.png

The batting/bowling scoreboards at lunch. Howzaaaaat!!!!

Apologies to anyone expecting some other kind of 'beauties'. This is a family forum! Oh ok, go on then:

jessica-rabbit-real.jpg

:D :D :D

Loving Ashes Cricket 2009!

Edit: Sorry about the huge size of the piccies!! I tried 'reduce for website' on another forum, and the shots came out tiny... I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to posting screenies!! So, let's try that one again...

Last edited:
Wow!

Stevie, since you've got to the end of day two, have you seen any signs of weather changing from cloudy to sunny for example, either at the end of a day, or session to session?

It's been sunny all the time so far.

Edit: Sorry about the huge size of the piccies!! I tried 'reduce for website' on another forum, and the shots came out tiny... I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to posting screenies!! So, let's try that one again...

I just reduce the size of my pictures in paint and upload them to photobucket. Go image>resize/skew and change the percentage in the resize bit. :) Don't save as a jpeg though, it'll look horrible!

It's been sunny all the time so far.

I just reduce the size of my pictures in paint and upload them to photobucket. Go image>resize/skew and change the percentage in the resize bit. :) Don't save as a jpeg though, it'll look horrible!

Cheers. So what should I save them as then, .bmp?

Edit: 'Reduce size for message board' did the trick, but making them smaller in paint will probably speed up their upload speed.

MasterBlaster76 added 13 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Patch seems great. So far from what I've seen the AI looks very impressive. I played a 50 over ODI and the AI waited till late to 'let rip', the pace of their innings was very realistic.

Excellent, so the ODIs are improved as well. Anyone played a Twenty/20 yet?

Users who are viewing this thread