Alberts' downloads: Version 6 complete and released, one piece download now added

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
So here's the latest version of the texture pack, complete with:

- The International teams linked on disk (i.e. Australia, India...)
- The International teams with textures on the disk (i.e. Uganda)
- Additionally the USA, Italy and Germany national sides for good measure
- The Australian Domestic sides
- The Big Bash League
- The Indian Premier League
- The New Zealand Domestic sides
- The South African Domestic sides
- The West Indian Domestic sides
- The Caribbean Premier League

All teams that are not linked on disk will require you to download them through the academy, and due to many conflicts with the way this were set up on the academy initially, you may need to manually pick the right badges for some sides.

I might clean this thread up and post some images later on.

The most recent version in this post.

Last edited:

Alberts

International Coach
This is the old pack, new one posted below:

Attached is a texture pack which replaces badges for teams from:

- Australian Domestic
- English Domestic
- International (including ones with no linked on disk counter parts): Large parts of this are from MattW's international pack, though many components have been redo and new parts added
- BBL
- IPL

This includes replacements for:

- Mirrored badges (lg and normal)
- Shirt Emblems
- HUD versions of the logos
- Small versions
- Cropped versions

This pack was made for my personal use, but I figure it might be useful for people until we know exactly what is happening with modding and a easier, more permanent and complete (covering teams not on the disk) can be made.

To install simply extract the file into your Don Bradman Cricket 14 folder in your documents folder. The address should be something like '~Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14'.

It is recommended that you remove all old texture packs first, put this one in, then put the other back in manually, this is due to the shear number of files included.

Depending on how you got your current teams, they may or may not be correct at the time they are installed. If you got "get best" at the start, then the following changes are required for the correct badges to be displayed:

Delhi Daredevils => Z-Shield
Mumbai => XCC
Royal Challengers => YCC
Middlesex => X-Shield
Northampton => ZCC

This needs to be done manually through the academy. If you have used another set up for teams, they may need to be fixed manually.

Removed link to old pack.

Last edited:

Alberts

International Coach
I've finished the test version of my a completely redone badge pack. As above, it overs the International sides, Australian Domestic, English County, BBL and IPL, and replaces all versions of the badges.

This was a remake from scratch this time, starting with the base files, many of which required some kind of cleaning. I ended up not using any of MattW's international badges that he'd done due to the resolution I needed for one or two things.

Hopefully this will be a more consistent and "cleaner" version than the previous one, but there may or may not be one or two issues with the polish. If there's anything that stands out, I'd be happy to hear about is so I could have a chance to tidy it up in future versions.

Apart from the above, post of the information is the same as the previous post.

Anyhow, the new pack is attached. Here are some screenshots:

LDbWn2E.png

ymsCZzk.png

T70G5s1.jpg

NWXmfdd.jpg

37iYwWG.png

dGjndJG.png

Edit: New version has fixed the South Africa emblem slightly, and replaced the black fern with a white one for the New Zealand Emblem for the time being. The reason for the New Zealand change is that it will look a bit better for all but the Test Kit (although it should look better on the cap).

Edit 2: Another update done for this, given a border to the darkest badges, redone a few, fixed a couple of wrong ones.

Edit 3: Given all badges the border for the mirrored and small forms (the ones that will appear on dark backgrounds) and added South African and Kiwi domestic sides, as well as the Caribbean Premier League.

Edit 4: Version 5 now added to this post. This replaces the emblems with larger, cleaner versions.

Attachments

• texturesV3.7z
    5.8 MB · Views: 194
  • texturesV4.7z
    7.9 MB · Views: 187
  • texturesV5.7z
    8.4 MB · Views: 652
Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@Alberts - so far i have not included any mods: will i have to create a textures folder for this or will the downloader do it?

@MattW - if i want to add any ball/stumps mods, do i need a further subfolder for these?

Alberts

International Coach
@Alberts - so far i have not included any mods: will i have to create a textures folder for this or will the downloader do it?

@MattW - if i want to add any ball/stumps mods, do i need a further subfolder for these?

It creates the textures folder itself.

You will need to put things like balls in the sub folder they go in manually.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Just testing the texture pack. Is it just me, or are some things not linking completely with the logos? For example...

image.png
image.png

I have the same issue with Yorkshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Melbourne Stars, Sussex, and Somerset, as far as I can see. The emblems are all showing correctly on the kits, and they're coming up when I open the Identity -> Icon bit, but they're not displaying correctly on the main screen. The rest are all fine I think.

image.png

Alberts

International Coach
Just testing the texture pack. Is it just me, or are some things not linking completely with the logos? For example...

image.png
image.png

I have the same issue with Yorkshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Melbourne Stars, Sussex, and Somerset, as far as I can see. The emblems are all showing correctly on the kits, and they're coming up when I open the Identity -> Icon bit, but they're not displaying correctly on the main screen. The rest are all fine I think.

image.png

Interesting. Mine are still working properly. Try reinstalling it (completely remove the textures folder, redownload and re-extract it).

If not I might need to investigate a bit.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Interesting. Mine are still working properly. Try reinstalling it (completely remove the textures folder, redownload and re-extract it).

Aha! Tried that, plus closing and rebooting the game and it seems to have fixed it! :yes

I'm still having the old problem of the Bangladesh emblems not appearing on the kit though - I though that had been fixed in a previous update, no?

Alberts

International Coach
Aha! Tried that, plus closing and rebooting the game and it seems to have fixed it! :yes

I'm still having the old problem of the Bangladesh emblems not appearing on the kit though - I though that had been fixed in a previous update, no?

Should be working, I had it working on mine. Haven't checked it since the last update though, I'll have a look.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Should be working, I had it working on mine. Haven't checked it since the last update though, I'll have a look.

Cheers - I was sure it worked on mine too after there was an update a while back, but it doesn't seem to be working again now for some reason. Also, is your England/ECB emblem on the kit supposed to have the vertical line above and below it? I'm guessing not, but just in case...Great work overall by the way!

Alberts

International Coach
Yeah, it seems it's not working anymore.
@BigAntStudios, was something changed in the last update with the badges, it seems the Bangladesh emblem isn't being recognized again.

Cheers - I was sure it worked on mine too after there was an update a while back, but it doesn't seem to be working again now for some reason. Also, is your England/ECB emblem on the kit supposed to have the vertical line above and below it? I'm guessing not, but just in case...Great work overall by the way!

There seems to be some issues with emblems on the shirts. Not entirely sure what's causing it. Certain patterns do odd things though. I posted about it in MattW's thread as well. I will look into it more while I'm redoing a lot of the pack.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
@Alberts - Gotcha, thanks, will keep an eye out for any future updates - in the meantime, great work, cheers! :clap

Edit - Just played a few games - they look absolutely lovely! Thanks! :D

Last edited:

Alberts

International Coach
I'm beginning a new set which will be more standardised and hopefully a bit cleaner. Depends on how the source images are.

Due to resolution issues I also have also gotten new source images for the international sides.

Will see how this looks.

Ideally this pack will be able to be converted when modding is finalised.

Users who are viewing this thread