AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

I have a 9600GTS and before patching the game graphics were top notch with all settings set to high. Now even with shadows set to medium, the game stutters too much. Also if I enable anti-aliasing, the game stutters still more :(

Gameplay is really good and I have not found glitches but the graphics part IMO needs a bit of optimization. I know 9600GTS is not a good card but still it was playing good before the patch.

could someone explain what the edges are like now??

Also the length of bowling and bounce does it really ook and feel better??

It's not the game's fault that he is scoring at 20rpo in a test! If he decides to try launching balls in a test match for 6 from ball one then he is the one with "unrealistic gameplay"

People go on about Test realistic etc, but you only get that if you play like a test batsman. Try leaving a few balls, the old addage of waiting for the bad one. Save the six hitting for 20/20

People go on about Test realistic etc, but you only get that if you play like a test batsman. Try leaving a few balls, the old addage of waiting for the bad one. Save the six hitting for 20/20

Yeah I agree with this, people may say you should be scared to launch it. However if you want realistic game play you need to play your part as the player to!

It's not the game's fault that he is scoring at 20rpo in a test! If he decides to try launching balls in a test match for 6 from ball one then he is the one with "unrealistic gameplay"

Not saying it's the game's fault or his fault. It just seems unlikely that he would be able to hit them so easily. Batsmen now come in with low confidence and can barely get the ball off the square on hard until they've got their eye in. His batters are apparently smashing the ball out the park. Either he's an exceptionally good player or he got some good luck and some poor bowling or he was playing on normal without realising it ;)

Not saying it's the game's fault or his fault. It just seems unlikely that he would be able to hit them so easily. Batsmen now come in with low confidence and can barely get the ball off the square on hard until they've got their eye in. His batters are apparently smashing the ball out the park. Either he's an exceptionally good player or he got some good luck and some poor bowling or he was playing on normal without realising it

Spot on. Well IMO. It does seem that there always a few people that score at 20rpo, no matter the difficulty of the game!!

I have a 9600GTS and before patching the game graphics were top notch with all settings set to high. Now even with shadows set to medium, the game stutters too much. Also if I enable anti-aliasing, the game stutters still more :(

Gameplay is really good and I have not found glitches but the graphics part IMO needs a bit of optimization. I know 9600GTS is not a good card but still it was playing good before the patch.
Mods have any idea about the graphic problem I am facing?

Sounds really promising. The commitment of the guys at Transmisson and Codemasters is commendable. Will give it a go soon.

You have to have the patch installed.

@chavanak - no idea on the graphics problems. Rob might be able to help you when he sees your post.

what are the edges like now is it really harder to bat and how often are the bowls and lbw cause if there two easy and two often then we could have another problem?

but all sound pretty promising at moment and this is not the final patch so all loooooking goooood:D

One annoying bug still exists, the CPU appeals for LBW when the ball is way off the off-stump. On the positive side, the edges carry over very well and the best aspect is that even the gully has a role :)
I have been playing for an hour now and except for the terrible stutter while displaying scorecards, the patch looks good

My first LBW after applying the patch. Bowling's been fun! (Hard difficulty)
[youtube]
[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:

I am one of these gamers who likes to keep a game realistic by the way. Pre-patch, I was not able to hit 6's with so much ease and if you would look at some of my previous pics in this thread you will see that when I played my brother the scores are much lower in the pre-patch, basically because I did not have as much confidence in 6 hitting as if I poorly timed one I would usually be out so you have to look for the gaps. And if 6 hitting is for 2020, that is good, that is how I would love it to be, just not so many and not 300 or more runs when I am used to getting 120-170.

The test match is a different issue, that was against AI, and it seems easier with the patch, and yes it was on hard.
I have tried it again since, although not got quite 20 an over, but about 17, 18 an over which is far quicker than pre-patch.
I have no reason to lie, which many people seem to think I am doing. If you look at my previous posts, I supported Transmission and I still do despite this problem.

All I am saying is, from my first experience with the patch, I am finding it easier to score runs than before the patch, on normal and on hard. You can have a go at me all you want which many of you seem to be doing but I am just telling you my impressions of the patch, like everyone else is.

Last edited:
End of day one:

Cricket20092009-09-2118-56-50-73.png

I batted out my innings (England). I was a little too positive and paid the price in the end, mostly with back foot drives getting edged through to the slips. With Strauss I stuck to mostly playing the cut and driving off of Hauritz, which brought rewards as seen in the screenshot. Pietersen, Colllingwood and Prior were all caught in the slips. With Anderson and Broad I went back to just nudging it around and scored runs with relative ease.

As for the bowling, well frustrating and then a huge amount of joy. :D Watson was cruising along, scoring at a decent rate with Katich just sticking around, neither looking like getting out. On comes Swann, in his fourth or fifth over, having looked fairly innocuous, rips one into Watson, he's on the back foot and the ball hits the pad bang in front! Talk about an awesome feeling, I was literally punching the air. :laugh

After that, Ponting came in and played with some freedom, reaching 27 not out by the end of the day.

No sign of suicidal runs from the AI. I'm so pleased the spinner is now a genuine option. One irritation that is still there from the original game is the way the AI uses over and round the wicket tactics. Far too much of right handed bowlers bowling round the wicket to right handed batsmen. Same goes for left handers bowlers to lefty batsmen.

I can say that day has been one of the most satisfying I can remember playing any cricket game, ever. From that first ball bowled by Johnson to the Watson lbw dismissal.

It is possible to hit sixes with "normal" timing. I did so with Strauss a couple of times, then with Swann and Anderson. Each time the boundary was cleared comfortably, although Anderson's six did go over the shortest boundary at Cardiff. I can see how you would get high run rates, but you would simply have to lose wickets at some stage. I don't see how you'd be able to go at 20 rpo all the time with the patch on hard, not at the moment at least.

Onto edges. Edges do carry, but every edge I've seen carry has been off of a back foot shot. The couple of front foot edges I've seen from the AI didn't get near to carrying. This so far looks the same as the original game, unless I've just been unlucky.

On top of everything else, the actual performance of the game appears to be loads better. I can now run at 1440x900 (max res. for my monitor) with everything turned up and it looks stunning.

Whilst early in the testing of the patch, I would say this is the best cricket game around, by a distance.

Users who are viewing this thread