AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

just a question how will the patch fix the online quitting problem when final version is released

O ye also all the transmisson guys i was just hoping that all these comments and issues that need to be sorted and all the notches you have done for the pc beta will be taken into account and will be contained in the console version as i am a 360 owner and i just wanted to make sure that the pc and the 360 version are both treated with the same respect and there are no differences in pc and console as its only fair that were treated equally, im just checking?.

And i wanted to thank transmission and shizzle for a great job to which they seem to have done by my impressions of reading feeback. I did have my doubts about a patch being reeased and even a patch suceeding but it seems you have come out on top, but i have not played it but as i said impressions are good. And if this is naything to go buy the final patch released should be out of this world for a cricket game.

Once again thanks cant wait for the 360 patch

I think that the 360 patch should be fine, according to Rob 99% of people who have it have the console version, so I imagine it should get the same respect.

O ye also all the transmisson guys i was just hoping that all these comments and issues that need to be sorted and all the notches you have done for the pc beta will be taken into account and will be contained in the console version as i am a 360 owner and i just wanted to make sure that the pc and the 360 version are both treated with the same respect and there are no differences in pc and console as its only fair that were treated equally, im just checking?.

And i wanted to thank transmission and shizzle for a great job to which they seem to have done by my impressions of reading feeback. I did have my doubts about a patch being reeased and even a patch suceeding but it seems you have come out on top, but i have not played it but as i said impressions are good. And if this is naything to go buy the final patch released should be out of this world for a cricket game.

Once again thanks cant wait for the 360 patch

I'd image that everyone will get the same patch, this isn't EA Sports who take a dump on PC users while giving console users a game they deserve.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

just a question how will the patch fix the online quitting problem when final version is released

Read the first post of the thread. ;)

I'd image that everyone will get the same patch, this isn't EA Sports who take a dump on PC users while giving console users a game they deserve.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Read the first post of the thread. ;)

Lmao good point, thanks for the help you and brook.

is it for ps3 version also

Yes, on this topic 360 and PS3 go hand in hand really, it's a question of PC patching versus console patching in terms of time. However this beta is not for the PS3 and the console patch won't be ready for a month.

Hi guys,

Please do not contacted customer support in regards to beta issues or feedback, they won't know anything of it as this is an unsupported release. Just to clarify, this is the nature of beta versions, there are no guarantees. This beta process is being conducted between Transmission Games, Planet Cricket and our producer Jamie from Codemasters. It's not however officially backed up with Codemasters customer support, they'll essentially not know what you're talking about.

I apologize, it was an oversight on my part that we patched the retail DVD version only, as it was the only distribution prepared by Transmission Games (the Steam and Gamesplanet ones were prepared and distributed by Codies). I'll contact the appropriate person at Codemasters to see if its possible and how much work would be involved in preparing a patch distribution for the Steam and Gamesplanet versions. I'll do what I can, but more than likely it will mean that you'll have to wait for the final v1.1 patch rather than participating in the open beta.

Keep in mind this is also currently the case for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 owners, who represent the overwhelming majority (~99%) of those who purchased our game. We're not playing favourites with the retail DVD owners, it's just a practical and logistical thing. The point is to get a wider spread of testing than would be possible by Codemasters QA alone, so we can hopefully deliver a better end result for everyone with the final v1.1 patch.

For the non-Steam and Gamesplanet versions of the game, if you're unable to apply the patch, it means you are playing a modified or pirated version of the game. If you genuinely didn't know this was a pirated copy, please consider purchasing the official product as its only official purchases that make it possible for us to develop this game, and our PC sales to date have been seriously, seriously impacted by piracy.

If you did know you purchased a pirated copy, (or could've guess by the cheap price), stop being a jerk and consider the wonderful benefits to your karma for supporting us while we're working hard to support you! You may not realize just how much seriously hard work goes into developing a commercial game by a lot of professionals who are only able to do this with the support of those who purchase our product. You'll also have the added benefit of enjoying the patch open beta immediately.

