AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

so how long do we think it will come on the ps3 version i really should have got it on PC if only my PC could handle it

OH DUDE. THIS PATCH WINS. First session, England were 1/97, couple of lofted shots, and Strauss was run-out, but I bowled well, mixing it up...first ball after lunch, Hilfenhaus to Bopara, stumps were rearranged. Dude, I was excited haha, it was like ****IN' BAAANG.

Well I can only say how pleased I am to have been proven wrong regarding the support for the game. Well done Transmission for this.
I've only had a quick blast but the bowling is definitely better, the spinners work now and pace seems correct.
I agree that the batting seems easier on normal but as I said this was only a quick blast so I will move to hard and start a test tomorrow and see how that goes.
Might even move pc through to living room to enjoy the benefits of a big screen.:banana2

Agreed - all software companies should look at this example: this is how you make a patch. Listen to the fans' feedback and fix the major things they say are wrong with the game, because they always know best. Then go beyond the call of duty and release not one, but two open betas, (as well as a closed beta), so the patch is thoroughly tested and then release the final patch.

Well done, TG, have a few virtual pints! :cheers :cheers :cheers

Rob,

Thank you for also making the patch for the consoles. Its a bloody shame about the piracy, especially since you made the game so cheap for people in the subcontinent.

------------------

As for the admins, can we now ban all those who said they got the patch compatibility error? no difference between them and a common theif.

you should refrain from jumping to conclusions.... I have the legal gameplanet version and the patch did not work with it.....

Last edited:
Anyone got any more screens or vids to show us and anyone noticed any other fixes that werent mentioned as they said there was others??

Also when is the actual final patch being reeased for pc just wondering?
Im on 360 and cant wait for the patch but i know i have to wait till mid to late october but i wonder if they will give us console owners a date beforehand.

Also have they added any new england players, and changed the england team around??

Last edited:
Don't know what you've been smoking, but that's just a stupid statement.

Great work with this beta, Rob. And I couldn't agree more with the emboldened part. Regarding piracy, there were three retailers who were selling the PC version at ?17.99 (Shopto, Zavvi and Play.com). If some people are too tight to pay a cheap price like ?17.99 for a game and would rather go down an illegal route, then I don't know what things are coming to.

Piracy is most rampant in India and Pakistan. Ashes cricket 09 is the second game after GTA4 to be priced at Rs.499 or roughly $11/?6.50 in India. At such prices if people pirate games then it makes me wonder where did they get the money to buy a PC in the first place. Also i completely agree with Hmarka that those users have not downloaded their games from GP or steam and are getting patch incompatible errors are in most probability using pirated versions and should be banned asap.

Piracy is most rampant in India and Pakistan. Ashes cricket 09 is the second game after GTA4 to be priced at Rs.499 or roughly $11/?6.50 in India. At such prices if people pirate games then it makes me wonder where did they get the money to buy a PC in the first place. Also i completely agree with Hmarka that those users have not downloaded their games from GP or steam and are getting patch incompatible errors are in most probability using pirated versions and should be banned asap.

It highlights why a good patch punishes pirates

One slight concern I have (it's no biggie, don't worry). Will saved games made in this beta work with the 2nd beta and the patch itself? I need to know, so I can decide whether to continue this Ashes series; will there be time to complete it if the saves won't work?

Other feedback: Aussies are 2 wickets down now, they're getting a bit more aggressive, but I wouldn't call it slog mode. They are going aerial sometimes, but not slogging as much as they were before.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

It highlights why a good patch punishes pirates

True enough.

What changes have they made to the england and aussies team plz answer someone??:D

Also what does it say in the more detailed readmetxt??

I am sure by the time the final patch will be out a lot of people playing online with the pirated version of the game will not be able to do so. Serves them right.

This is getting better and better; 57 overs in, Cook was on 99. I kept Collingwood on strike for five balls of the 58th and 59th over, allowed him a single at the sixth ball of each over to keep him on strike. He got a single at the start of the 60th over, so Cook had five balls to face. Hilfy was bowling. Bowled a fullish length on off-stump, he couldn't get me away. Last ball of the over, he holed out to cover for 99. Wow that was intense.

Earlier, I had a couple of RIPPERS with Marcus North, bowling kind of full, Cook was leaving them slightly outside off stump, just turning away. Bowled an arm ball, JUST missed off stump. His next over consisted of two offies to Pietersen, tried a toppie in the same area and it clipped the top of off-stump. This is INTENSE.

Users who are viewing this thread