Andrew Flintoff to retire from Test cricket

Should England consider leaving Andrew Flintoff behind?

• Total voters

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, I hope he doesn't go the same way as his mate Ricky Hatton is going in retirement.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Interesting decision! Didnt expect it. Could possibly add more fuel to the worry of the "declining interest in test cricket" since Flintoff could have retired from all formats but he chose to only quit tests.

P

pcfan123

Interesting decision! Didnt expect it. Could possibly add more fuel to the worry of the "declining interest in test cricket" since Flintoff could have retired from all formats but he chose to only quit tests.

He did not retire from Tests because he has a declining interest in the format. his body cannot handle the long spells in Test match cricket, as opposed to the 10 or 4 over spells in limited overs.

Flintoff and any Englishman or Aussie would prefer to play Test cricket over mickey mouse limited overs, its just that their bodies break down after a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'll amend my team very slightly, seeing how Cook goes in this series. If he fails, I'd put Stephen Moore in.

1. Strauss
2. Cook/Moore
3. Bopara
4. Pietersen
5. Trott
6. Collingwood
7. Prior
8. Swann
9. Sidebottom/Broad
10. Anderson
11. Onions

Hooper, I'm laughing at your team. You really hate us don't you? :p
I kept a couple of decent players in there didn't I? :D

aus_maestro

Club Cricketer
Ah brilliant, won't have to see his lame sarcastic gestures anymore. Hope we give him a good send off.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Rob Key is fat.

I hated the "Oh f yeah, Im the greatest all-rounder that has ever lived" type celebration every time he got a wicket.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I don't know how he's got away with it for so long to be honest. If I was Harbahjan or Siddle or the like doing it, I would have slaughtered them. The model pose was pure genius though.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
I think the decision made by Freddie is absolutely right.
I feel that because, he has suffered injuries at most time. The injuries just dont seem to leave him, and thats why if he has decided not to play the longer version of the game anymore, he has done the correct thing.
But I was surprised too, when I heard of his retirement.
There are not many all-rounders these days, as they used to be earlier like Kapil, Ian, etc.
So, now-a-days, when a person used to say "All-Rounder" the two players who would strike would be Jacques Kallis and Andrew Flintoff.
Kallis is also somewhat on the verge of retirement.
So I think not many all-rounders are left now.
As Abdul Razzaq is back, he can be one of them, but the retirement of Freddie is a big loss to England as well as World Cricket.

chris.roland

School Cricketer
Also, he's not been on top form for a long time! With him in place, England lost more games than it won! I doubt he'll be remembered for his cricket, more for his character, personality and off-field antics. A shame, but he was never the player we all wanted him to be.

chainsnatcher

School Cricketer
It really is a touch disappointing to see Freddie in this state.I would love to see him back at his dominating best which cannot be ruled out even now.After Ashes 05,I thought England with the sort of players that it had would go on to become an invincible side but unfortunately a lot of those players suffered due to excess cricket and were forced to leave on a disappointing note.

P

pcfan123

We are really going to miss him this winter when we go to South Africa. Would have given anything to see Fred on those pacy wickets, especially the likes of Durban

Users who are viewing this thread