Thanks for the feedback so far too, we hope you're enjoying it! :happy

Cheers,

Rob.

(Apologies for the double post!)

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the clarification. I really appreciate what you and the TR team have done in listening to feedback and making this patch. As long as the final version of the patch is compatible with the official Steam/Gamesplanet versions, I have no problem waiting. I'll stop my rant on this issue.

What about the poor old Wii users - are they getting a patch? Can they get patches? :)

What are the spinners like now to play against? If anyone's made videos, could they post the links here? Right now, the AI doesn't want to put on a spinner...

What about the poor old Wii users - are they getting a patch? Can they get patches? :)

What are the spinners like now to play against? If anyone's made videos, could they post the links here? Right now, the AI doesn't want to put on a spinner...

They've got Gusto Games, who we've heard nothing from, so not looking so good. Also never heard of Wii patching.

On this topic can people put up videos for people who don't have the patch, so we can see how it looks.

Rob,

As for the admins, can we now ban all those who said they got the patch compatibility error? no difference between them and a common theif.

Don't know what you've been smoking, but that's just a stupid statement.

The wii version is a completely different game by a different developer. Dont even know if it needs a patch, I have barely heard anyone talking about playing that version.

Was always going to be a flop as it did not use motion plus or have online play.

Hi guys,

Please do not contacted customer support in regards to beta issues or feedback, they won't know anything of it as this is an unsupported release. Just to clarify, this is the nature of beta versions, there are no guarantees. This beta process is being conducted between Transmission Games, Planet Cricket and our producer Jamie from Codemasters. It's not however officially backed up with Codemasters customer support, they'll essentially not know what you're talking about.

I apologize, it was an oversight on my part that we patched the retail DVD version only, as it was the only distribution prepared by Transmission Games (the Steam and Gamesplanet ones were prepared and distributed by Codies). I'll contact the appropriate person at Codemasters to see if its possible and how much work would be involved in preparing a patch distribution for the Steam and Gamesplanet versions. I'll do what I can, but more than likely it will mean that you'll have to wait for the final v1.1 patch rather than participating in the open beta.

Keep in mind this is also currently the case for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 owners, who represent the overwhelming majority (~99%) of those who purchased our game. We're not playing favourites with the retail DVD owners, it's just a practical and logistical thing. The point is to get a wider spread of testing than would be possible by Codemasters QA alone, so we can hopefully deliver a better end result for everyone with the final v1.1 patch.

For the non-Steam and Gamesplanet versions of the game, if you're unable to apply the patch, it means you are playing a modified or pirated version of the game. If you genuinely didn't know this was a pirated copy, please consider purchasing the official product as its only official purchases that make it possible for us to develop this game, and our PC sales to date have been seriously, seriously impacted by piracy.

If you did know you purchased a pirated copy, (or could've guess by the cheap price), stop being a jerk and consider the wonderful benefits to your karma for supporting us while we're working hard to support you! You may not realize just how much seriously hard work goes into developing a commercial game by a lot of professionals who are only able to do this with the support of those who purchase our product. You'll also have the added benefit of enjoying the patch open beta immediately.

Thanks for the feedback so far too, we hope you're enjoying it! :happy

Cheers,

Rob.

(Apologies for the double post!)

Great work with this beta, Rob. And I couldn't agree more with the emboldened part. Regarding piracy, there were three retailers who were selling the PC version at ?17.99 (Shopto, Zavvi and Play.com). If some people are too tight to pay a cheap price like ?17.99 for a game and would rather go down an illegal route, then I don't know what things are coming to.

At last - a cricket game developer who actually listens to the fans. The top edges in particular are amazing! :) :thumbs:

Last edited:
The wii version is a completely different game by a different developer. Dont even know if it needs a patch, I have barely heard anyone talking about playing that version.

Was always going to be a flop as it did not use motion plus or have online play.

That's true: I forgot about that.

Users who are viewing this thread