Andrew Flintoff to retire from Test cricket

Should England consider leaving Andrew Flintoff behind?

• Total voters

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
He's never been back to full form since 05. England have so many all rounders in their domestic league that they should be fine

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Does it really effect England that much. I know he was a pretty good player and all but how many games has he missed.

I just checked out his stats on cricinfo, only two five wicket hauls in test cricket. I thought he would of had a lot more then that.
There was more to Fred Flintstone than his own performances. The whole team is bouyed by his presence and he has an aura that scares the opposition.

I admit, the team will be more settled without having to worry about him between every game. The trouble is there's no all rounders coming through and Broad's not good enough to fill the role *yet*.

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
Finally Freddie made the decision. That's the right decision as he used to get injured often in test cricket. Wish you a good luck ahead Freddie.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Sad to see him go from Tests. He was a great asset to the England Team in many ways, whether it be his bowling, batting or simply presence.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
People like Graham Napier have a better chance of getting into the England team

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Really? Can you say in detail?
Well he was just saying things like "I felt it was time to get it out there, other people have been making my mind up for me about what I should do" and things like that :p

Skater added 0 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

People like Graham Napier have a better chance of getting into the England team
He'll never play Test cricket.

Owzat

International Coach
Well there is Samit Patel who could be a great player for us if he's given the chance, but I doubt that'll happen because he obviously doesn't listen to the coaches.

I would class Patel as more of a batsman who bowls than all-rounder, I worry every time England play him in ODIs as a bowler. 48 wickets in 50 1st class matches is not really "all-round"

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I would class Patel as more of a batsman who bowls than all-rounder, I worry every time England play him in ODIs as a bowler. 48 wickets in 50 1st class matches is not really "all-round"

Patel is most definetly "all round"

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
Shame to see the big man go as he is my hero. Had it not been for him and Matthew Hoggard I would have never have gotten into cricket in the first place. Watching Flintoff take on this Aussies as well as he did in 2005 inspired me and made me think "I want to do this". I have met Hoggard but I hope to one day meet Andrew Flintoff, the man who brought me to cricket. Thanks for the memories big fella, England Test cricket won't be the same without him.

nikhil_99

International Coach
He is a great all rounder,it will be England's loss when he retires,he will definately try hard for this Ashes like he did it last time in 05.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I just read the news on cricinfo. It's a wise decision of him.

I expected that injury prone cricket players would stop playing Test cricket and he is one of them, who is taking that step.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is that all?

No jizz or nothing over Freddie, Foxy?

Somewhat suprised you've handled it that well.

Users who are viewing this thread