AI Extreme patch released

i agree with all of cricket 60's comments except the third, i bowled australia out and every single wicket was edged to 2nd slip gully or the keeper, the only two that werent nicked to a fielder was one tailender i got out playing a defensive prod to short leg.

this patch is the best i have seen for shot direction and playability with a lot of realism.

if you coul try and time drives so the make the boundary just a head of the fielder when timed well, or pulled up inside the boundary when not timed as good, that would just finish things off nicely.

one thing i have noticed, and it may just be my game, is that my forward defense often plays off the back foot! I have got out bowled and lbw a number of times this way, i used to push 'S' for a front foot defensive shot and 'W' for a back foot one, now i need to sometimes push 'W' to get front foot shots and sometimes 'S' to get back ones, but its not consistent, it doesnt always happen, i have defaulted to playing the advance front foot shot as my front foot defensive 'D', this has worked very well, until i get a spinner on and i nick it all over the place! I dont know why it is doing that, but very often i cant play a normal front foot defense at all and thats pretty frustrating, am i doing something wrong or is it a glitch?

cheers

you got all of your wickets from edges? What pitch were you playing on? I really struggled to get any.

normal pitch australia got 165 all out as i set traps on the offside and let them go for cover drives, they were running at nearly 5 runs n over though, but i managed to contain the tail and bowled them all out,

i played the patch on the easy mode as i think this is the most realistic, on hard mode i struggled to get 30 runs without edging everything.

hope this helps

Ok, maybe that's why im not getting as many edges bowling as most people. And with your problem about the batsmen going back when he is meant to be going forward and vice-versa, The computer selects the shots for you in easy mode so if you want that to stop try playing on medium or hard.

Last edited:
Yorkshire_No1 said:
I play Medium mode, im not up to the standard of hard yet i dont think :)
for some reason i have never played in hard myself..but then i dont play the game much anyways..:p

i have always played hard mode in the past.

i tried medium, there are a few more edges, ifyou could tone down the edges just a little bit and the power of the shots a bit too that would be good, perfectly timed strokes should go for four everything else should pull up inside the boundary unless on a hard or dry wicket.

i think if you make those changesthis patch would be nearly perfect.

one or two rank short and wide balls to throw the bat at now and again would be fun too :)

otherwise patch is the best ive played.

great job

oh there is a new patch out? lol sorry will try now :)

ok ive looked, but i cant find the low edges patch :( im obviously lookingin the wrong places could you post a link please :)

I think you should, The first one you made was very good and if you keep working you can only get better :)

Users who are viewing this thread