AI Extreme patch released

thanks hero,i have started editing my v2.0 patch...i wud surely work on your suggestions..thanks for the comments,keep them coming..

very good could the cpu be a bit more aggressive and more power shots through the leg side would be good. also in the last thirty five overs of odi could it me easier to score boundaries. i have a logitech gamepad still donot know how to play the aggressive shots like hitting sixes

thanks robert..ya the cpu cud definitely be made more aggressive..six hitting is sumthing that u might need to work on cuz the others feel tht six hits shud be made more difficult..but i will work on improving the power shots thru the ground...thanks for the comment

sorry i also feel the cpu bowls too many yorkers or overpitched balls at the stumps could u please fix this maybe one yorker every five overs or something.

any chance u could do the patch a bit earlie. maybe in test matches the cpu ran rate could be between 3-4.5 per over that is what australia and england average. the games get boring if the average in under this l think.

Guess I wont release my v2.0 patch after all... feedback frm ppl just aint there..ppl just download it,use it for a couple of hours and chuck it..i feel like a fool spending hours for sumthing ppl dont want anyways.. not posting anymore patches.

funny isnt it..this post is exactly 12 hours after my prev one..hmmmm maybe it isnt.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself, not every1 posts here, alot of people just read.

/jeez so many patchers go thru this feeling sorry for themselves :rolleyes:

yo Janer
Everyone likes to be appreciated for their efforts, if they are not getting paid that is!!!SO jump off ur bloody perch mate and if u cant give credit where its due, bugger up

Ive already replied once but now it's gone ????

Great patch mate Very realistic. I for one am glad you put a lot of effort into making the game better

Cheers

playing the 3rd test match file with ur patch, the accuracy is perfect

i think your patch is good. i think the cpu runs per over isnt that bad its around 250 an innings...u could up trhe run rate just a little so sides average about 350 an innings on good surfaces. i still find too many edges when i play shots off the backfoot, but it may just be i need practice if noone else is complaining. mate dont give up on your patching you are doing a wondeful job :)

also yes people take sdome time to play the patch in lots of conditions so ppl may be satill testing it.

i love the seam movement you get from the cpu bowlers its totally realistic. Id like to see the odd ball pitched even wider, you definitely have improved the width of deliveries over all, but there needs to be more short stuff outside the off stump to tempt the back foot cut shot.

also could you make the pull shot a bit easier, its my favourite shot and its really difficult not to edge.

in one shot i played the replay and slowly watched to see if my timing was off, but it isnt, i middled the ball perfectly and it should have gone for a coverdrive, but it edged thru to the keeper.

also i saw a ball pitching into my body from a shortish length and i played the backfoot straight drive, it hit the inside edge (viewed in slo mo replay) but still acted like an outside edge and went to gully, it should have if anything popped out on the onside to the short fielder (if there was one there)

but i for one hugely appreciate your hard work...i wouldnt have a clue how to do what you are doing

please keep up the great work, AI patches are the best thing to d/l...they often can make the game so much more realistic.

i would suggest that you try and have 4 balls pitch just short of a good length on a normal pitch, 1 bouncer (erratic..could be short and wide or short and at the head...cuttable, pullable or duckable) and 1 yorker or full ball per over as a guide for bowling lengths.

on a green pitch there will be many more fuller balls but much more chance of edging if you play the incorrect stroke (ie playing across the line)

anyway more food for thought..i plan to play test some more today and ill post feedback

cheers
Octa

Hey satish, I played a test match this morning between Aus(me) and India. I really like this patch but I have a few problems with it.

1) Edges, I have seen people talking about too many edges but I'm not sure if they are talking about us or the CPU. I think that we get too many edges batting but not enough bowling. I see you have released another patch for this but in your upcoming one I would like to see us bowling getting afew more edges early in the innings especially on hard/normal wickets.

2) Outfeild, The outfeild in your patch is way to quick, If I time a shot perfectly it will always rocket to the boundary without giving the feilder any hope. It would be good to give the feilder more of a chance when running to get the ball.

3) Wickets, In my innings (bowling) I could only ever take wickets from bowling the batsmen (I got 1 edge) If you could tweak the patch so there is a possibility of runouts and LBW's it would make gameplay more exciting.

These are my only concerns with this patch. I must say congratulations on making such a fine patch on your debut and if you take in all the advice given you could easily create one of the best patches for Cricket 2005. :D

Users who are viewing this thread