Announcement/Video and Screenshots/Playsession

Piracy huh ? reminds me of Splinter cell chaos theory and Assassin's creed 2 which had the toughest protections in planet , you needed to unplug your dvd roms to play chaos theory (cracked version) and as for AC2 after few time it goes online to check for legit copy but guess what ??

you know it right ? I would suggest keeping the price low.

p.s : making a game fully protected will drive everyone nuts and they will then pirate it.

Last edited:
i think that this game is getting really popular with indian markets i have seen other indain forums and facebook pages posting about the game... im afraid about the piracy issue as i already see people asking for download links lol... i hope this game overcomes that and does well...

Yeah....even I noticed that...so far it has generated a greater interest in the Indian community (and will be even more so when more videos etc is revealed) than any other cricket game!!! Even Cricket 2007!!! I am sure more number of people will buy this game than pirate it. There will always be some who would pirate it though....however once they see that they cannot mod it or use CA unless they buy original (I hope BigAnt ensures that pirated copies cannot use CA) , they will go for the original one as CA is a HUGE HUGE part of this game!!!

Pirated cds will always be available.....and its because of people like YOU that good developers often do not get the sales that they deserve!! THIEF!

No problem, I will make sure, that I don't get a sneak peek about the Pirated Cd's! Will buy the real one :)

No problem, I will make sure, that I don't get a sneak peek about the Pirated Cd's! Will buy the real one :)

I sure hope you do!! If any cricket game deserved to get all original sales, it is this one as the hardwork, the effort, the love for the game, the passion to give the best possible game to us, the genuine and open interaction with us....it is all evident in the final product. Remember....it just might be your purchase that gives the extra boost to the overall sales....and the more the sales, the better the product BigAnt can deliver to us in future also!!

By using your user created on the cricket academy server. You will use the same username on xbox or ps3 to download.

Don't think so. Majority of console users of the game will not download CA or create a user using a different channel. I am assuming it would be done seamlessly via PS3 itself using your psn and some sort of an activation code/online pass the way we do for EA games like Madden or FIFA.

Most probably you will go to the "Player Editor" or "Cricket Academy" menu option, and once you click there it should connect you to the CA server seamlessly. It should be fairly simple and I don't believe you will be asked to provide any additional user/passwd.

Don't think so. Majority of console users of the game will not download CA or create a user using a different channel. I am assuming it would be done seamlessly via PS3 itself using your psn and some sort of an activation code/online pass the way we do for EA games like Madden or FIFA.

Most probably you will go to the "Player Editor" or "Cricket Academy" menu option, and once you click there it should connect you to the CA server seamlessly. It should be fairly simple and I don't believe you will be asked to provide any additional user/passwd.

hmm.. Maybe you are right, but i am following the current logic of the CA, as to login to the server is asks for password. Otherwise there is no point for us console gamers to accumulate the teams as it seems pointless.

I believe it will ask for username and password, so you login to the current account and download the teams which you already have it on your Player/Team download manager.

You have to do it. That is how it is made. Everyone out there has a unique CA username. That is the only way to access your account in CA.

Now Ross could do something like associating your PSN ID with your existing CA account, don't know about that. I even don't know if such a thing is possible. Never had a console and quite a newbie in that field.

hmm.. Maybe you are right, but i am following the current logic of the CA, as to login to the server is asks for password. Otherwise there is no point for us console gamers to accumulate the teams as it seems pointless.

I believe it will ask for username and password, so you login to the current account and download the teams which you already have it on your Player/Team download manager.

im a bit confused the username and the password that i need to provide does it beed to be same as psn or xbox account

im a bit confused the username and the password that i need to provide does it beed to be same as psn or xbox account

No if i am correct than you will need this additional details to login to the CA server.

No if i am correct than you will need this additional details to login to the CA server.

srk121 thanks for your copiration i just read another post that says some like the game will need you to provide the same username and password that you have used for cricket acadamy will that a case can that be a true post

You have to do it. That is how it is made. Everyone out there has a unique CA username. That is the only way to access your account in CA.

Now Ross could do something like associating your PSN ID with your existing CA account, don't know about that. I even don't know if such a thing is possible. Never had a console and quite a newbie in that field.

It works like this now coz it's a beta and you are not trying to log in from consoles. Consoles already have the psn ids or Xbox tags built in so why ask for another id? At most you may want to enter an activation code like an online passcode when you connect to the server the first time but that should be it.

You have to keep in mind with CA Beta there's no way to identify who's connecting to the CA server. But when you connect through the game via consoles, the server will be able to identify you making the user/password redundant.

P.S. - Hopefully Ross or Mike can throw some light on connecting to CA server via consoles.

Last edited:
Here in Bangladesh, a single cd's is not bought real! All are pirated! All of em'! :facepalm Actually people here in Bangladesh cannot afford that much for a Cd. :(But still it is pirated! So, Ross should do something. Even I will buy Pirated Cd's if it is available! :lol

Twat...

How is it you can afford a PC, but you can't afford the games?

Speaking of which, how much is the game likely to be on release, and will it be on Steam?

Last edited:
It works like this now coz it's a beta. Also, you are not trying to log in from consoles. Consoles already have the psn ids or Xbox tags built in so why ask for another id? At most you may want to enter an activation code like an online passcode when you connect to the server the first time but that should be it.

You have to keep in mind with CA Beta there's no way to identify who's connecting to the CA server. But when you connect through the game via consoles, the server will be able to identify you making the user/password redundant.

P.S. - Hopefully Ross or Mike can throw some light on connecting to CA server via consoles.

So you mean the username/password thing would be replaced by the server identifying your PSN id or XBox tag for the console version? That could be it. Things won't change for the PC version though. Leaving it to Ross to get this part a bit clear.

So you mean the username/password thing would be replaced by the server identifying your PSN id or XBox tag for the console version? That could be it. Things won't change for the PC version though. Leaving it to Ross to get this part a bit clear.

I mean all other games do it the same way. Why complicate things? Have you heard of a console game where you connect for say online play, or a patch, DLC etc. and are prompted for a user/passwd? Makes no sense as psn id/xbox tag is enough to identify you. You may do so once to register (using online pass/activation key) the first time round to ensure you have a legal copy of the game but after that you don't need to do anthing.

I will be extremely surprised if you have to enter a user/passwd to connect to CA server from consoles. From PC, maybe yes but not from consoles.

Users who are viewing this thread