Any Improvements?

You clearly suggested that you though his sig was in someway not fit for discussion as you wouldn't say it to your mother.

I'm not really bothered by the discussion over spam in the Ashes forum/International Cricket as that has happened since the beginning of the forums. What bothers me is the decline in the quality of posts and the amount of great members that have left within the last two years.

I said he could have avoided such terms in his sig. I don't really find any wrong in his signature. I said say the thing to his mum as he said talking about sex was not at all a topic, which establishes a man's behavior in public (It may be true in many parts of world, but definitely not in Sub Continent).

@ Decline in the quality of posts: Teach people who don't know proper English instead of making fun of them. They'll learn a bit, which will automatically improve quality of posting up to some extent.

But they post the same few pfrases in every thread so a normall average download will have "Good Work.KIU:hpraise" and a above average download will have "Good Work.KIU:hpraise" and so it ain't anything good having 5-6 people posting the same few words in different threads

Whats your problem when someone spams someone else's thread?
I agree with you upto some extent (Discouraging Spam), but you should not highlight a small tiny ant like an elephant.

Whats your problem when someone spams someone else's thread?
I agree with you upto some extent (Discouraging Spam), but you should not highlight a small tiny ant like an elephant.

When it started in ac9 it was a small ant but now all ants are coming togheter and growing.
anyway i have pmed some people a request
i hope they will understand:)

We have been discussing about spam in ashes cricket 2009 forum and cricket2007 forum but the point is that do we have any suggestion to stop members spamming these 2 forums? Mods cannot be really strict against the members who post comments like good work, excellent stuff, please make this and that and so on sort of comments.

Sachin_Rocks, the point here is that do you have any suggestion for stopping members spamming? If you have then let the mods know about the suggestion. I will say again, staff members cannot be and should not be really strict against the comments which are motivating the download makers.

Teach people who don't know proper English instead of making fun of them. They'll learn a bit, which will automatically improve quality of posting up to some extent.

That isn't the problem for me. Its the general arguments that seem to flair up for no apparent reason.

And there hasn't been what I'd describe as a good new members for a long while. Since Dutchad and Mark came, the only people who've come just seem to start arguing all the time.

Just how I've seen the last month or so.

Sachin_Rocks, the point here is that do you have any suggestion for stopping members spamming?

There should be a announcement in ac09 with some guidelines on comments which will tell how members SHOULD post most members will read it and understand:)

When it started in ac9 it was a small ant but now all ants are coming togheter and growing.
anyway i have pmed some people a request
i hope they will understand:)
May I know whats wrong in spamming a bit when we had loads of spam (4 times what the AC09 forum has now) in Cricket 2007 forum? For one work of Black Magic, he got about 20-25 comments in which about 15 were "KIU GW" thingys.

What did C07 forum result when management imposed strict rules of spamming?
People STOPPED commenting, as people like you threatened the ones spamming as if spamming is a bigger crime more than stealing a Diamond from Queens ring.

Take it easy, report the post to mods. If mods feel he should be infracted, they'll do it. No need of regular users poking in moderation duty when mods are doing their duty successfully:).

Our duty is to report the post, do it.

Last edited:
Main point so we don't need to give any comments in AC09 Download forum ? for example Binnu have updated the stadia of karachi if it is good we just press the thanks button no comments ? means how is that stadium whether it is good or not As cricket 07 forum member give a lot of comment like nice work kiu ,amazing work kiu ,great work kiu good work kiu and so on .if we does not give any comment so how the mod of that thread will understand that how is this stadium whether it is good or not ?

AC09 download forum rules :

Feedback
We recommend constructive feedback is given but we understand that some work is perfect and it can only be appreciated. Use the 'Thanks' button if you wish to thank the patch maker rather than posting "Thank you for your work".

I guess this line is enough to make members understand that they should post constructive feedbacks and use thanks button if they like the downloads provided by the patch makers.

Aditya added 6 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

We should not straight away report 10 posts of one member. We should have a look at the members quality of posts in other forums. If the member does not post constructive feedbacks in other forums as well then we may report few of his posts and then leave it on the mods. If mods will think that the member is really spamming then they will surely take action against that member.

Main point so we don't need to give any comments in AC09 Download forum ? for example Binnu have updated the stadia of karachi if it is good we just press the thanks button no comments ? means how is that stadium whether it is good or not As cricket 07 forum member give a lot of comment like nice work kiu ,amazing work kiu ,great work kiu good work kiu and so on .if we does not give any comment so how the mod of that thread will understand that how is this stadium whether it is good or not ?

If you don't comment and just press thanks button that too can make the patch maker understand that the download he has provided is good.

No C07 thing is bad but it has gone out of hand so very little can be done but ac09 just 4-5 people have started it so it can be controlled and thanks button means a download is good so 1 "Nice Work.KIU:hpraise" = 1 Thanks and some constructive criticism is very much appreciated but not possible every time

sachin_rocks added 1 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

BTW aditya added to his post "6 Minutes and 10 Seconds later." and i posted at 6:37 , 2 min after initial time of aditya's post
so time bug?

Last edited:
OK I Will improve myself :hpraise and will not post any spammy post like nice work kiu ,amazing work kiu ,great work kiu good work kiu :)

The time changes to the time of the last part of your post i think.

And I can't be bothered reading this article about spam. You're just spamming this forum :/

Also since the "thanks" Button is used for many purposes like thanking a person who helped in installing etc you can have a "Liked The Download" or "Good Download"" button which will tell the modder how good is his work

That isn't the problem for me. Its the general arguments that seem to flair up for no apparent reason.

Moderators should close/delete the threads if a particular thread is going into a discussion which's going to lead no where.

That is not the problem of users as everyone has their own opinion to speak out. When the difference in opinion comes out, one should not argue that he is right till he dies, which people here have to understand/ learn:).

Basically, one should not argue on his point till he dies.
If someone is found doing that, mods should simply close that particular thread.

If you don't comment and just press thanks button that too can make the patch maker understand that the download he has provided is good.
Thats the main reason I said many times in previous to animate/ extend the 'Thanks' button Image with few new layers which include "KIU" "Good" " Good Work" etc etc.

Also since the "thanks" Button is used for many purposes like thanking a person who helped in installing etc you can have a "Liked The Download" or "Good Download"" button which will tell the modder how good is his work

Thats the main reason I said many times in previous to animate/ extend the 'Thanks' button Image with few new layers which include "KIU" "Good" " Good Work" etc etc.

ya
something similar should be implemented :)

But the main problem is that many of the members straightway post "Amazing, good work, KIU etcetc" without even seeing the works. I have witnessed some of them in Graphics and Cric07 forum.

Users who are viewing this thread