AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

"Patch not compatible with installed version"
i am facing this problem when i try to patch the game
its an original game.......i purchased it from ebay.
idk what the problem is pls sum one help me

uninstall the game
and install it again
delete ur save game folders too
then install the patch
it worked for me
i was also facing this prb today

Ok, so that means I have to copy the entire folder to some other location. But, will I be able to play the game (for online mode) from that location (the back-up one)?

I have two versions installed. I have my .w32 file renamed and a shortcut to another exe and it works fine.

"Patch not compatible with installed version"
i am facing this problem when i try to patch the game
its an original game.......i purchased it from ebay.
idk what the problem is

The beta only works with the retail version. I don't know if Codies will patch the gameplanet version but there are awful lot of people who suddenly "got it off Amazon" now a retail copy is required...

Play online button is disabled in the beta version so there won't be any conflict :thumbs

As i said i know this feature isnt in the current version of this patch but it will be enabled in the next version so i was asking in context of that.

Just got destroyed by Sri Lanka in a quick T20 game.

Was cruising at 57-1 from 5 overs when Murali and Mendis were introduced - and slumped to 58-5. :D

Ended up being 92 all out, which the AI made comfortably in 11 overs having lost just 2 wickets (including Jayasuriya first ball).

At last - a cricket game that is a challenge, but not impossible!

Have played the with the patch and I am disappointed sadly. There is a lot of good in the game with the lengths sorted and the edges actually going to the slips. However the ability to hit 6's and 4's from lofted shots is shocking, nearly every poorly timed shot goes for a boundary. I played a test match and got bored after 2 overs when I was 43-0. I don't mind scoring quick but when I don't perfectly time a shot it should not go for 4 or 6 every time.

I also tested out a 2 player 2020 match. I did this with my brother. Now usually he struggles to get any 6's and finds it very hard to play with a close infield. He rarely gets to 120 on the pre-patched game, and has got over 200 once. So we set up the game and he scored 328-8 from 20 overs...I batted and won by 4 wickets and 18 balls.

To me, it seems that fixing the edges have sadly turned the 6's into something like BLIC 2007. I don't know if this can be fixed, but if it can't I think I will be going back to the pre-patched game, which would be a shame considering lots of bugs have been eradicated.

Hope Transmission can fix this as generally the patch is good. Basically, too many runs.

Winning on hard it definitely no longer a picnic.

barmyarmy added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Have played the with the patch and I am disappointed sadly. There is a lot of good in the game with the lengths sorted and the edges actually going to the slips. However the ability to hit 6's and 4's from lofted shots is shocking, nearly every poorly timed shot goes for a boundary. I played a test match and got bored after 2 overs when I was 43-0. I don't mind scoring quick but when I don't perfectly time a shot it should not go for 4 or 6 every time.

I also tested out a 2 player 2020 match. I did this with my brother. Now usually he struggles to get any 6's and finds it very hard to play with a close infield. He rarely gets to 120 on the pre-patched game, and has got over 200 once. So we set up the game and he scored 328-8 from 20 overs...I batted and won by 4 wickets and 18 balls.

To me, it seems that fixing the edges have sadly turned the 6's into something like BLIC 2007. I don't know if this can be fixed, but if it can't I think I will be going back to the pre-patched game, which would be a shame considering lots of bugs have been eradicated.

Hope Transmission can fix this as generally the patch is good. Basically, too many runs.

Are you playing on normal or hard?

I think we could do with some more detail on this "sizes and fours off poorly timed shots thing". Are you talking about playing lofted shots or normal attacking shots? What difficulty level are you playing on?

Winning on hard it definitely no longer a picnic.

barmyarmy added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Are you playing on normal or hard?

This was playing on Normal, which is what I played on pre-patch with my brother and we never got near 328 scoreline. Tried it on hard and it was pretty much the same so we decided not to finish it(my brother was on 100-2 or so by 8 overs). The test match one was on hard.

I think we could do with some more detail on this "sizes and fours off poorly timed shots thing". Are you talking about playing lofted shots or normal attacking shots? What difficulty level are you playing on?

All lofted shots, when poorly timed it nearly always goes for 4. With my brother, normal. On the test match, hard. The game appears to have got easier in my opinion.

This was playing on Normal, which is what I played on pre-patch with my brother and we never got near 328 scoreline. Tried it on hard and it was pretty much the same so we decided not to finish it(my brother was on 100-2 or so by 8 overs). The test match one was on hard.

My impression has been that it's now easier to bat on normal but much harder on hard. I'm very surprised you managed to score 43/0 off two overs on hard. I reckon if you kept that up you'd get out cheaply.
Stevie is one of the best batters around in cricket games and he wasn't scoring anywhere near that.

My impression has been that it's now easier to bat on normal but much harder on hard. I'm very surprised you managed to score 43/0 off two overs on hard. I reckon if you kept that up you'd get out cheaply.
Stevie is one of the best batters around in cricket games and he wasn't scoring anywhere near that.

Well, I will try again on HARD with a test match and will send back my findings when I play again. I hope its just a fluke...but I don't think it will be.

Users who are viewing this thread