Any Improvements?

sachin_rocks:- you call spam if anyone say "good work" than check graphics forum. People post lots of things like there. Rather than giving suggestion about work they say great work good work etc.:)

And yes Matt another thing everyone in ashes forums are asking for thanks for their work. Anyone showing preview of their work ask for thanks. Its understandable that you ask thanks for works but asking thanks for preview is very much annoying.:facepalm

I am tired of asking new guys for thanks but if they want i can give them Reps not positive but NEGATIVE:p

Last edited:
I am of the view that is reasonable posting, it doesn't hurt you to see it and it encourages download makers a lot. As I've said before, our experiments with harsh rules in the C07 forum failed miserably.

People are very quick to call everything spam, but there are very few posts people can make on a preview like that one linked that can expand on what's said. The screenshot is hardly detailed enough to make decent constructive criticism, but the post is still worth responding to. If every time someone posted a preview there was silence, it may be that there's no 'spam' but it wouldn't be a positive thing.

A well maintained index is the best defence against spam in the downloads forum.

People posting attacks on members for spamming or otherwise trying to tell others what to do is far more annoying than those posts.

But people like dhonisingh,sachin_phoenix just post some phrases in every thread like the "Good Work KIU"HQ Pitchad...KIU"" is beaten to death and thanks button is made for that if the maker gets 8-9 thanks he will feel it is good also if youu see the previews has got only one thanks and about 4-5 spam comments which are posted in every thread with a preview or download

sachin_rocks added 0 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

sachin_rocks:- you call spam if anyone say "good work" than check graphics forum. People post lots of things like there. Rather than giving suggestion about work they say great work good work etc.:)

ya that is bad and so post count in graphic forum is disabled

sachin_rocks added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

I don't think sachin_rocks even posts in the downloads forum, he just sits there all day reporting every single post.

i used to post more before dhonisingh and all idiots started to spam it day and night

Dhonisingh, the discussion at the moment is going regarding AC09 forum not cricket07 forum. I would again say that there is no point of reporting 20 to 30 posts a day and waiting for staff members to take action on those posts. Just imagine how hard it would be for staff members to visit each and every forum of which they are mods of and check each and every thread, delete the posts which they think are spam and take actions against the posts which are reported. Mods cannot be really strict against the posts Sachin_Rocks mentioned. Those type of posts just encourage the download maker. As I mentioned before any one has problem with those kind of posts then just simply avoid the members who are posting those kind of comments and if any member is just posting those kind of comments again and again then you may report few of his posts and I am sure staff members will take actions against the member and his posts.

i used to post more before dhonisingh and all idiots started to spam it day and night
Then how about just posting well, so that they have an example set for them rather than making those posts just be all that's there?

But people like dhonisingh,sachin_phoenix just post some phrases in every thread like the "Good Work KIU"HQ Pitchad...KIU"" is beaten to death and thanks button is made for that if the maker gets 8-9 thanks he will feel it is good also if youu see the previews has got only one thanks and about 4-5 spam comments which are posted in every thread with a preview or download
Thanks for that lump of text.

Have you actually made a download ever? Have you ever asked someone who does what they find more useful to motivate them? While the thanks system helps, it is not a replacement for such posts, nor is it intended that way.

Exactly. If one member posts please make Indian stadium updates other member will post yes make Indian stadium updates and then few more members will post the same thing. Really, the mods can't look at each and every download thread and delete the posts like excellent work, brilliant and so on. I agree with the points Matt made. These type of comments do encourage the member to continue the good work. What's the point of a member posting high quality downloads but not even getting a single comment on the downloads? If any member has problem with these sort of comments then just avoid the members who posts these sort of comments.

Dhonisingh, the discussion at the moment is going regarding AC09 forum not cricket07 forum. I would again say that there is no point of reporting 20 to 30 posts a day and waiting for staff members to take action on those posts. Just imagine how hard it would be for staff members to visit each and every forum of which they are mods of and check each and every thread, delete the posts which they think are spam and take actions against the posts which are reported. Mods cannot be really strict against the posts Sachin_Rocks mentioned. Those type of posts just encourage the download maker. As I mentioned before any one has problem with those kind of posts then just simply avoid the members who are posting those kind of comments and if any member is just posting those kind of comments again and again then you may report few of his posts and I am sure staff members will take actions against the member and his posts.

This is so EPIC!! you should start writing an essay :p

Chetan0304 added 2 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Have you actually made a download ever? Have you ever asked someone who does what they find more useful to motivate them? While the thanks system helps, it is not a replacement for such posts, nor is it intended that way.

the "rules' which PC put on some months ago were too strict also the WIP forum failed miserably :facepalm

also i have no suggestion to improve that section, nor i have any sympathy for the mods there (:p) whatsoever it wont make any difference, just let it be as it is.

They are better than you though, who just does nothing on PC rather than criticizing and arguing.
They do not even talk of sex even though they are about the same age as you.
(Referring to your sig)

They are better than you though, who just does nothing on PC rather than criticizing and arguing.
(Referring to your sig)

ok so talking about sex is the new standard for measuring member's Quality

Seriously?

I hate to make sweeping generalisations but the amount of annoying subcontinental kids posting drivel and arguing is getting out of hand.

The quality of posting on the forum was improving up until recently but its really dipped of late.

(Referring to your sig)
+1.

I haven't seen him anywhere else except in heated arguments.

ok so talking about sex is the new standard for measuring member's Quality

Do a thing. Speak out the same thing which your signature contains to your mother. If its not standard for measuring quality, your mother should not respond negatively.

Not that you SHOULD NOT use those terms. You are expected to avoid those kind of terms:).

There is seriously nothing wrong with what he has as his sig. The idea that sex is a taboo subject that you cannot talk about at all is so shielded its unbelievable.

To be honest grow up.

Do a thing. Speak out the same thing which your signature contains to your mother. If its not standard for measuring quality, your mother should not respond negatively.

Not that you SHOULD NOT use those terms. You are expected to avoid those kind of terms:).

It is just a famous one-liner quote for free softwares
why you are making so much crap out of that ?

There is seriously nothing wrong with what he has as his sig. The idea that sex is a taboo subject that you cannot talk about at all is so shielded its unbelievable.

To be honest grow up.
I don't find any wrong in his signature.
But I said what actually Varun meant:yes.

Spamming is totally different from talking on the topic sex.
And Moreover, the topic is not about talking about sex in public or something like that:yes.

Binnu added 5 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

It is just a famous one-liner quote for free softwares

why you are making so much crap out of that ?
Why did you make such a crap on few posts which encourages some people in modifying the games?

You are expected to avoid those kind of terms
I don't find any wrong in his signature.

You clearly suggested that you though his sig was in someway not fit for discussion as you wouldn't say it to your mother.

I'm not really bothered by the discussion over spam in the Ashes forum/International Cricket as that has happened since the beginning of the forums. What bothers me is the decline in the quality of posts and the amount of great members that have left within the last two years.

Why did you make such a crap on few posts which encourages some people in modifying the games?

But they post the same few pfrases in every thread so a normall average downlaod will have "Good Work.KIU:hpraise" and a above average download will have "Good Work.KIU:hpraise" and so it ain't anything good having 5-6 people posting the same few words in different threads

Users who are viewing this thread