Any Improvements?

What's the point on giving a fake DOB when you don't need to give a DOB at all?

Not the first time i am saying this but time has come where its fair enough from my part to vent out the frustration that PC causes while loading ! Every other site i open seems to work fast and furious . This is the only site where i happen to experience hyper failure ! Need to get this site working faster !

You understand they don't do it themselves? There are problems. Trust me, the other forum CW to be precise (at least one which I joined) is damn slow. I understand the site goes off sometimes but it isn't slow to load as you say.

Not the first time i am saying this but time has come where its fair enough from my part to vent out the frustration that PC causes while loading ! Every other site i open seems to work fast and furious . This is the only site where i happen to experience hyper failure ! Need to get this site working faster !
There was a bit of genuine downtime earlier on this evening, but beyond that the site is working perfectly fine.

The reason the site is slower than many others you might visit is just one of distance, the server is located on the US West Coast, somewhere where India is about the furthest possible distance from either way you go around the world (the network cable goes across Europe, then across the Atlantic, and then across to the other side of the US). If this pathway is congested (as the internet can get in peak times), it gets even slower.

There's nothing that PC can do to speed this up.

Matt, there are some internal server errors I get while posting vbookie events or browsing vbookie section. Any thing to get it sorted?

TBH this was the one i wanted to mention . Not the second part really . And make that 'sometimes' twice a day .
The logs show otherwise, the site going down (not just being slow) for any length of time twice a day would certainly show up on our bandwidth monitoring, but downtime has been really minimal since our move to the current server.

Down For Everyone Or Just Me -> Check if your website is down or up? is a useful site to check if it is just an issue on your end.

Further to that - I can't solve a thing based on guess work. You need to open the command prompt and do a 'tracert planetcricket.org' when the site is up, and the next time the site is down for you. That way it shows exactly where in the chain the issue is occurring.

Matt, there are some internal server errors I get while posting vbookie events or browsing vbookie section. Any thing to get it sorted?
I can only suggest refreshing when they occur, they are in the vast majority of cases a one off.

I can't see that happening now... ;)
Hehe, I do miss the days when he had a very small, close-knit community on here and most of us knew each other on first name terms.

I certainly remember being one of very few Pakistan fans and now there all over the place, along with the huge influx of India fans.

Users who are viewing this thread