Academy Version 0.0.70 Discussion

Nack

Club Captain
oh ok, how do you do this? that would be PERFECT!! is it in the batting menu?

In the Batting Setup menu you can choose which length you want to be bowled, and in there one of the options is 'marker'. Then, from memory you use the right analog stick to move it to where you want, before the machine bowls. It's a great feature! Though I haven't had a chance to have a proper play with it yet.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Still waiting for comments how to restore lost custom teams/kits after this update or just forget about that :)

If anyone already recovered or commented please relink that answer.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Still waiting for comments how to restore lost custom teams/kits after this update or just forget about that :)

If anyone already recovered or commented please relink that answer.

Have you followed any instructions in the troubleshooting thread?

The_Pharoah

International Coach
In the Batting Setup menu you can choose which length you want to be bowled, and in there one of the options is 'marker'. Then, from memory you use the right analog stick to move it to where you want, before the machine bowls. It's a great feature! Though I haven't had a chance to have a proper play with it yet.

I tried this yesterday...awesome!! I don't know how I missed that this whole time. I really do like the cutshot animation although I've noticed its hit and miss (literally) even though I get three greens. timing? Also wrt the animations, there is a cutshot animation that's slightly forward of square (ie. say 75 deg instead of the 90 deg being a direct cut shot to the right) where your batsman plays the shot however the animation continues into a drive like 2-3 seconds after the actual shot is played. looks a bit weird.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Have you followed any instructions in the troubleshooting thread?

i have already done the integrity check and its nothing related to game crash or launching error. everything is running fine except created teams and kits are just vanished/blank/no more there after this update. I believe its not related to game integrity etc rather look a sort of bug , moreover integrity check even showing all files validated ok.

PFA rar file as well.

Attachments

• Don Bradman Cricket 17.rar
    180 KB · Views: 182

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
One request: The backfoot pad away animation is great looking one, would be good to see it as the front foot leave or pad away animation for pace bowlers only...

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One request: The backfoot pad away animation is great looking one, would be good to see it as the front foot leave or pad away animation for pace bowlers only...

True...actually the backfoot animations for leave and pad away looks front foot and vice versa...reversing them would be fine

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Guys who arent able to hook the ball well can try marker and place it as short as possible in a way that ball is directed to the batsman's face..Connecting now well for me and launched a few huge ones..Great looking shot if you get it right..

Another interesting thing to try..Set the marker as shown in the pic..And try to defend it with backfoot or even play backfoot shots..Its the length which hit the bottom of the bat and gave very interesting results...Hitting hard on the pitch off the bat, Inside edge top of off stumps bails gone, french cut, Ball slowly bouncing towards point region [easy to take single] and some great looking beaten deliveries with cutters, swing etc, also some edges which might go between slips for 4...Its great fun....

20160906153230_1.jpg

You might miss many shots as those might get better with updates, but as of now when you make the connection the feel is realistic..

Last edited:

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Ball slowly bouncing towards point region [easy to take single]

Just on that note, i really really really hope that the feilding ai is more 'dynamic' and 'attacking'. Everytime i hear the words "ball going towards point".... i immediately think of ponting, symonds, clarke and how mesmerising they were to watch, and the countless amount of times they would throw down the stumps almost at will!!! They're the sorts of guys I would want big ant to sit down and watch youtube vids of and base their fielding animations on!!!

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just on that note, i really really really hope that the feilding ai is more 'dynamic' and 'attacking'. Everytime i hear the words "ball going towards point".... i immediately think of ponting, symonds, clarke and how mesmerising they were to watch, and the countless amount of times they would throw down the stumps almost at will!!! They're the sorts of guys I would want big ant to sit down and watch youtube vids of and base their fielding animations on!!!

Not just that, I would like the AI to position their best players in the single saving regions during the early overs and in the outfield in front of square during the death overs. It would also be great if they mention the name and level of skill while looking around the field so we could plan our doubles and quick singles against weaker fielders. Even the speed of their running to get to the ball will let us decide if we want to risk hitting the ball in the air anywhere in their reach.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Any update came today?

Received a 20mb file on steam..

issue

Associate Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have a question , still frames have been strucking after playing shot in broadcast mode , just want to confirm any one is facing this problem,i know this is beta version.Just for information i am asking it. @HBK619 619 can you help me on this

Users who are viewing this thread