Any Improvements?

What MattW said.

There's research been done that if you connect a brand new computer to the Internet without a firewall, within 5 minutes you will begin getting malicious packets that are looking for holes.

The longer you are without a firewall, the worse off you are so it's definitely good that you have one enabled.

Possibly the PlanetCricket View should be merged with the Cricket Discussion forum. A lot of interesting articles are posted there, that should generate discussion, but they don't because they are in that forum and many people don't bother reading articles there. Doing this would generate more discussion on good topics, and would decrease the proportion or threads in the Cricket Discussion forum that are based around news articles.

One thing that is really starting to grind my gears is the use of '^', it just looks stupid. If you're replying to the post above, just reply to it, i'm fairly sure someone with a brain can recognize that you're talking to them. And if you want to reply to a certain post, then just quote it but can people stop using '^'.

I remember reading that people were annoyed that people were quoting the post above and that's why they used ^. I do it sometimes, but other times I just go @so and so.

Yeah it was, because that was even stupider, if it's the post above you, just reply to it.

It's generally used to mean the post above the one above you. Two of them meaning 2 posts above it etc.
Most people are probably doing it wrong though...

On topic: Small things like that do not annoy me :). I think there are bigger problems on PC (not to the extent that is being suggested in the Leaving/Back thread or the subcontinental issue thread, but still).

The first time, yes. The second time, no.

I think that the subcontinental issue thread has actually raised a lot of good points, and there have been a few threads started that are actually good cricket discussions.

I was thinking of writing an article about the NZ cricket team, but I couldn't decide whether it would be best having it posted on the front page or in the Cricket Discussion forum, because no one discusses the articles posted on the front page. That's where all the good informative ideas come through but no one can be bothered replying to them. So hopefully my suggestion that I made before is acted upon :)

I think that the subcontinental issue thread has actually raised a lot of good points, and there have been a few threads started that are actually good cricket discussions.

Discussing a forum issue in public rather than fighting in a random thread always has an impact on general users who actually visit the PC but not that specific thread.

I really feel that reading discussion could guide the SC members who have just registered over the past few months.

Users who are viewing this thread