Draft: All-Time BBL Draft

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Well I have four in a row now (two for my Heat team and two AI picks). I'll start with the Heat.

The first Heat pick is simply the BBL's best bowler in history. In fact, the Cane Train may have missed a trick by not picking him yet. He starred for them, then for Adelaide, and then while he has been shaky at times for the Heat, his yorker is the sole reason we play finals this year. Welcome, Ben Laughlin!

At the same time, I also want to pick a player who I've found infuriating. I think he's a bit overrated and that he doesn't come off eight times out of ten. But ultimately, he's second only to Chris Lynn in terms of Heat caps. Also welcome, Ben Cutting!

If you're wondering where the picks in between went, as I have that rule in for the first four picks of the two untaken teams, I'll do these in one post and then those two in another.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Time for the 'AI' picks.

Adelaide: This player only joined the club in BBL07, but he made an instant impact and through the scope of the BBL became world famous. He's now the #1 T20 spinner. You all know him. Rashid Khan!

Thunder:
Only three players have ever passed 50 caps for the Thunder, such is their want to chop and change. One is Uzzy Khawaja, who you've already seen. One can still be claimed by another side. However, the third is this man. A academy product, he has never played first class cricket, but he's a very capable player with both bat and ball who is in demand around the world. But maybe his best attribute with the Thunder, aside from his consistent off breaks is his leadership and iconicness as a symbol of the Green Nation. Chris Green!

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
I forgot to mention Benny's fielding...

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
Avengers
Joshua Phillipe has been very good for many seasons now and due to the lack of solid keepers, he was an easy pick for me
1. :bat: Shaun Marsh
2. :wkb: Joshua Phillipe
9. :bwl: Andrew Tye
@FlynnR1

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Joshua Phillipe has been very good for many seasons now and due to the lack of solid keepers, he was an easy pick for me
1. :bat: Shaun Marsh
2. :wkb: Joshua Phillipe
9. :bwl: Andrew Tye
@FlynnR1
That is a genius pick. Honestly I thought you were faking it.

Also a reminder we're picking full squads, so there will be a few reserves as well as the 11

FlynnR1

School Cricketer
James Vince
What can u say about his 98* in the qualifier on Saturday night so he is at number 3.

Attachments

• 81E06079-A795-4BC7-AFB3-52B3FFC4B77D.jpeg
    81E06079-A795-4BC7-AFB3-52B3FFC4B77D.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 0

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
@Yash. please let me know if you're still interested in the draft.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
@Yash. please let me know if you're still interested in the draft.
I am still mate. Just forgot about it that’s all. I’ll nake the pick in about an hour after some research

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
The fact that Adam Zampa is still unpicked is criminal. He’ll be my first spinner.

also it’s compulsory to get both Stoinis and Zampa together.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Cool, and here's the Strikers and Thunder next picks.

Adelaide: As Neptune pointed out, there's a lack of quality keepers in Australia (in fact, his team has it best off!). However, Adelaide have one of the best. Having made hsi debut in the late stages of BBL|06, he took like a fish to water and helped them win BBL|07 with an instrumental role. Alex Carey!

Thunder:
Now, the Thunder are probably grateful they can pick from other pools after this round, as this player is their last good one who's played only for them. In fact, that's probably the only reason he's gone this early. He did help them win BBL05 though which has to be something. Jacques Kallis!

@FlynnR1 you're up again

FlynnR1

School Cricketer
Nic Maddison
Now he was usually at 3 but I’ve got Vince there, so he will occasionally opener and be at 4. But I have only really paid attention when he’s been playing for the stars and he’s a too valuable player not to have.

Attachments

• 2657EFFF-6143-4D1F-98BB-3D6C391EFC63.jpeg
    2657EFFF-6143-4D1F-98BB-3D6C391EFC63.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread