Andrew Flintoff to retire from Test cricket

Should England consider leaving Andrew Flintoff behind?

• Total voters

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think he answered that today with an emphatic NO! Damn shame all these injuries have caught up with him, he looks like he's got years of Test cricket left in him!

P

pcfan123

Come on Freddie, just one more tour. Help us get some revenge on the Saffas

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
One of the best all rounder, or should i say the best all rounder, funny guy with his sledging on field :D

Will surely miss him to see playing test cricket.

Leverocks

School Cricketer
He will be missed in the Test arena, definitely one of the best all rounders.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I don't know about the all rounder tag. Someone with an average of 30 is a bowler who can bat a bit (and very destructively) but not sure he is a genuine all rounder. His FC average is also only 33.
Certainly one of if not the best seam bowlers in the world though.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
He's not a natural wicket-taker as a bowler, he's just very, very hostile and very, very dangerous. Builds up a lot of pressure, puts the fear of God into batsmen. So screw the averages, I'd have him take the new ball for me anytime.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I actually meant that his batting average it 30 but as it happens, yes so is his bowling average. For me he is a bowler who can bat.

wolf

International Cricketer
I would say Broad and Swann are bowlers who can bat. Flintoff is a bowling all-rounder.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
He's just not been in form with the bat for the last few years. He's definitely still a bowling allrounder, although 2 years ago you'd say he was the complete package.

Magz

Club Cricketer
It's hard to imagine Stuart Broad getting drunk and falling off a pedalo, ripping through Aussie batting, smoking fat ass cigars and generally being a legend.

Users who are viewing this thread